Does Sega know how to count? Wrong potency on weapon

I have a TMG with four affixes that should add up to +6% range potency but it only shows +5% on the info tab. Most likely a bug from not showing the decimal, but am I getting the correct boost from my affixes? Also don't like that the Fixa Attack potency is not reflected in the info tab either. Sega really needs to add real time info page so the player knows what boosts are currently active for damage, critical rate, and critical damage. pso20210629_213309_001.jpg

pso20210629_213334_002.jpg

There was character info pages on pso2 that showed totals, NGS needs that

I'm worried I'm not getting my 1% damage lol.

You’re probably not, since it’s not enough considered listed. 😕

I was going to make a post about this myself.

On my new Gigant unit, it starts at 2%. I got it to lvl 20+ and added augments worth 1.5, 1.5 and 1% and somehow thats 3% to Sega for a total of 5%. They have these 1.5% augments but it appears they are rounding them down before putting them into the formula.

Its also possible that its just the display rounding down, because they didnt put a decimal place in the unit stat. I would like to think they didnt forget to set the variable as a float or double, because that would cause the compiler to automatically eliminate any decimal and round down xD

Remember tho, Sega thinks 2500 and 2600 are actual times....

+1

Totally agree yep this stuff totally needs improving/fixing.

1. The X.5% augment thing not adding up (is it bug, rounding, taking effect or not... we dont know). Plus we like to see our true totals.

2. Further improvements:

• Display critical rate %
  • Display critical damage %
  • Display effect of Fixa augment (either in the above or if calculated weird then separate perhaps)

@AngryRhombus563 said in Does Sega know how to count? Wrong potency on weapon:

I was going to make a post about this myself.

On my new Gigant unit, it starts at 2%. I got it to lvl 20+ and added augments worth 1.5, 1.5 and 1% and somehow thats 3% to Sega for a total of 5%. They have these 1.5% augments but it appears they are rounding them down before putting them into the formula.

Its also possible that its just the display rounding down, because they didnt put a decimal place in the unit stat. I would like to think they didnt forget to set the variable as a float or double, because that would cause the compiler to automatically eliminate any decimal and round down xD

Remember tho, Sega thinks 2500 and 2600 are actual times....

LOL yo its the new 25hr clock dont you know? I actually found that pretty funny. Was the ingame maintenance announcement or something wasnt it? The start time was fine, but the end time got carried away.

Also - yeah Im kinda assuming the stats are being applied, just not displaying correctly (but thats a huge assumption on my part so I dont feel bad).

@Doom-Smack I think its likely that they arent. Display errors aside, if the display was taking the finished equasion and displaying it, it would have at least put 1.5 and 1.5 together to make 3. But since it is not, its more likely sega has the variables set as Int rather than double or float. In programming, if you try to add an int of 1.5 to another int of 1.5 and display it, it will come out 2. You'll get no warning of such logical errors either.

They are likely integer values because PSO2 didnt have any decimal'd augments in the first place. Rookie mistakes, i tell ya.

Yeah that sounds likely in this case. They most likely just copied the code and didn't think about the added decimals.

Imagine if a lot of this was accidentally rounded to 0. XD

@Pariah-Chan I can bet you the PSO2 transfer augments that are less than 1 are rounded to 0....

Also the Mastery I augment is .5, so thats also 0.

Same here with Qual De Armor Belta=1%+NexSoul II 2%+Resola Note 1,5%+Gigas Technique I 1,5%=6% and it shows only 5%.

Hi all, this will be investigated by the team. Thank you!

Ditto, Cattelya Sword, 3 affixes and Fixa so far that should total 9.0% potentcy, but game says 4%?

Might 2 (1.5) + Forms Soul 2 (2.0) + Ael Note C (1.0) + Fixa ATK 4 (4.5) = 9.0

I'm thinking that the game is only calculating/displaying the Fixa ATK and rounding it down.

@GM-Deynger I've figured out Part of, likely, What is going on. Its more complicated than just some variables. Different calculations are being done in different areas of display/use.

On the Units themselves, they are rounding any x.5% potencies down before putting the value into the formula, which makes all those 1.5% add only 1 when displayed on the unit. But when displayed on the character screen, its actually rounding them up before putting into the formula, which is turning all 1.5's into 2's when adding them to the formula. And it only rounds to 2 if its alone 1.5 on the piece of equipment. If you have 2 1.5's it adds to 3 before going to the char screen, and rounds them all down first before adding and putting on the unit screen. as I have a piece with 2 1.5's and is adding it correctly to the char screen, but rounding down before Unit screen. I also have a unit with only 1 1.5% and its getting rounded up to 2 before going to the char screen. pso2_2021.07.02-03.56.jpg This should be 6%, but unit shows 5% while char screen shows 7% xD

Theres also some other weird things going on when equipping each unit individually.

I got one unit that should be 6.5, its being rounded to 7 as the first unit.

I got another unit thats exactly 7. Equip, now at 14.

I have 2 other units I can chose from each with different levels tho. One should be 5%... but it wants to give me 6%. The other should be 6%, but it wants to give me 7%... I also have a totally non-upgraded gigant units that should be 2%, but it wants to give me 3% according to the character screen. And now, I go to equip a weapon that should be 5.5, but it wants to give me 7. My fixa attack weapon is also not displaying the 5% when I try to equip it, but wants to give me 6 when it should be 4.5 I go ahead and equip that, now I'm at 27 with fixa attack LV weapon

This was the character screen that made me question how it was even possible, when fixa doesnt even display, Ranged attack potency was so high:

Screenshot_2073.png

All 4 peices of gear this person has equipped has Precision III, Gigas Precision II, Petta Soul II, and Ael Domina. The units are all Gigant units. This should put this individual at 36% Ranged potency and 12% Melee/Tech potency when added correctly, but we can see that just does not happen. Its clear sega math is simply, after all their magic calculations adding a total 5% onto all that guys gear, with all the 1.5's rounded up to 2 at the character screen, which would be there with or without a fixa attack L5 weapon.

It is unknown what calculation is being done when it comes to damage. Is it rounding down? is it rounding up? Is it 2500?