PSO2 Global Textures lower quality compared to JP

Is anyone able to explain why Global has textures that are of significantly lower quality than the Japanese version?

I play both versions of the game and the settings between them are identical, this was also mentioned in regards to the Global variant of the Benchmark tool, the textures are not as good as JP.

I've thrown a very quick comparison together to demonstrate the difference.

My game's settings are identical between the two versions, this seems to be a Global specific issue that the texture quality just isn't as high, is there a reason for this?

It's most noticeable on text or imagery found on costumes or objects, you can tell textures are blurry and pixelated, overall not as sharp or clean as JP's.

The Salon is a good comparison as you can get the same shots between the two versions to compare.

487d0e88-a5ef-4570-93a5-75c98c670f07-texturecompare.jpg

@JoycieC Itโ€™s an actual graphics bug currently:

Cardboard box in NGS:

B4197AF8-F6A9-4ED7-AE70-869D731D293B.jpeg

Same box when you log into pso2:

3FC530C3-7379-4634-9068-9003C601D882.jpeg

Thereโ€™s so many things that are not fully loading their textures on NGS, and it shows. ๐Ÿ˜•

I only really see this when looking at other peoples characters. It likely is related to the bug desyncing their chosen appearances viewed by other people. All my characters textures appear spot on.!pso20210629_042348_001.png My Box in NGS

Iโ€™d love to hear a permanent solution for this, tired of low res camos a emotes... ๐Ÿ˜ž

Global is missing a 4th texture setting. It exists in PSO2, but not NGS. It's on the JP servers though.

Not related to the posts above about cardboard box.

@Pariah-Chan said in PSO2 Global Textures lower quality compared to JP:

Iโ€™d love to hear a permanent solution for this, tired of low res camos a emotes... ๐Ÿ˜ž

Workaround is to first load into base game then hop to NGS. It fixes the texture issue this way.

@Matt said in PSO2 Global Textures lower quality compared to JP:

Global is missing a 4th texture setting. It exists in PSO2, but not NGS. It's on the JP servers though.

Hrm yea, there are a lot of game options missing when in NGS world that can be changed in PSO2 world. Another one of those is being able to turn on/off damage other players are doing.

Perhaps people with the texture issues need just go back to old game and change a settting or two.

@MarshalTobias32

Wouldn't work for players like me. Logging into PSO2 is super crash-tastic. I can't log into it directly I have to go in through NGS and it's still crashes 80% of the time.

All the work that they put into building this bridge, it's been pretty much a disaster for me. Not to mention changing of the buttons so that b is the confirm button. Just mattingly unnecessary and ridiculous.

I think its all related spaghetti problem, the going into PSO2 fixes it because its available on the PSO2 side as you say. (Or choosing simple setting 6 every time you log in)

I did notice it in PSO2 and not in NGS. Crazy that it's on NGS in JP too. I wonder how that could've even come about.

That is because global is missing the "highest" graphics setting. If I had to guess the reason for this is on the global side they had to account for many platforms. Multiple different xbox's and series. JP has only playstation (much less variance from each addition,) and PC. Switch got split down the middle and is what the xbox version of base PSO2 got for it's update. This is why the settings are flipped and can't be changed for what button confirms and what button backs out.

It still feels like an oversight tho. ๐Ÿ˜•

@Pariah-Chan

Graphical bugs yes. Missing the highest setting no. That would be deliberate. It's possible when they've got more free time later on in NGS's life span they can do some fine tuning for platforms that can handle the higher settings (among adding other settings like FoV slider and being able to scale other player damage numbers to be smaller like you can in base pso2) but for now game looks good enough and the focus should be on fixing bugs and adding content.

It's the "Simple" Config that it's not simple at all. That choice sets so many hidden options like some texture resolutions.

Set it high or better, compare the results and see if that helped.

I got different results in performance and quality when setting the "simple" option lowest and then turn every other option on, and set it high (or better) and turn everything on.

I think they are not entirely exclusive.

Oh i see that box emote. I do not think they are going to release better textures for old cosmetics.

In that case, that's not a bug. It's just a low resolution texture for an old model.