Blocks for Gigantix hunting?

So, with how random the spawns are and the tight window players have to kill these enemies, I've witnessed a lot of, well, toxicity in regards to those that aren't the required level being blamed for unsuccessful attempts. There are some players that happen to be in a zone farming materials when the weather changes, so it's a case of being on the wrong block at the wrong time as people flood that specific block to attempt to kill these enemies, or you have actual trolls that come in contributing very little who just want to, well, be trolls.

I play on Ship 3, so I don't know how it is for other Ships, but there seems to be plenty of blocks available with little traffic. Maybe converting a few, 5-10 of these blocks designated for Gigantix hunting and allowing only level 20s to enter will help funnel those who want to engage in that content into those specific blocks would be a way to help deal with the situation? It will keep the other blocks open for those who are just going about their leveling experience, locking out the low level trolls, and giving these players designated block(s) to linger in, should they so choose, to wait for weather changes.

It was already pointed out in an announcement by Sega that the Gigantix scales off of player proximity to the boss instead of player count. Anyone not in the Boss's perimeter shouldn't matter. (It was vague and no real indicator is given to what counts as the boss's perimeter, but I think a safe assumption is the music change/camera change.) Assuming this system is working as intended now, it means that any non-level 20 player attempting to fight a gigantix is knowingly and willingly sabotaging the group and now /somewhat/ deserves any treatment they get if they cannot respect the players who have hit level 20 and are attempting to take one down and leave the immediate area.

Now if there isn't a group trying to take it down and they just simply want to test themselves against something that will kill them in 1 hit that they cannot kill, then that's on them. Admittedly, i have gone looking for the Halpha Lake Gigantix a few times just to test myself. (Level 64 mob)

Edit: That isn't to say your idea is a bad suggestion. I do agree that there needs to be some way to allow for a pre-made group to have some level of control over the situation.

I had the same thought the other day. Hopefully SEGA doesn't wait until the end of the game's lifecycle to lable blocks on global again, when it doesn't matter anymore. Bringing back "Beginner" blocks as they were called on JP would maybe help preventing new players from encountering Gigantix aswell.

@FoolsArcana said in Blocks for Gigantix hunting?:

It was already pointed out in an announcement by Sega that the Gigantix scales off of player proximity to the boss instead of player count.

It scale's like crap btw, the more people will be better still.

God tier Hunter taking 12mins to solo one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTGckWCSm-w

Fighter taking 7mins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3viqkjVO6I

Some storms only last 6 mins

@HarmlessSyan Without a doubt. Someone did the math before with random numbers, but an enemy with a base health of 100k for example. a single player still has to do 100k damage as opposed to an example of 10 players, if the boss gains an additional 4k hp for each player. Thats 140k hp that is now divided by 10 players doing damage. Requiring each player to basically do 14k damage. Which a far cry better/easier to do. Lol

@FoolsArcana said in Blocks for Gigantix hunting?:

That isn't to say your idea is a bad suggestion. I do agree that there needs to be some way to allow for a pre-made group to have some level of control over the situation.

Indeed. It would be beneficial indeed to have certain blocks reserved for groups who wish to partake in the content without causing confrontational situations where people are getting upset due to lower levels taking up space in a block. I find if you ask people to leave a block so that high levels can jump in, it doesn't end well.

I also feel that it shouldn't be all that difficult to accomplish; Ship 3 certainly has plenty of blocks to spare for this sort of implementation. If base could have designated blocks, I don't see why NGS can't do the same.

@Reiven It's definitely doable. We've seen the technology in place already in jp pso2 when they had ps vita only blocks, pc only blocks and cross-play blocks.

Someone create a fancy discord for Gigantix hunting! When I played Black Desert Online we had similar things for world bosses. I don't have the time myself unfortunately :(.