Friendly reminder to not support the upcoming scratch

I feel like it does need to get some bad publicity before any real change happens.... 😕

I would love to know how Japanese players feel, because we know that is the only players Sega really care about. If they aren't happy, then this game could have a rough future ahead of it.

It's hard to get a feel for the playerbase as a whole because internet forums are inevitably echo chambers. Depending on where you look, you will find a majority opinion that isn't necessarily representative of the whole, only of that specific forum.

I have seen exactly the same sentiments from JP players thinking it's garbage, it's greedy business practice, etc., and I have seen the polar opposite that basically say it's fine compared to other gacha games. Then there's a camp arguing that it's wrong in the first place to compare PSO2 to gacha games, and it goes on and on and on, just like in the EN communities.

@kztm Its usually one extreme or the other, and not always easy to tell when its just devils advocacy. I agree that its pretty crappy for base PSO2 items any new player could have accessed to become a payed item. In a scratch like these they are made to feel more like consolation prizes in the hunt for new emotes, which they undoubtedly have in a "Renewal" scratch.

When multiple different groups and forums echo the same opinions, maybe there might be some weight to the complaints...

Yes, there’s absolutely worse games out there, and a lot has failed too. I’d hate to see NGS suffer the same fate all because of some misguided pride. If things are as bad as ppl say, then expect drastic changes before the roadmap is finished.

I swear roadmaps are cursed objects, every game touting one has failed miserably. 😕

@Pariah-Chan said in Friendly reminder to not support the upcoming scratch:

I swear roadmaps are cursed objects, every game touting one has failed miserably.

Because unless they put up roadmaps containing features they have literally already finished, there's a higher chance of it causing disappointment when the times come around. If not, If its not delayed, its rushed and broken. Then you have Camp Delay and Camp just release it its ok, and if camp release it wins then we will camp omg why did you do this battling camp just release it with camp delay saying told ya so.

Since Sega makes things before hand, it’s safe to say all the things on the roadmap are completed already. So hearing about something that’s not part of that roadmap will be the deciding factor if this game even survives 2 years.

Because if there’s just as a paltry amount on next years roadmap, they’ll be no one around to discuss the shortcomings here anymore, they’ll have moved on.

@HermitST said in Friendly reminder to not support the upcoming scratch:

@Pariah-Chan I have come close to boycotting the game entirely a few times. I am hanging on by a thread at this point. The game has already become a chore. It's just the same repetitive tasks every day. It's not fun, especially material gathering. How can any developer in 2021 think that going to same spots everyday to collect materials would be an enjoyable experience?

Sega is lucky this is a niche series in the west, because if this was an EA, Activision, Bethesda or Ubisoft game, they would be getting bombarded with complaints and every gaming news site would be reporting on it.

Have you tried it with an xbox controller? The only thing I can suggest. I play on xbox and find almost everything in the game fun and I dont know why, but I do tire in other pc mmo of gathering/grind same spots after a short while. Anyway totally off topic sorry!

Yeah I saw those and was like what its the free starter outfits from the base game lol. Kinda feels like they should be free (or from npc with meseta) in NGS. I suppose it may be a nostalgia thing for some people?

@AngryRhombus563 said in Friendly reminder to not support the upcoming scratch:

@kztm Thats a first. Reduces the amount of shaft given to their JP base for already having had this scratch a few months ago, I suppose :3

Ah maybe thats something to do with it.

Okay so I've just previewed the Oracle Renew Collection, and I must say I'm quite disappointed:

alt text

From the picture we can see the decorative lines on the renewed Viola Magica [Se] is highly pixelated, while the Pritail Cerca/3 [Se] on the left has much sharper lines.

If I remember correctly, those pixelated purple lines were also that bad back in vanilla PSO2.

The Oracle Renew lacks the shine and polish that I was expecting to see, and I'm disappointed that SEGA would trash their own staple outfit like this. I guess that's why they put in more emotes and hairstyles: because they knew nobody would want these.

Quite unfortunate.

@kztm They certainly arent as detailed as Aina's wear.

I would love to know how Japanese players feel, because we know that is the only players Sega really care about. If they aren't happy, then this game could have a rough future ahead of it.

JP players meme about NGS the same way we do, they are not really a separate species. Huge complaints about Gigantix and lack of content are very common over there.

Another common complaint is lack of quarters, people really dislike that it's an open world without any sort of housing system as they feel it makes the open world feel like it has no life (which is true, there's literally a city placed in the middle of literally nothing!)

@Pariah-Chan I have come close to boycotting the game entirely a few times. I am hanging on by a thread at this point. The game has already become a chore. It's just the same repetitive tasks every day. It's not fun, especially material gathering. How can any developer in 2021 think that going to same spots everyday to collect materials would be an enjoyable experience?

Sega is lucky this is a niche series in the west, because if this was an EA, Activision, Bethesda or Ubisoft game, they would be getting bombarded with complaints and every gaming news site would be reporting on it.

If Sega's intention was to make me start playing other games I put on hold, then they are succeeding at that. To light a fire under their asses, I was quite the spender in old PSO2. But with NGS, there's no desire to buy AC, no motivation to log in beyond the free sg scratch. I'm very disappointed with how it's turned out, but the devs seem absolutely convinced this is the way to go.

So now I'm gonna eat my words from the first week.

This scratch here insulted me. Genuinely insulted.

Yes, cuz clearly starter sets would clearly be the hot button fashion. XD

4A4079FB-AD85-411D-AD08-78599E5DC685.jpeg

It honestly feels like a filler scratch, cuz it just doesn’t feel like there’s much good stuff in it. Even the featured items feel lacking. 😕

@Pariah-Chan But dat relax 1 and relax 2, the only real reason to scratch !