Multi account red box hunters are destroying the market

Market prices has been climbing higher than expected, and someone tipped me off why:

Apparently certain players are making multiple accounts to open red boxes, and then dumping meseta onto the main account. I’m sure this is against the ToS and needs a quick investigation into before it irrecoverably damages the market.

If players are doing this, you know the bots are doing it too. If this problem isn’t fixed soon expect prices to be above 500k for the simplest accessory. 😧

That seems very time consuming and expensive.

All of those boxes take a while to find, and people would have to buy a ton of premium accounts. I can't imagine anybody doing this.

There’s maps online to all the boxes, and you don’t have to be premium to buy overpriced items from other players apparently. This is a bad situation. 😕

@HermitST said in Multi account red box hunters are destroying the market:

That seems very time consuming and expensive.

Mhm, making a new steam account takes like 5 minutes. Then you rush through the tutorial, rush through each non-combat area once in an increasingly optimized route for like an hour or two and dump everything at some primm sword or augment in the personal shop. Since you'd lack the combat areas, you'd come out at like 400k or sth per run.

Only the main account needs a personal shop pass, which you might have stockpiled from the base game already.

It's definitely something that can be abused.

It is being abused, and I’m sure bots are abusing it too.

Can a GM pass this on to the developers? Could could be bad if overlooked.

Anyone who's abusing this should be aware that Sega likely has monitoring in place to catch the 'sales' of junk items (like Primm gear) selling for absurd prices as that will be the only(?) way RMTs can give currency to their NGS buyers. Want Sega to think you're an RMT? This is how you do it.

If you sell enough junk items for unrealistic prices (or hundreds of them at 1000 each) your main account will get flagged, and you will get banned. If you don't want to lose your account I'd strongly encourage you to stop doing this.

@Zoe Oh, I understand now. Yes, that could become an issue.

@Xaelon And sega will patiently wait to give them a chance to offload the meseta to buyers (who will, of course, not be punished) and then they'll ban the throwaway accounts. Nothing got solved and there'll be more of them before you can blink. You know, just the usual "we can't stop them (since we're not even trying), please understand"

I highly doubt they'll prove me wrong.

So. since someone mentioned abusing systems with multi-accounts. I also want to add that this is probably the real reason why the personal shop is not available to non-premium users. The buyer of the meseta must buy a premium. Another question. will SEGA ban the premium user? Will she ban him permanently or for a couple of days? Or not at all? And if we assume that they really monitor suspicious transactions. How many of them do you need to make it considered suspicious? For example, if a person makes 3 accounts. Each will do weekly quests and transfer money from 2 accounts to the main one. He needs a main account with a premium and needs to make 2 suspicious transactions. Do any of you really believe that SEGA will ban him just for 2 deals once in a week?

Also. Since we're talking about it. In my opinion, there is one measure to stop this from working. We will have to sacrifice the free market.

• Make all prices fixed, this will not allow them to use the numbers in the prices to identify their accounts.
  • Remove the ability to view recently posted products.
  • Always shuffle the result with each new search request.
    With this measures the life of RMT sellers and buyers will become very complicated. Of course, there should be a strictly thought-out economy, which sega will have to take care of and which will take a lot of time to polish..

The problem of multi-accounts is very serious. And I am glad that this topic was raised. And I really hope that its discussion will be very active. And Sega will not be able to ignore this problem anymore, because it could potentially destroy the market altogether. If the mass abuse of this system begins, we will see Cradle 2.0 on the market.

@Yggranya Debating what Sega will do or won't do is pointless as neither you nor I have any way to prove they have or haven't done anything about this.

@K-UwU said in Multi account red box hunters are destroying the market:

In my opinion, there is one measure to stop this from working.

Well, against RMT trades, one possible solution would also be to only allow people to buy the lowest priced product. Regular buyers are gonna go for that anyway, so they won't be impacted much, but RMT would pretty much need to find a dead market for their transactions. That would also help against multi-accounts, because they, too, would have to find a dead market to transfer their money.

Of course, I'd prefer to simply remove the massive, gated meseta dumps and make multi-accounts no different from regular alts, but hey-yo. That's probably not even on the table.

@Xaelon said in Multi account red box hunters are destroying the market:

@Yggranya Debating what Sega will do or won't do is pointless as neither you nor I have any way to prove they have or haven't done anything about this.

So what you're saying is that there was no reason for this response? OK. Regardless i'll just quote myself and we can leave it at that.

@Yggranya said in Multi account red box hunters are destroying the market:

i am sure they can do the same with reactors which is 50k per day.

Pretty much. They they tried to make everything account bound, without realizing that rule breakers would just find a way around it.

As someone that can only afford 500k a week from weeklies, it’s hard to stomach.

@Xaelon said in Multi account red box hunters are destroying the market:

So what you're saying is that there was no reason for this response? OK. Regardless i'll just quote myself and we can leave it at that.

So by virtue of your latest response you admit that your original post is pointless as well.

As I said, you have no way to prove that sega takes any action (for or against these farming actions) so how exactly do you intend to prove that sega has in fact taken no action?