Best PAs for travel?

I want a PA with low PP to use for travel. PAs don't use more PP when you level them up, do they? Basically what's the most efficient way to move around quickly in PSO2?

That would depend on your class, for example Rangers can use Rocket Rodeo Zero (the crafted version) as a mobility PA, and Tech users have Ilzonde for quick bursts of speed, I'm not sure what other classes have though since I didn't run them.

In terms of efficiency and speed (as well as safety), you really cannot beat Braver's Asagiri-Rendan/Morning Mistreaver. However, on Global we are missing a crucial weapon (Helen Bathina) which is an all-class katana with this baked in as an innate photon art so you must be a Braver in some form and cannot be a Phantom to access this.

As a result, your efficiency ends up going elsewhere in the context of Global. I personally recommend Safoie Type-0 or Ilzonde as traveling techniques as these are very good for moving around provided you have access to techniques (Force, Techer, Bouncer, Summoner, Hero, or Phantom).

I know you can use the Bouncer's Gran Wave/Grand Wave, the Ranger's Rocket Rodeo Type-0, and the Gunner's Grim Barrage for mobility as well. I believe the Hunter also also has Guilty Break and the Techer has Heavy Hammer (uncharged) for mobility.

As a result, the Fighter is one of the classes who are left out with them relying on the knuckles (I cannot recall what the attack is called but I believe it might be Heartless Impact) or techniques via a compatible subclass. Otherwise if you are wanting to go about it the hardcore way, you can learn to eight-step dash which works the best with Twin Daggers.

Lastly to add, classes like the Luster completely trivialize traveling by having an innate slide (double-tapping the dodge button) which also allows you to reposition and teleport around enemies.

I'm currently a Braver, Ive been using spring flowerstorm to get around but maybe morning mistreaver is a better idea. is there anything lower than 15 pp?

@Illusory said in Best PAs for travel?:

I'm currently a Braver, Ive been using spring flowerstorm to get around but maybe morning mistreaver is a better idea. is there anything lower than 15 pp?

15pp is pretty standard for most classes, unless you want to go force/phantom cause then you can use llzonde for 1pp.

Hunter has Spin Dance for 5pp. Might need to max it to get that low though.

One of the cheapest movement abilities is unfortunately one of the slowest. It's the Etoile double saber glide (double tap dodge) at 0 PP. It is faster than your running land speed though and it sets you up for a perfect attack. The start of the glide is reasonably fast, so you can get a bit of extra speed by bunny hopping the glide.

For most movement PA's though, S-Augments that reduce PP or increase PP recovery help. Otherwise you're mostly zipping around and topping up PP between the intermittent mob spawns.

@VanillaLucia said in Best PAs for travel?:

As a result, the Fighter is one of the classes who are left out with them relying on the knuckles (I cannot recall what the attack is called but I believe it might be Heartless Impact) or techniques via a compatible subclass. Otherwise if you are wanting to go about it the hardcore way, you can learn to eight-step dash which works the best with Twin Daggers.

It is Heartless Impact. I always considered it Grand Wave's lesser cousin, elementless and without the deband shift-art at the end. I felt this is one of knuckle's better PA's.