PSO2 Global Textures lower quality compared to JP

@Ale-Cadavid it literally looks better when I swap to pso2, there’s an issue. 😕

DB15A606-053F-447C-9695-7C5286815147.jpeg

17339ACB-F5A2-4883-945D-91EA670F2534.jpeg

pso2_2021.06.30-05.04.png

Its likely all one would need to do is to go into PSO2 land and make sure this texture resolution option is set to highesst.

So the problem which causes this is a de-sync between both versions on the settings level?

While PSO2 finds the old config and knows, "oh Texture Level=4, it's Highest", NGS just "huh, 4? I only know 3, better set it to 0"

@AngryRhombus563 said in PSO2 Global Textures lower quality compared to JP:

pso2_2021.06.30-05.04.png

Its likely all one would need to do is to go into PSO2 land and make sure this texture resolution option is set to highesst.

No, because PSO2 graphical settings are completely separate to NGS. What you change in PSO2 in there does not apply to NGS. (it wouldn't make sense, many people can run PSO2 very well, but not NGS, so their settings must remain separate for graphics)

NGS is missing the Highest setting for textures and can never be applied in NGS Global. This is completely unrelated to PSO2 items having low-res textures.

@Matt You'd think that, but certain settings changable in PSO2 that are not present in NGS apply to NGS. One such item is the display of damage numbers for yourself and other people. You have to change that in PSO2, and it applies to NGS tho there is no option for it while on NGS.

With the texture option, while in PSO2 there are 4 levels of texture resolution. Low, Middle, High, Highest. In NGS, There is only Low, Middle, High. This is also an option that only applies after you relog, so you arent going to see it break while you fiddle with graphic options, until you restart the game and wonder wth happened.

@AngryRhombus563 Yes, I know, which is why I specified graphical settings.

I know they don't transfer over because I cannot run NGS past setting 2, but I can run PSO2 on maximum no problems, and the settings are separate for both of them.

So to clarify something said earlier in this topic: NGS has 4 / Highest on JP but not Global. Correct?

Correct.

hey, i tried messing with base pso2 texture settings and they confirmedly do not have any effect on this bug. for me, at least, it's affecting literally every single weapon camo, making some of them look far worse than they do in the base game. i'm attaching some picture evidence here just so other people can maybe confirm whether they're seeing the same issue?

these two images are from base pso2. texture settings are on high, not highest, and i've completely restarted the game since confirming those settings.

image of labrys the umbral weapon camo in base pso2 image of rethel tetoila weapon camo in base pso2

these two images are of the exact same skins in pso2: ngs, with textures on high.

image of labrys the umbral weapon camo in pso2: ngs image of rethel tetoila weapon camo in pso2: ngs

it's clear that the textures are much lower-quality in ngs than in the base game, even with texture settings identical.

@starryeyedgiant It's interesting how only some people are seeing reduced texture quality then. I havent witnessed it in my own characters appearance and older camos, but I see it a lot in other peoples appearance.

@AngryRhombus563 oh, that's interesting... are you saying that in your own game, you see normal texture quality on your weapon camos, but reduced texture quality on other people's? if so it might be tied to, say, which body model you use or something like that.

@starryeyedgiant It is always a texture on an old body phasion. certain Body paints, innerwear, and baseweare are almost always extremely pixelated. I think that one, however, is mostly related to the body desync going on. The OP however describes low textures on his own characters, which I haven't witnessed on my character. My camos are looking exactly the same as they did in PSO2 world. But, let me double check real quick.

I also have no issue going back and forth between PSO2 world and NGS world... hear a lot of people are just black screening forever.

pso20210702_000236_000.jpg pso20210702_000820_000.jpg Yea they look just as scuffed in both worlds on my screen.

Workaround is to first load up in a pso2 lobby then go to ngs via blocks, fixes the texture issue till you log out.

@MarshalTobias32 this actually worked for me, thank you!

!mage of the labrys the umbral weapon camo in pso2: ngs with better texture quality