Is there anyway to fix NEW GENESIS Framerate ?

i did put everything on very low and caped my frames to 60 but still dropping a lot of frames and the game do look like shit

My Computer not very high end

but it can run some games i guess

Ryzen 3600

16 ram

GPU : 2060

For most games like NGS (also KurtPel & Genshin) I've set frames to 30fps. I've also set the 3D rendering to low. (it looks trashy but it's bearable) Also, I don't use the windows store version because it would drop frames badly. I remember someone said it was doing checks in the background (I dunno, someone correct me)

for comparison: I have a Ryzen 7 2700, 16 ram, Radeon RX 560

Example video: https://youtu.be/93HaQ4YWQgM

(It's a bit fuzzy because my graphics card is trash and OBS knows it. lol) However, your graphics card is a lot better than mine so you can push some features. It takes a lot of experimentation.

@Kelade said in Is there anyway to fix NEW GENESIS Framerate ?:

Also, I don't use the windows store version because it would drop frames badly. I remember someone said it was doing checks in the background (I dunno, someone correct me)

Don't know when you heard this, but this was definitely an issue with gameguard scanning things more often than necessary due to some MS Store weirdness, but far as I know it was fixed a few months after original PSO2 release and hasn't resurfaced since, so it shouldn't be an issue with the TC's framerate.

@Akonyl said in Is there anyway to fix NEW GENESIS Framerate ?:

Don't know when you heard this, but this was definitely an issue with gameguard scanning things more often than necessary due to some MS Store weirdness, but far as I know it was fixed a few months after original PSO2 release and hasn't resurfaced since, so it shouldn't be an issue with the TC's framerate.

I recently reinstalled MS store (for the rewards) and it would still do that. It wasn't as bad on base pso2 but after the NGS release it was very noticeable

@Akonyl definitely still does it. of all the global versions to choose from, the ms store version is a stuttery mess with too many frame drops and longer loading screens compared. steam and epic games are both smooth experiances.

@AngryRhombus563 said in Is there anyway to fix NEW GENESIS Framerate ?:

@Akonyl definitely still does it. of all the global versions to choose from, the ms store version is a stuttery mess with too many frame drops and longer loading screens compared. steam and epic games are both smooth experiances.

Hm, weird. I played via MS Store until a weekish ago when the XBL network went down or whatever, then swapped to steam so I could log in, and didn't have any noticeable framerate change. Though, I use tweaker, so maybe somehow my install was still "steam-esque" from installing through steam, even though I was logging on through MS Store.

@Falador-de-bosta said in Is there anyway to fix NEW GENESIS Framerate ?:

i did put everything on very low and caped my frames to 60 but still dropping a lot of frames and the game do look like shit

That's the problem my friend.

This game CAN NOT run at 60fps. The reason is some kind of very bizarre frame time manager system they have running.

So what happens? When you find 2-3 new players around, some explosion happened or you are just dashing for fun, that system fails to keep the frame time and that ends with an awful frame drop even if your PC is capable enough.

The solution? Use the GPU control panel or Afterburner to set the frame limit to 70fps (not 60fps), set the ingame option "maximum frame rate" to unlimited and that's all. The system should handle the tearing very well.

That should fix the issue.

@Ale-Cadavid said in Is there anyway to fix NEW GENESIS Framerate ?:

@Falador-de-bosta said in Is there anyway to fix NEW GENESIS Framerate ?:

That's the problem my friend.

This game CAN NOT run at 60fps. The reason is some kind of very bizarre frame time manager system they have running.

So what happens? When you find 2-3 new players around, some explosion happened or you are just dashing for fun, that system fails to keep the frame time and that ends with an awful frame drop even if your PC is capable enough.

The solution? Use the GPU control panel or Afterburner to set the frame limit to 70fps (not 60fps), set the ingame option "maximum frame rate" to unlimited and that's all. The system should handle the tearing very well.

That should fix the issue.

losing 10 to 20 frames it ill give you a big stuttering or a mini freeze

unless your playing at 200 fps or more like csgo or something

and i don't want to play in the lowest settings forever

So it looks like this is a problem to everyone not only me

Well let's hope sega fix the issue one day