RMT Spam Bots Now Spamming Area Chat

I still wished you could tip pole dancer emote users 5 meseta by clicking on them, lol.

As for what would happen if Sega disabled chat, I imagine the RMT bots would just start advertising through the in game mailbox, we get junk mail in real life, so why not in game as well(I'm actually surprised they haven't thought to do this...yet...)

When all channels of communications is cut, bots will probably stand around with their site address as character ID.

@kztm said in RMT Spam Bots Now Spamming Area Chat:

When all channels of communications is cut, bots will probably stand around with their site address as character ID.

Back in my WoW days, they liked to drop level one corpses from the sky to have them spell out the site address.

lol...I remember that ...the first few times was funny ...

LOL wowie

@AngryRhombus563 said in RMT Spam Bots Now Spamming Area Chat:

Time to Disable area chat.

-Sega

I support this.

@HippyDipps said in RMT Spam Bots Now Spamming Area Chat:

Sega usually bans the RMT bots quickly

But as you yourself pointed out, they'll be back the next day, maybe even faster. Why bother? I stopped a long time ago, before i even started PSO2, since it's an exercise in futility.

@Yggranya as someone once said, "Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?"

@Yggranya said in RMT Spam Bots Now Spamming Area Chat:

Time to Disable area chat.

-Sega

I support this.

@HippyDipps said in RMT Spam Bots Now Spamming Area Chat:

Sega usually bans the RMT bots quickly

But as you yourself pointed out, they'll be back the next day, maybe even faster. Why bother? I stopped a long time ago, before i even started PSO2, since it's an exercise in futility.

It's a never ending battle on MMO's unfortunately. Even WoW still has a few despite the tokens being in place. FF14 has that same issue as well and both are pay 2 play games.

People need to realize this isn't limited to the F2P MMO market.

@Zeke The reasons ff14 has the issue as a pay 2 play game is because it has a free month trial.

@Zeke The reasons ff14 has the issue as a pay 2 play game is because it has a free month trial.

The free trial is actually up to heavensward (lvl60) without any time limits. Not like it matters to RMT spammers.

Can we get an explanation why Global is letting RMT vendors run rampant? Failing that, can we at least get something to block them out on our side?

alt text

All these are RMT spam bots. Practically every single time I return to Central City, I see a new bot that I need to block and report.

Suggestions, seeing that Global team has failed miserably to do anything about RMT for years:

1. Please give us an option to completely block out Area Chat, including blocking messages from Area Chat popping up on screen.
  2. Please give us an one-click actioni to automate the block and report process. Don't make us select the type of report and have to type in an explanation. Just "Report Spam" option that reports the selected character as spammer and also automatically block the character.

At least give us these options. I don't care if you want to collaborate with RMT vendors under the table. I just want at least the appearance of a clean environment.

There... is a hide area chat in settings. 😕

@kztm said in RMT Spam Bots Now Spamming Area Chat:

Suggestions, seeing that Global team has failed miserably to do anything about RMT for years:

You can't fail if you refuse to even try. Like in every game, they pay lip service to the playerbase to keep them content while they do nothing.

As you said, it's worked for years. When they notice player numbers, and more importantly, sales dropping, they'll start with the good ol' damage control.

But yeah, i think i'm starting to sound like a broken record repeating this. If people refuse to stop paying companies for garbage, that's on them.