Thousand Rim. Old model vs New model showcase

I was interested in comparing how different they are, so I did this. There is also a demonstration of colors and ornaments. Video link

I admit I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping that one of the ornaments removes the skirt (

And... If you are a new player and you like the design but you do not plan to take a close-up selfie, then consider the possibility to buy this costume in the original PSO from NPC for... like 15k meseta or something like that.

Oh one thing about it is that when they finally add NGS outerwear you would be able to use it with the NGS Thousand Rim since it is basewear and not setwear.

@K-UwU its 1500 meseta :3

One think I would have liked them to do is fix the excessive chest area sag and make t he skirt portion an ornament to hide.

almost for free. A couple of minutes in the field and you will not have to go broke in the NGS

7E2161B9-B3A8-488F-9A4D-A17A41D333BA.jpeg

It’s a decent look, would definitely look better without the skirt. XD

I bet the guy who thought of this got a promotion at sega too.

you mean we can add a few polygons to old meseta gear and then charge them money for it? You Genius!

Pretty much. XD

If someone liked the old suits enough to rebuy them, that’s up to them. ❤

It was one of my favorite starter outfits in base with my other favorite being the other female outfit in this scratch.

@Pariah-Chan said in Thousand Rim. Old model vs New model showcase:

7E2161B9-B3A8-488F-9A4D-A17A41D333BA.jpeg

It’s a decent look, would definitely look better without the skirt. XD

Yeah, was able to fine one on the player shop for cheap(ish) (relatively speaking lol) - it is a pretty decent look - not worth a scratch ticket to get though.

alt text alt text alt text

The skirt flap is designed better and has better physics to it, but it sits like it should have been a toggled accessory to be hidden or not versus the weird "pack" on the skirt as well the arm guards. The droopy boobs are not as bad, but still noticeable.

I say to modify it to allow the skirt to be hidden as a whole versus the "packs" that rest on it. So those of us can have either battle skirt or battle body suit. As a body suit - this probably would be a hot ticket item easily as it doesn't off put player's characters. As well would mix well with Wardrat and Valk accessories as a body suit.

@Viola-Lance All of those points are my main issues with the upgraded Thousand Rim. In the end all they really did was make it so you can use finger movements and change the secondary color. They didnt even bother trying to fix the boob sag. Its really not something to expect from the type of material used for the outfit. Almost completely a copy paste job. I cant consider it better than the Viola Marill we get from the start of the game, and that one doesnt even have ornament options.

Even tho i have it, I think i will stick to the non-revival outfits if this is the level of quality we can expect from the renewals. I'll probably hold my self back from scratching on the remaining ones unless they fix this and vow to do better on the upcoming ones, which I doubt they will.

@AngryRhombus563 said in Thousand Rim. Old model vs New model showcase:

@Viola-Lance All of those points are my main issues with the upgraded Thousand Rim. In the end all they really did was make it so you can use finger movements and change the secondary color. They didnt even bother trying to fix the boob sag. Its really not something to expect from the type of material used for the outfit. Almost completely a copy paste job. I cant consider it better than the Viola Marill we get from the start of the game, and that one doesnt even have ornament options.

Even tho i have it, I think i will stick to the non-revival outfits if this is the level of quality we can expect from the renewals. I'll probably hold my self back from scratching on the remaining ones unless they fix this and vow to do better on the upcoming ones, which I doubt they will.

Yeah. Which is why I am disappointed in, but kinda glad they haven't done or at least released updated or new CAST parts yet, something tells me that they will be a glorious blunder.