Gift SG items to friends

Self explanatory. We should be allowed to gift friends SG items if we can't use them, especially with Stamps in NGS and how they are a one-use item. It'd be nice to have the option to gift people SG items they want as well.

Would be nice if we could.

Ok, yeah, I like this idea. I dont think there's anything good to trade the SG recycle badges for at the moment anyways.

I wouldn't mind if this were implemented, but I have to say I'm against this idea.

If we were given the ability to gift SG then nothing is stopping players of making a new account, go around looking for the red boxes that give SG, and then transferring that SG to their main account. I know of people that do this with meseta, but SG is a semi premium currency unlike meseta so it would quickly lose its value.

Unless they remove all the red boxes that give SG, I wouldn't want to see this ever being implemented.

@Meikoloid said in Gift SG items to friends:

I wouldn't mind if this were implemented, but I have to say I'm against this idea.

If we were given the ability to gift SG then nothing is stopping players of making a new account, go around looking for the red boxes that give SG, and then transferring that SG to their main account. I know of people that do this with meseta, but SG is a semi premium currency unlike meseta so it would quickly lose its value.

Unless they remove all the red boxes that give SG, I wouldn't want to see this ever being implemented.

And why would people do that? Because SG is a currency that you can acquire in limited ways and numbers. Handouts aren't exactly a reliable source. I mean i wouldn't do it, but i can see the appeal (not really, it sounds incredibly dull).

Edit: Disregard what you see here, I should read more before commenting

You can get around 500 SG just from collecting red boxes, it could take you around what? 2 hours to collect all of those? Probably even less if you were to plan an optimized route.

If you compare: What you can get creating another account and gifting the SG to your main in just a few hours vs. What you can normally get playing PSO2 in one week, the difference is massive. Why would I play old PSO2 if this other option is way more rewarding, can be done faster, and I don't have to wait 7 day? Why pay $20 (2000 AC since we can't buy SG directly anymore) when this other option gives me about the same amount of SG and is totally free?

Of course the common/casual players won't do this because it takes much more effort to set up, but the more dedicated players and whales would totally abuse this system if it ever were to be implemented, just like how they already do it to get quick meseta from the boxes.

IMO the better solution would be to make the SG items themselves be tradeable or giftable. Hell, let's go one step beyond, make all SG items sellable in the Player Shop, maybe at an increased minimum price compared to AC items, but at least everyone would have a chance to get them when the scratches are discontinued.

Op never said to gift SG, just the scratch items from SG scratch, that can't be used. You otherwise wouldn't have any use for them, save for trading in for the badges. I really wished people would stop skim reading.

So.... basically make a bunch of alt accounts, do free SG scratch everyday + farm SG to do scratch and send all items to main so you wouldn't need to spend SG on your main.

@HarmlessSyan said in Gift SG items to friends:

So.... basically make a bunch of alt accounts, do free SG scratch everyday + farm SG to do scratch and send all items to main so you wouldn't need to spend SG on your main.

Not the intent, but I could see how someone could abuse this.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Gift SG items to friends:

Op never said to gift SG, just the scratch items from SG scratch, that can't be used. You otherwise wouldn't have any use for them, save for trading in for the badges. I really wished people would stop skim reading.

Fuck, you're right. Apologies for that, because english isn't my mother language I do tend to skip or misinterpret some words haha. It's a bad habit I should correct.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Gift SG items to friends:

Fuck, you're right. Apologies for that, because english isn't my mother language I do tend to skip or misinterpret some words haha. It's a bad habit I should correct.

I should be the one apologizing. I have spent the past few weeks, dealing with people that natively speak English, that have not been reading, or even bothering to pay attention to what others have to say, or post, so I was already in a bad mood from that, and I made that off handed remark, which wasn't called for. You are doing pretty well, all things considered. Hell, you're doing better than some that grew up with the language, given that some of them don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". You'd be shocked at the number of Americans that use numbers instead of words. I blame old school cell phones with character limits for that though.

What? So you would mind if it was implemented.

@Riesz said in Gift SG items to friends:

What? So you would mind if it was implemented.

Ok, perhaps I didn't write it correctly and the statement seems contradictory, so let me rephrase it.

"I wouldn't mind if this were implemented, but I have to say that it could be a feature that players might abuse, and I'm against those kinds of actions."

I see the intent on gifting items go your friends that might not have the best of luck or maybe started after the free scratch got discontinued, but I don't like to see people abusing a system to gain a huge advantage over others, just like they already do to gain huge amounts of meseta in less than a day.

I wouldn't mind this, or being able to trade a SG item for SG item with another player. So often I"ve gotten things a friend was trying to get, and they'd get stuff I wanted and we'd both be left disgruntled lol