Two things that I have find to be obstructing in the field:

1. The hilariously huge notification for party invites and friend requests that says "press tab to see". When I'm in the heat of battle, they are annoying and frustrating. And they do not go away until I actually go see the invitation/requests.
  2. The "hold E to accept quest" for Urgent Quests. Again, they right right in my primary view area and they are obstructing view and distracting in battle.

Especially now that you have put in field content called the Gigantix, please move these notifications to the side. They don't need to be right in my face.

Especially the party invites and requests. I have already set them to "Hide" in the options, yet they still pop up.

With enough happening on screen, and me trying to watch for the parry windows, looking out for the slightest motion the boss makes, it's annoying to have these things cover up part of that view.

Please move them to the side. And please "Hide" those notifications when I set them to "Hide" in options.

@kztm said in Feedback: UI obstructions to gameplay:

Especially the party invites and requests. I have already set them to "Hide" in the options, yet they still pop up.

And if you turn the automatic decline to party invites on in the party options, it gets reset when you change area. WHY? It's all so counter-intuitive.

Agreed.

Also, can we turn off the cut-ins of other people? I don't need to see a giant picture of your face whenever you feel like showing it off.

Ya know, because I don't care.

And stamps. I want to turn those off outside of the chat box also. Stop spamming my screen. Eesh.

+1 to reliable UI hide functions

I just disable all of other people's autochat in options. Imagine fighting a Gigantix and one of the players has autochat cut-ins for getting healed, for taking damage, for getting revived, etc., and all of them uses cut-ins.

This. ALL of my this. FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT

@kztm Do what I do and blocklist the autochat cut-in spammers, I may use autochat cut-ins myself, but those only go off once or twice per quest and not every two seconds like a bunch of morons that I blocked.

@LazerRay You're right, I should have probably done that. From launch to now, I've only got one such cut-in spammer. It's probably a good idea to turn it on again and just block that single player.

I probably just disabled everything because I was annoyed at how that player's cut-ins made me miss parries and died on a boss I practically have 100% parry success...

It's not really spamming if the auto chat triggers as the game intends.

If you don't like seeing autochat in the log or screen, just turn it off.

But if you do like it, then blocking users who use the facial cut-ins in accordance to basic things as the game's RP intended will only hinder your gameplay experience by not being able to see where they are or if they can heal you.

So yeah, I don't know why the face screens are still so huge when we requested before for it to be smaller and screen position lockable through a UI interface customization option. (I guess the latter was too time restricting to add in.)

I guess asking for the option to turn off Cut-Ins is a good idea since we also have the option to remove it from the log visibility.

Imagine if cut-ins were the same size that the operators cut in box is

@Vashzaron said in Feedback: UI obstructions to gameplay:

Imagine if cut-ins were the same size that the operators cut in box is

Isn't that the small one? I'll have to check, but I think that's what we were asking for in the long run.

Yep. Found it on the forums.

alt text

pso20210705_014210_002.jpg pso20210705_015504_003.jpg

I only recently had time to revise my autochat cut-ins to only (mostly) trigger for the start, end, or failure of trials.

I've had 3 face cut-ins trigger by me and two NPCs, but that's the most disruption I got annoyed with.

If you get used to the mobs and can predict the movements, the large size isn't as much of an issue.

But I can see it as an issue for those who need to concentrate because they're just not as skilled as some other players who use autochat cut-ins.

I would like to add in the smaller size to my Autochat if we can get that as a bb code type of option.

But because we only have large, I'm stuck with what's available.

For now, we only have this: Screenshot_58.jpg

I would also like to add in the option of Alliance Members Only to the Display Symbol Art of Other Players section, or even a Party Members Only or Alliance + Party option.

The frequency of autochat triggers is extremely odd, considering that I use a lot of the healing items, but the autochat rarely shows up.

Someone requested a delay timer to prevent duplicate autochat repetitions such as when multiple trials trigger right after another.

(IE- 5 or 10 seconds down to a full minute.)

I can see this working as an option for Cut-Ins or even the basic autochat.

Screenshot_59.jpg

@MasterDarkwingz It's spamming because of its frequency and inconsiderate use. Just because it's working through an in-game trigger doesn't make it fine. The whole Area doesn't need to be thanked when you receive a heal. The whole Area doesn't need to be thanked when you receive a revive. In content like Gigantix, imagine someone with a cut-in saying "Thank you for the heals" and "Thank you for the revive" and "Thank you for the buff" everytime someone drop s heal, a revive, and a buff. It's extremely annoying. Autochat cut-in spam is talking about these situations.

But this is not what this thread is about.

This thread is about the obstruction of UI, and cut-ins do that on my and some other people's screens, while not on others (including yours), it seems.

I wonder why your cut-ins weren't aligned against the center. My cut-ins (from other people) look like this:

alt text

It is aligned flush against the dead center of my screen, meaning it ALWAYS blocks my view of the enemy. Maybe they messed up the placement on ultrawides.

I can see it as an issue for those who need to concentrate because they're just not as skilled

Sad when you raise a problem and other people just assume you're not skilled, not good enough, with this kind of response. 😞

I can see it as an issue for those who need to concentrate because they're just not as skilled

Sad when you raise a problem and other people just assume you're not skilled, not good enough, with this kind of response. 😞

PSO2 is just as skill based on predictive ability as any other game.

It's not a matter of "not being good enough," it's that some players simply aren't as bothered by obstructions or obstacle as the player nearby.

The issue with the Cut-In default location display option (and size) could be that my monitor is probably bigger than yours.

(I'm using an amplifier for my Alienware laptop and have it hooked up to my TV.)

Which circles us back to the requested customizable UI that the devs didn't have time to make plans for this year.

@MasterDarkwingz said in Feedback: UI obstructions to gameplay:

But I can see it as an issue for those who need to concentrate because they're just not as skilled as some other players who use autochat cut-ins.

Skilled or not, anything that pops up on my screen like that when I don't want it to is an obstruction, regardless of where it is positioned. You can talk about familiarity with enemies all you like, but the fact is even the most skilled of players will gett punched in the face if they can't see or hear the punch coming because of something being on the screen at the wrong time or place.

@Furious-0

As I said:

@MasterDarkwingz said in Feedback: UI obstructions to gameplay:

PSO2 is just as skill based on predictive ability as any other game.

It's not a matter of "not being good enough," it's that some players simply aren't as bothered by obstructions or obstacle as the player nearby.

The issue with the Cut-In default location display option (and size) could be that my monitor is probably bigger than yours.

(I'm using an amplifier for my Alienware laptop and have it hooked up to my TV.)

Which circles us back to the requested customizable UI that the devs didn't have time to make plans for this year.

It all circles back to what the developers have time to produce.

Right now it's content on the menu, not more UI revisions. (Although that could easily change depending on the schedule.)