Boss Stunning Spots

Every boss has a stunning spot that can be accumulated by the Melee Player. Once they do enough damage to the spot it will stun the boss for a short time. So far, the Sword Boss and the other Urgent Quest Bosses' stun spots are their feet, but for everything else I don't know what the stun spots are, particularly the Nogleth, is it's legs or the arms? Does it even have a stun spot like those 3 bosses or do they simply don't have them?

Also, another question: Are rangers not able to make multiple weak spots on the same enemy, even if they're different people?

Sadly Blight Rounds is overwritten when used on a different spot, this is something I have had to fight with on PSO2 and now on NGS.

I try to mark spot to make the battles easier for others, but there is another Ranger who decides to move the mark just for them self creating what I call "Blight Pong", it is extremely irritating, not just for me, but also I get complaints from other Rangers in my alliance when they have to deal with idiot randoms who keep moving the Blight Rounds mark.

After doing enough battles with bosses I learn what areas to attack to disable parts of a boss or to stun them, just like you already mentioned a lot of bosses you go for the legs to stun them, this also applies to Nogleth, but you mainly want to hit the front ones to also interrupt his swipes and punches.

As for the bosses that only have a single target point, they don't have a stun spot, so you just have to beat the hell out of them until they go down.

It also helps to have a tech user in the group to trigger elemental stuns by hitting the boss with it's weakness (something I can do on both of my characters, my main being a Ranger/Force and my alt being a Force/Hunter).

By attempting both physical and elemental stuns you can really turn a battle around since it will prevent the boss from doing much, and if you can get that just before the Break bar trips in a UQ, you can hold that boss down even longer.

to add to this, there's an orange "shockwave" every time you hit an enemy's stun spot, so you can always tell if you're hitting one or not.

for daityl swords and axes, as you've noticed, the stun spots are the legs and feet (you can hit them anywhere on the legs, all the way up to the hips).

for pettas vera and nex vera, the stun spots are also the legs and feet. nex aelio is identical to nex vera.

for nogleth, the stun spots are the front legs and the head—hitting the back legs will not bring it down. once it's enraged, the weak spot also counts as part of the head.

varas, waulon, chiacurio, eldi scythe, and bigg frogga have stun spots on their weak points.

oruq's stun spots are the head and wings. the head includes the weak spot, and breaking it open will cause a stun, so most people focus that.

bujin's stun spot is, as noted, the entire body, since there are no separate hitzones.

ard banshee, thunder banser, and crag bear do not seem to have stunned states, as far as i know—probably because they're a different type of creature. however, ard banshee and thunder banser will both "flinch", interrupting their current action, if you do enough damage to their head weakspots.

For nogleth it's better to mark the head. It's not a tall enemy like daityl and trying to hit the front leg is a waste of time.

@starryeyedgiant said in Boss Stunning Spots:

ard banshee, thunder banser, and crag bear do not seem to have stunned states, as far as i know—probably because they're a different type of creature. however, ard banshee and thunder banser will both "flinch", interrupting their current action, if you do enough damage to their head weakspots.

The Ard/Thunder Banshees/Bansers are a break point rather than down point enemy. They have 5 confirmed targetable break points (Head and 4 claws) and a possible untargetable 6th (rear end) just like the PSO2 Banshees/Bansers. They will actually fail and fall over when attempting to perform certain attacks if all 4 claws have been broken.

Nex Aelio (and possible Nex Vera) will enter a "burn state" where it will constantly expose its core until the next down if enough parts are broken. I seems players just seem to like to punch its feet rather than breaking parts which is why you don't often see this.

@ultimatecalibur said in Boss Stunning Spots:

Nex Aelio (and possible Nex Vera) will enter a "burn state" where it will constantly expose its core until the next down if enough parts are broken. I seems players just seem to like to punch its feet rather than breaking parts which is why you don't often see this.

so that's what that is! good to know.

And now... you show me a proofs. I understand that you've seen a couple of times how the boss's foot is marked in UQ and he falls. But this does not prove that the reason is the leg. The leg is easy to hit and this is the reason why it is marked, because melee classes are not agile and if they can't hit marked spot they are useless. But what about the situation if you have only ranged classes in your squad? 1 ranger, 7 gunners for example. For them, shooting in the chest will not be a problem. They destroy the boss's armor in the 1st phase, they get access to the core faster. They deal more dmg, they finish faster. We need a comparison, 8 shooters kill the boss by shooting only in the leg and 8 shooters kill the boss by breaking his armor and shooting at the core.

I want to say That it is quite possible. The boss falls faster if you hit the legs just because melee classes can only hit the legs effectively. If the marker is on the chest, there obviously will be less dmg simply because melee fighters get tired of pressing the jump button and do not hit the marker. And the stun effect can be tied to the total amount of damage done, and not to a specific part of the body. And we are not talking about elemental attacks, only about physical ones.

I really understand that it's easy to come like this and reveal the "truth" to everyone. But we are talking about the key game mechanics. And if anyone claim something, then give evidence.

@K-UwU The ability to test is why I really want triggers. The foot punching meta is really annoying me and I want to test if it really is the best way to take them down.

@ultimatecalibur same bro. I really wish we had something like a simulacrum from warframe, but hey... in NGS, we don't even have a simple test room with RockBear anymore. of course, we have cocoons. but, let's be honest, there are no convenient ones for this test. Or, at least, I don't remember any.

@K-UwU if you're asking about whether you need to hit stun spots to cause physical downs, you can easily test it on the daityl sword in the great wall tower. if on the other hand you're saying that it's still hypothetically more damage-efficient to focus the weak spot, you're probably right, since there are no inherent damage boosts during boss downs.

Causing any kind of a down on a boss makes it so it stops attacking for a while, and exposes it's weak spot longer, think of it like a mini-DPS check that can be triggered multiple times in a battle.

i give a pass to nog marking. that boss doesnt like to stay faced any one direction. i just whack on any available part.

@starryeyedgiant pretty much the latter. I can confirm that Daityls die faster when you have ranged classes going after the cores, but can't really test if ranged attacking Nex Vera's feet really speeds up the fight compared to them breaking the tail, wings and heads.

@LazerRay most of the bosses have permanently or semi permenantly exposed weakpoints within reach of the ranged or permanently reveal a weak spot when certain parts are broken. You can permanently expose a Daityl's chest core in the time it takes to get two downs on their feet which just temporarily exposes the core.

@starryeyedgiant @LazerRay
Thanks you two. I was able to see alot of good stuns now especially on the Nogleth. I'm pretty sure most people will go for the hind legs for the first several times they fight this species is because the "front legs" don't look like legs at all and are just arms and hands to most people. Sure it walks on all fours but it doesn't change the fact that it actually punches people with actual hands instead of "paws" or "hooves" or whatever.
If people are fighting the gigantix version, I'd prefer that rangers blight the arms instead of the head. Especially now that the head weakspot doesn't show up until it's enranged.

The shockwave part is also really noticeable now that I'm aware of it and now I have a better idea on how to fight bosses. I wish there was a way to test things on all species of bosses but so far the Veteran versions of them are the best bets to try them out. However, there is no Nex Veteran so you can't see if breaking all the parts will lead to a permanently exposed weakspot and the one that shows up in the forest is almost a gamble to test it unless you're alone (with your own team) somehow when it shows up in the PSE Burst. Also there is no Veteran Nogleth either, I wonder if they might show up in the next Region then...

@Guilrel said in Boss Stunning Spots:

Also there is no Veteran Nogleth either, I wonder if they might show up in the next Region then...

There is one in South Aelio. Its spawn point is directly below the Region Mag.