Gigantix design created so many leeching players.

The amount of leeching players during gigantix encounter is slowly getting worse day by day. Their behaviors are so obvious and easy to tell. So far, I've seen:

• Players under level 20 afk near the ryuker device where gigantix spawns. Some of them will move to make sure to be in range for loot collection. After the boss dead, they immediately room hop to another room.

• Players under level 20 with a SUBCLASS level 20 try to mix in with the other level 20s. They often use the excuse of "I want to chat with people :)". As soon as thunder storm happens, they proceed to flock to the boss location knowing full well it would increase the hp scaling and they do little to no damage. After the boss dead, they immediately room hop to another room.

• Players under level 20 with subclass also under level 20 doing the exact things mentioned above. How to tell? Use nearby player list and you can immediately tell who intends to leech by being close to everyone in combat.

• Players under level 20 on Techter and Ranger claiming to contribute with support skills.

This really is getting out of control. If you think it's just 2 or 3 players leeching and it won't matter, just wait for it to became a problem for a full room. I've seen a full room an hour prior to thunder storm time with 5 leeches under level 20 main class. 110% sure they were not pass by newbies/lowbies because they refuse to leave the crowd area.

I don't minded carry players in UQ when they would at least all meet the minimum requirement to enter, but I simply cannot stand obvious leeching attempts like these. Especially, when our level 20 with maxed gear still doing so little damage already. The upcoming event gigantix is gonna be an absolute nightmare.

Report them, if you asked nicely, informed them of the danger. I'd put them on my blocklist right after. SEGA needs to do something about it since it's more of a game issue than player issue..

The wait for Gigantix isn’t the most exhilarating gameplay out there. :3

D3AB5E9F-6F99-4F4C-B689-C97ACC9A67D7.jpeg

As I’ve waited for Gigantix to spawn, I’ve seen lvl 20s:

Fall asleep

AFK

Go gathering

Or get distracted by the veteran boss in the area.

The whole system is like fighting Eidolons on Warframe, but made in such a horrible manner. Unless they do something about the fundamental issues with Gigantix, don’t expect any of this to get better. 😕

This is honestly why Sega needs to figure out some way to implement direct contribution scaling to the boss, similar to what WoW does. If a player under level 20 is hitting the boss for minimal damage, they shouldn't be contributing to the Gigantic's increased health, nor should they be getting any rewards for when it does.

Only those that are actually level 20, and contributing non-minimal damage should be affecting the bosses scaling and be reaping any rewards when it dies. Yes, Gigantc's are super easy now to kill for a lot of us, but it's still irritating to have to put that much more effort into killing one, just because there's a low level leech nearby.

@Pariah-Chan Are you on ship 2? That looks like a ship 2 scene I stumbled across dropping into West Aelio for dailies/Region mag last week.

@FoolsArcana said in Gigantix design created so many leeching players.:

@Pariah-Chan Are you on ship 2? That looks like a ship 2 scene I stumbled across dropping into West Aelio for dailies/Region mag last week.

Ship 1 actually, was passing the time until spawn. XD

@Pariah-Chan I've seen it in west and south aelio by the ryuker, just a mob of folks standing around waiting for GGX spawns or taking screenies. Was ironic though. Lol

Think this happens on every ship.

@Pariah-Chan said in Gigantix design created so many leeching players.:

The wait for Gigantix isn’t the most exhilarating gameplay out there. :3

D3AB5E9F-6F99-4F4C-B689-C97ACC9A67D7.jpeg

Not gonna lie, I kinda enjoy the wait XD

I hate Gigantix overall, but the social aspect that comes with waiting is quite fun. It's the one part of the game that gives me the feeling that I am playing with other people. In every other part of the game, everybody is dead silent or off doing their own thing.

@HermitST you should visit Aelio 001 on your off hunt time then, it’s pretty active due to it being The agreed upon area to hang out at. ;3

I once ran around doing my dailies with a Giga in the background. (Not within the full distance view.)

Wasn't expecting to see my character's Auto Chat for victory to play followed by the loot dropping.

I was just there to grab the Mag buff and wasn't expecting such a large area of Giga proximity.

I'm going to have to agree with a return of the old contribution points from Mining Base to be added and contribute to the drop table variety.

(IE- Less points, less N-meseta and possibility of no augments.)