How to revive the Player Market and make it so F2P's have more meseta while keeping bots out

Hefty title, I'm aware, but hear me out.

As you all know, Sega removed FUN and Player Shop passes leading up to the release of NGS, and in NGS the only way to sell things in the Personal Shop now is to buy it or Premium.

As you also might've noticed, for F2P's, minus the Weeklies and Alpha Reactors, there are no consistent ways to earn N-Meseta. Maybe grind Dailies for weeks, but that's besides the point.

Now, I'm probably not the only one to have come up with this idea, but hear me out:

Reward players who do UQ's with N-Shop Passes (N name because, everything else in NGS is like that). Don't make it a limited-time campaign, but make it a consistent thing, or at the least an additional weekly task that can be completed.

So, for every say, 5 successful UQ's completed, award an N-Shop Pass. It could even be every 10, but any more and that's outrageous and dumb.

Awarding players who successfully do a # of UQ's with N-Shop Passes does three things:

1. Incentivises the completion of UQ's outside of the loot
  2. Revitalizes and helps the Player Shop Economy
  3. Hopefully, and for the most part keeps bots from obtaining them.

The third thing may work better if the N-Shop Pass reward is an additional Weekly Mission, completable once and requires 10 UQ's.

So, there's my idea, and thanks for clicking on this post and hearing me out. Hopefully Sega sees it and something cool happens.

In before bots making parties to do the UQ ... XD I do like your idea, but i see like ...0% of possibility in being implement from SEGA POW. It will make premium even more worthless since atm it's the only real benefit of having Premium.

I support this idea, but with a slight change, the shop pass works on both sides (PSO2 and NGS), since they removed the original passes from the FUN scratches.

The basic Color Change Pass and salon passes work on both sides equally, you only need the N-Color-Change Pass for NGS specific fashion (outfits, layering wear, accessories, etc.)

@ShinoKoba I appreciate you taking a look at my idea 😆 I do agree that IF Sega were to implement my idea, it would render Premium useless, so I've come up with some additions that they could add to Premium to keep it relevant.

Firstly, bring trading to NGS. I know that it's in base PSO2, but having it in NGS would make things less of a hassle to do, which I'd imagine the player base would appreciate. Secondly, provide Premium players with additional login rewards. Nothing too substantial obviously, as to not make it unfair, but enough of an incentive. Maybe 50 SG or something. It doesn't even have to be a daily thing, it can be every couple of days or something, some additional rewards to the Premium users. Thirdly, maybe an exclusive reward for using Premium? Like a cosmetic or something that only Premium users get access too. Basically, increase the things that Premium users get/have access to that incentivizes people to actually use Premium instead of it only being the Personal Shop, more Ensembles and more SA.

@LazerRay I agree, yes! The N-Shop Pass should be usable on both NGS and the base game.

Hmmm...giving SG ...even every few days or cosmetics that only premium users get smell like p2w tho ? ^^; Balancing benefits between the two isn't easy, you are thinking as a player that wants more for free ...there is nothing wrong with it...we all do...but logically and with a Business plan they might or already have isn't feasible. The only way I see PS implemented again is in such way that won't really be easy to get unlike before ...and without hurting Premium....and I have no idea how to even think/make that possible. Then again if I was ...I would be working with them or with something similar 😄

They can start by fixing item search. :3

In all seroiusness, I don't see why it's bad for personal shops to be locked behind premium. FUN was, from a corporate point of view, a failure that encouraged people to not pay for anything and still enjoy the game. It may have expanded the playerbase, but when the advice given to any newcomer was to ignore Premium, you know there is a problem.

Because, if you look at it objectively, you're asking SEGA to help you (and countless others) avoid paying any money. Free to play is a way to attract attention and interest, but ultimately SEGA wants and needs more people to start paying, or the game will literally die.

And I think a return of the focus to paying players is the result. Without access to internal accounting, nobody can say for sure it's just greed, or whether it's because they actually found a financial need for this measure.

One thing is certain. A company like SEGA doesn't make such critical policy decisions on a whim. It will have been precisely calculated and evaluated, and the result is clear: they don't think it is a good idea to continue to give paid benefits out freely.

Believe it or not, the player market is alive and...well, sick, but still running, without f2p players selling stuff.

As to N-MST income, I would only say that we should wait a little longer. We should stop judging the 550k or so per week and think it's not enough, just because we're used to getting millions easily each week back in vanilla PSO2. Inflation was a big problem in vanilla. If anything, I hope they control the growth of wealth tightly so we aren't trading items in 10 digit amounts before the end of the year. I want them to recover more N-MST from players and keep a tight screw on the N-MST payouts from dailies and weeklies. We may not be getting 2 million a week now, but things also aren't selling for 10 million a piece either. It's the purchase power that matters, not the absolute number.

So I would say, at least give it another 5 months to see how it turns out, before yelling doom and talking about the player market as if it's dead already. It's not.

Right ...not 10 but you can see actually things that already go for 20 millions (just do a search and you'll see ). On another note, that's what I meant. They won't do the same "mistake" twice. I doubt we'll see things like FUN or basically Free PS and probably PQ as well. I bet one of the reasons that made NGS a reality is because it was too late to fix PSO2, so they made a "New" one to start from scratch and "Fix" PSO2 market/economy (both Real and In Game).

@kztm Inflation was an probably a lesser issue beforehand, but people started to abuse EX Cradle, that's where inflation increased to insane levels.

Also, "...A company like SEGA doesn't make such critical policy decisions on a whim. It will have been precisely calculated and evaluated...", might not be terribly related, but Gigas and the terrible "time-limit" (if you can even call it that) and the absolute RNG of trying to hunt them... yeah, "precisely calculated and evaluated".. Also: the renewal scratch in it's entirety......

Additionally, "....when the advice given to any newcomer was to ignore Premium, you know there is a problem.", I'm not sure about you, but I never encountered any advice of the sort.

About N-Meseta, it costs 200k alone for a single Multi-weap. Multi-weaps aren't necessary obviously, but the sheer cost of them, not to mention spending N-Meseta on upgrading units and weaps, it can rack up quickly, leaving little to no N-Meseta for cosmetics. I understand that Sega can't necessarily control how much players list cosmetics for, but they have a large degree of influence over it. With the 56k N-Meseta available daily, it takes multiple days to obtain enough to afford anything. Also, what ShinoKoba said with, "Right ...not 10 but you can see actually things that already go for 20 millions (just do a search and you'll see )."

@Skape_Gote said in How to revive the Player Market and make it so F2P's have more meseta while keeping bots out:

With the 56k N-Meseta available daily,

It is 49k from 14 alpha reactors and then 8k from dailies for 399k each week. The weeklies are another 500k. 899k each week before always available income such as Trails, kill and vendoring excess weapons/units.

About N-Meseta, it costs 200k alone for a single Multi-weap. Multi-weaps aren't necessary obviously, but the sheer cost of them, not to mention spending N-Meseta on upgrading units and weaps, it can rack up quickly, leaving little to no N-Meseta for cosmetics.

It is far more a spending problem on the player's side than an income problem. Players are rushing to max out 4* gear with inefficient meme methods such as Tzvia Armor +20 which costs nearly 500k to do rather than take their time to farm 4* fodder.

@ultimatecalibur said in How to revive the Player Market and make it so F2P's have more meseta while keeping bots out:

It is far more a spending problem on the player's side than an income problem. Players are rushing to max out 4* gear with inefficient meme methods such as Tzvia Armor +20 which costs nearly 500k to do rather than take their time to farm 4* fodder.

This. This is what's making most of the money people have right now ...and is just making the same inflation problem that afflicted PSO Base. Buying a 300k AR with just +20 and no fixa ....when you can just drop one and make the same for less than 100k, multiply that for armor and augs as well ...and you'll see. For that reason ( and a few more I didn't say here) if you add more free PS it will become even worst. Btw ....I'm not saying that having a way to get those is bad ...I would love that...but is just not realistic at the moment.

@ShinoKoba said in How to revive the Player Market and make it so F2P's have more meseta while keeping bots out:

This is what's making most of the money people have right now ...

What is "making" (as in creating) most of the money people have right now is dailies and weeklies.

The shop only re-distributes money that exists between the players and tax destroys a portion of it, leading to a net loss of currency in the system, which is why you ideally want people to trade a lot, so the tax destroys more currency. Restricting trading in some way is gonna reduce the volume of trade which is gonna reduce the volume of tax as well and thus reduces the amount of currency you delete.

If inflation is your concern, thaaat... is not a smart idea. Like, not at all.

Do you really think someone can get to 1480 BP ...or make armor/weap worth hundreds or millions (and ...I repeat a millions ) bucks with just the weekly ? Without PS is impossible and there is a more lively market than you think ...and is already eating itself.

Edit: Even if you didn't waste any meseta on other weapons/armors ...there is a limit at how much you can get ...and market is showing that there is way more than it should be, where does that come from ?

@ShinoKoba said in How to revive the Player Market and make it so F2P's have more meseta while keeping bots out:

Edit: Even if you didn't waste any meseta on other weapons/armors ...there is a limit at how much you can get ...and market is showing that there is way more than it should be, where does that come from ?

The combat zones mostly. While 10~12 meseta per normal enemy killed (with x2 and x5 multipliers for silver and gold enemies), ~120 per boss (with silver and gold multipliers), 1k~1.5k per trial and 50~60 per item vendored may seem insignificant at a glance it actually builds up to very significant amounts due to the speed of kills. Each hour with 2 or 3 PSE Bursts can net ~50k per character.

@ultimatecalibur said in How to revive the Player Market and make it so F2P's have more meseta while keeping bots out:

The combat zones mostly.

I say weeklies/daily reactors, because those are much more time efficient, so even lazier people are going to go for it.

If only, say, 10.000 people are doing their weeklies, that's 500.000 per player, which comes out at 5.000.000.000 new Meseta in the system. All for next to no effort.

Yikes? Yikes.