Glissen Series weapons might not cover every 12 weapon types

The first elemental weapon series is an exciting thing without doubt, but there's some worry about the weapon type availability of this series.

The July Updates Introduction Video shows the exchange shop of Xiandy (from 1:56 to 2:01), if we look carefully at the item list, we can see the listed items are Sword, Wire, Saber, Knuckles, Launcher, Machine Guns, Talis and Wand. The names of Partisan, Twin Daggers, Assault Rifle and Rod are missing. And from 2:10, they show each weapons in action, but again, only the same eight weapon types are displayed.

It might be possible that these missing four weapon types drop from seasonal enemies. But maybe people utilizing these four types can try to learn some alternate combinations before the event starts.

(Where's my Launcher/Assault Rifle!? 😢 )

EDIT: Additional translation nitpicking 😀

The "Introducing the Rarity 3★ Weapon Glissen Series!" section of the July updates article has a following part.

"Weapons in the Glissen series have the Lightning attribute, so if you use them to hit an enemy’s weak point, you can build up the Elemental Down Factor without having to use Techniques!"

https://ngs.pso2.com/news/updates/update20210630

This can be read as hitting a non-weak point of an enemy with Glissen won't accumulate the Elemental Down Factor.

If we check up the JP counterpart of this article,

"雷属性を持つ「グリッセン」シリーズの武器で敵の弱点を突くと、テクニック以外の手段でも属性ダウン値を蓄積させることができるぞ!"

the arguable part in bold can be translated as "exploiting enemy weakness". It's not specifically talking about the weak point part of an enemy. So it might be possible that hitting non-weak point part with Glissen will lead to an Elemental Down.

Although this is an ambiguous point, it can easily be verified once the event start. Just we need to be aware of both possibility.

@Fiona-Respha said in Glissen Series weapons might not cover every 12 weapon types:

So it might be possible that hitting non-weak point part with Glissen will lead to an Elemental Down.

Although this is an ambiguous point, it can easily be verified once the event start. Just we need to be aware of both possibility.

Techs can down an enemy regardless of what part you target. The English article about the weapons describes them as being able to down an enemy like using techs, so I assume they will work the same way.

@Xaelon said in Glissen Series weapons might not cover every 12 weapon types:

@Fiona-Respha said in Glissen Series weapons might not cover every 12 weapon types:

So it might be possible that hitting non-weak point part with Glissen will lead to an Elemental Down.

Techs can down an enemy regardless of what part you target. The English article about the weapons describes them as being able to down an enemy like using techs, so I assume they will work the same way.

Indeed, I also think that's more likely than hitting non-weak point part with Glissen is ineffective.

The eight weapons in the exchange also have an exchange limit of 1. That's pretty limiting for multi-weapon purposes, so it wouldn't surprise me if they can also drop.

@Miraglyth Unless the weapons have a much lower drop rate than existing 3* weapons, it shouldn't be too difficult to get the entire set. The tricky part will probably be finding seasonal mobs to drop the weapons.

When talking about the weakpoint they dont mean hitting especially damaging spots like the cores, but rather hitting the enemies elemental weakness. This is also how tech elemental downs work, if you cast zonde on a ice weakness doll you won't ever get an elemental down, only barta/gibarta count to it.

It's nice to see elements on weapons too, so you don't need to be a force or techter to exploit elemental downs. Downside being that lightning element is a very bad element to start with, as only the UQ bosses are weak to it atm (and maybe a gigantix or so, but who cares about those anyways.)

I wish we could add elements to weapons like base pso2 but have the element applying item obtainable as a drop rather than from scratches. Because having to build an entire weapon whenever a new elemental weapon comes out every single time will cost much more meseta in the long run.

I feel like partisans and twin daggers are especially getting the shaft here as neither of those two weapons are hardly used by their respective classes very often. With partisans and daggers only having 5 weapons in total and the other weapons (besides rifle which also has 5 weapons but is a popular weapon type) getting a sixth, seventh, and in the swords case a ninth weapon just really shows us that SEGA really doesn't care about some weapons.

@Riesz said in Glissen Series weapons might not cover every 12 weapon types:

having to build an entire weapon whenever a new elemental weapon comes out every single time will cost much more meseta in the long run.

Isn't that what we call a gameplay loop? 😛

@Miraglyth But we would still be making new weapons anyway, the issue is you would probably have to remake a completely identical weapon statwise except for its elements so you would just run out of meseta constantly to make basically the exact same weapon again. Versus making new weapons because they're stronger or have a potential (or it got a good preaffix) we want and then just putting the element on and it's done.

@Riesz said in Glissen Series weapons might not cover every 12 weapon types:

the issue is you would probably have to remake a completely identical weapon statwise except for its elements so you would just run out of meseta constantly

Would you? It costs about ½ a week of Alpha Reactor NPC sell value alone to take a 4★ weapon to +40. It's far cheaper than enhancing units.

I wonder how useful it is for Seasonal Enemies.. I'll have to take a look next week.