Photon dash upgrade

I have an idea that'll make Photon dash better ( I play on console ) ( default controls ) instead of needing to press and hold right Trigger and then let go of right Trigger then tap it again to turn off spring that will stop you in place for a few seconds

I propose this you press and hold right trigger as normal to engage photons dash but as soon as you let go it would return you to the jogging animation

I run on a PC with mouse/keyboard and the dash doesn't always engage when I double tap movement keys, something needs to be fixed

@LazerRay it's fine for open world but when you've got to do those parkour courses it extremely broken

That is the problem I get, the dash doesn't always engage when I need it to at times

@LazerRay said in Photon dash upgrade:

I run on a PC with mouse/keyboard and the dash doesn't always engage when I double tap movement keys, something needs to be fixed

I had that phenomenon on my W-Key, so I could only reliably start sprinting by dodging left or right. I ended up using one of my two side mouse buttons for the dodge action and simply holding that down works like a charm.

@Zoe I can't do that since I use my side mouse buttons for weapon select, since I would accidentally trigger that on the mouse wheel when doing the third action on the default config.

@LazerRay

I bound weapon action to the second side button and left weapon select at the wheel. I considered putting the quick menu on the middle click, but I'm averse to middle clicking in general, so it's just unbound entirely for me now.

The nifty bit is that weapon action and dodge are both "thumb" now, so as long as I remember to "thumb" when a hit comes, chances are I'll do something useful, even if I fat-finger it.

Anyway... yeah. With double tapping, I find dodging sideways more reliable.

@Drakaina This should be in the in games suggestion thread, not in general. Suggestions get logged better there, and it goes without saying, it won't get buried as easily.

@Anarchy-Marine could you provide me a link please didn't know it was the thing

@Drakaina said in Photon dash upgrade:

@Anarchy-Marine could you provide me a link please didn't know it was the thing

https://forum.pso2.com/category/61/in-game-suggestions

We could also @ GM-Deynger to see if they'd be willing to shift this thread on over to said thread, so that you don't have to re-type everything out.

Edit: Nevermind, OP made a new corresponding thread, please go here if you support the idea.

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/13255/photon-dash-upgrade?_=1625213734629