Multi account red box hunters are destroying the market

Honestly, the solution is simple. Lock the personal shop behind story quests or levels. If you have to complete the story quests including defeating Nex to send the money to your main, fewer people will be doing it. Also, it wouldn't affect anyone who's played the game for more than 2-3 days.

@NTNT They will make an update next week where only players who had finished the upcoming side quest for Aina can access the player shop. Bandaide solution until they fix the whole market issue but a solution non the less since those people who abuse the red boxes needs to play/levelup their character in-order to use the shop.

The Aina's Resolve task is a main task that follows up after the Mt. Magnus story fight, which means it has a BP gate of 850 BP.

This is probably enough to deter most "legit" farmers who do it by hand. But sooner or later we are going to see bots doing the farming. Heck, in FFXIV there are bots that can run the whole base game main story quests. I wouldn't expect this solution to stop the RMT vendors from botting the extremely short series of tasks up to and including Aina's Resolve.

And once they have the bot scripts sorted out, things are going to get worse.

@kztm Oh the new quest was "Aina's wish" or and not "resolve" lol. But yeah it still a bandaide solution for now.

@kztm said in Multi account red box hunters are destroying the market:

Heck, in FFXIV there are bots that can run the whole base game main story quests.

They do that mostly through position hacking to kill enemies and bosses with ranged classes fro safe locations due to the fixed gear given out. The question in NGS is if the botters can create a bot to properly gear up and reliably kill Nogleth.

@ultimatecalibur said in Multi account red box hunters are destroying the market:

@kztm said in Multi account red box hunters are destroying the market:

Heck, in FFXIV there are bots that can run the whole base game main story quests.

They do that mostly through position hacking to kill enemies and bosses with ranged classes fro safe locations due to the fixed gear given out. The question in NGS is if the botters can create a bot to properly gear up and reliably kill Nogleth.

I don't know if any of you remember, but i do remember that the story nogleth fight is pretty much a joke. It spends most of the "fight" just jumping back and forth without attacking. Maybe it'll still be too much for bots but they coulda just locked it behind the strory dragon fight for certainty.

@K-UwU said in Multi account red box hunters are destroying the market:

@DevonRayMun the cradle it is.

But if we really put all the jokes aside, then the last survey just opened my eyes.

I used to think that the meaning of NGS Global would be like this. SEGA: 'Hello, friends from all over the world, we have an interesting franchise, and we want to give you the opportunity to enjoy it. As our fans in Japan are already doing.' But the truth is that everything is different. SEGA: 'Hey you, Gaijins, we heard that you are rich here, give us your money.'

What are you on about? All the stuff you mention has been in the game since its launch It's not a NGS thing, not a JP vs global thing. Although that does happen a lot with Sega and their handling of Global market with phantasy star. so it's not really surprising there is a negative apinion of them.

I wonder what kind of suggestions people have sent to SEGA in support tickets, my idea was for them to convert all the Yellow Meseta from Red Boxes going forward as non-tradeable Geen Meseta that could not be used at the player shops.

That would basically limit it to only being a currency for the Item Lab Enhancement Shop...and I'm not sure if it's one of those "easier said than done" solutions...but an idea is an idea I guess.

I think a max price on things is what they should have done, instead of a minimum price. I don't really like either. It's the players market.

I think the real problem is you don't make enough money by playing the game like a normal person, so players feel they have to resort to red box farming and rmt to be able to get what you cannot earn reasonably.

Let people make meseta by playing your game lol. People feel surprise actually rewarded for grinding, you make enough to play and experiment with different weapons and outfits, and you can actually sell the stuff you don't want from AC scratches for a decent price.