Hey Whales, I have a question

@Crysiania nope, only thing about accounts in ToS is that you are not allowed to share your account with others.

Skimming the ToS, can't really find exact wording of account sharing anymore, closest it comes to is under section 6, but again - it mentions nothing about having multiple accounts.

GM has said it is ok to have multiple accounts under same IP https://forum.pso2.com/topic/674/can-you-have-two-accounts-at-once?page=1

and the RMT measures in the past (example https://pso2.com/news/server-info/accountmeasures1113) only covers about not sharing/lending accounts

Alternatively, Sega can fix this with a credit system: A credit is a currency that works the same as meseta and always consumes first before mesetas when making purchases from NPCs (whether grinding, affixing, or buying stuff from NPC, which are the major meseta drain in-game right now). Any request rewards or chest rewards that meant to give a large sum of mesetas will be rewarded with credits instead.
Those credits will not be tradable on the player market. Only Mesetas can be traded on the market, and only ways to obtain mesetas are either from monster kills or selling dropped loots to the NPC. This limits the meseta production and controls the inflation, also limited multi-acc collecting on time-gated quests.

@K-UwU said in Hey Whales, I have a question:

But, seriously. I don't want to be a part of this anymore. At least not right now. So don't ping me, don't ask me. Thanks for understanding.

If you wanted to discuss what was in a different thread, you should have started with that. But you didn't. Your first post was a question to whales and people responded to it that way.

Don't use another thread to bump an old thread. Bump the old thread instead. This should be internet forum 101 common sense.

You brought this all onto your self and really behaved like an internet troll. Hope you'll think back to this and realize this.

You're being pinged because that's what the "reply" button does and that's just that. Turn off notices for mentions for a couple of days and you'll be fine. We have no obligation to change our habits just because you don't like how something you started ends up.

@Ash-Lv1 The idea of credits is really not necessary. Just stop giving mesetas in dailies and weeklies, and adjust NPC shop prices accordingly. NPC prices are that high only because players are dished out welfare MST from dailies and weeklies. Stop doing that and let all income only come from killing mobs. Just adjust according to the new level of income that is expected.

And then make all personal shop purchases bind on purchase. Just stopping the mass injection of money into the economy is not enough, as scalpers will be even more encouraged due to the huge demand for money caused by existing scalpers, which prompts more players to become scalpers, and that will still cause runaway inflation.

The only way to stop inflation, is to stop printing money, and eradicate all scalpers. Can't achieve anything without doing both.

@HarmlessSyan said in Hey Whales, I have a question:

@Crysiania nope, only thing about accounts in ToS is that you are not allowed to share your account with others.

Skimming the ToS, can't really find exact wording of account sharing anymore, closest it comes to is under section 6, but again - it mentions nothing about having multiple accounts.

GM has said it is ok to have multiple accounts under same IP https://forum.pso2.com/topic/674/can-you-have-two-accounts-at-once?page=1

and the RMT measures in the past (example https://pso2.com/news/server-info/accountmeasures1113) only covers about not sharing/lending accounts

Thank you for taking the time to figure out one thing. Multiple accounts.

You see, I do not have multiple accounts, but I have multiple computers. I play this game together in the same room with the one I love on separate accounts. It would be sad if both of our accounts were flagged for being under the same address just to have a discussion of being banned under the belief that we may be attempting to manipulate the system.

As far as solutions go, the only solution I can find towards such issues would be to have a ship that is just for free players. No AC Purchases are allowed on that ship. At the start of the weekly reset, the market will enter a three day phase where all players can on their end post the items they want to put up for sale. These items are posted but not listed on the marketboard yet. After the posting phase is over, the items are listed and remain listed until the weekly reset, where the entire list is cleared and everyone starts over again.

Under this system, AC scratch will be earned under a new internalized currency that the player base actually earns. Like SG scratch, those items are untradeable. Instead, the items a player does not want can be turned into Recycle Badges. 5 Recycle Badges will allow you to pick an item for yourself that you want from the prize list.

Monetization for that ship will require an access pass for it, meaning it goes from being F2P to B2P or P2P, but at a lower cost than premium per month. This way, we will have the F2P version and a ship representing a B2P or P2P version.

@kztm Oh, my little one.. you just couldn't resist, could you? But, don't worry. I understand. You had to say it. And yes, I'm doing the same thing as you. By answering you. We both did it not because it's the right thing to do, but because our ego demands it. And there is nothing to be proud of. we both still have a lot to learn about how to be a good person.

@kztm

My concern with your suggestion is that it will force more people to spend actual money on the game for cosmetics. And you also effectively kill what would be the market in the process. Some people really just enjoy playing the market and I don't think it's fair to kill that sort of play just because people are finding a loophole.

I'd rather they just make it against ToS to have multiple accounts. I feel that's far less damaging to the game overall. Or maybe Sega can make the effort to track people who drop the money onto other accounts. Like, You get a fixed amount of meseta from weeklies and red crates. They should have this number. I really don't see how it would be difficult for them to watch that exact number get transferred to an account.

@K-UwU My little one. LOL. The same hand every troll tries when they realize they aren't making sense.

@Knight-Raime said in Hey Whales, I have a question:

Some people really just enjoy playing the market and I don't think it's fair to kill that sort of play just because people are finding a loophole.

The problem is, those people who enjoy playing the market, are scalpers. That is what they objectively are doing: buying low and selling high, adding to the inflation. They do not add to the supply of items, they only make the limited supply of items even more expensive. And by doing that, they create further demand for money.

You cannot fight inflation without eliminating the scalpers. Having multiple accounts simply have the same effect as increasing the supply of money, and that is only one half of the problem, the supply of money. The other half, the demand for money, still exists. Stopping one but not the other will only vastly raise the demand for money.

And because game compnaies have this special place in their hearts for a "free" market economy, we're likely never going to see NGS without inflation. If anything it has already started.

Trying to focus on multi-boxing or multi-accounts witout acknowledging this is dangerous, and borderline malicious. It blurs the focus and prevents people from seeing the whole problem, believing by mistake that the system started healthy and was ruined by multi-accounts.

It isn't. The system started flawed and inflation was inevitable in the first place.