nProtect Error Codes Windows 11 DEV Build

Update: 06/30/2021 nProtect still gives error NP0. Please note: This is OS just been released and is expected not to work correctly. I took one for the team so that you don't have to.

Error codes: NP1002 (rare) NP0 (Common)

Steps to Reproduce:

• Install Windows 11 Preview build via windows insider

• Dev Channel
  • Run PSO2

• Game will run but nProtect will stop the game.

Other steps I did to see if this fixed the problem.

• Delete files in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_NA_STEAM\pso2_bin\GameGuard -Error NP0 still appears.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1aSUtWHxXg

Let's make this into a mega thread for this error that involves nProtect and windows 11?

I'm having the same issue here, just I haven't seen NP1002 yet.

Hopefully more people will jump in and bring attention to the fact that simply updating Operating Systems is enough to make anti-cheat systems completely crap the bed

dev builds have the kernel access blocked so apps like Game Guard that require kernel access to run ends up being blocked and that's why you get NP0 and unfortunately there's nothing that can be done because dev builds are made this way for being unstable so if you want to run PSO2 you gonna need to use a different build and in Windows 11 that only gonna happen when is officially released.

Frankly, no one should be running Windows development builds on a PC that is intended to be used in any serious way to do anything. It would be beyond optimistic to expect that nProtect GG would work on an operating system that hasn't even been officially released yet.

People should not be on the Dev channel in the first place.

Same issue in here! We just need to wait nProtect Game Guard update.

same issue here

fix this please

@noizer_Park said in nProtect Error Codes Windows 11 DEV Build:

not gonna happen, Dev builds are not official builds so applications are not updated unless is for a official build, also as I stated Dev builds have the kernel access restricted and Game Guard requires Kernel access level in order to work.

This shouldn't be the issue with the normal, insider branch version, updated using built-in windows updater. People using fresh updates or people working in tech related fields/open source contributors which might need to use windows 11 shouldn't be blocked from playing due to incompetent anticheat.

@Jamesmor said in nProtect Error Codes Windows 11 DEV Build:

@noizer_Park said in nProtect Error Codes Windows 11 DEV Build:

not gonna happen, Dev builds are not official builds so applications are not updated unless is for a official build, also as I stated Dev builds have the kernel access restricted and Game Guard requires Kernel access level in order to work.

Dev builds are official, that's why they're officially released by Microsoft through the insiders programme for developers. It'd be one thing if they blocked the leaked build of Windows 11, but this is an official build. And as for your comment about how the Dev channels "have kernel access blocked," other kernel level anti-cheat systems function perfectly fine on the developer release of Windows 11. Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Apex Legends, and other Easy Anti-Cheat games (as an example) work flawlessly under the Windows 11 developer release. This issue is something that needs to be, and in the case of other anti-cheats already has been, fixed.

Feeling the NP0 blues as well, but this should not be an issue as ATTLAS said many other ani cheat systems are working fine this is an Nprotect issue nothing more... nothing less. Update coming soon one would assume.

I think this is a mix of both honestly... Even though the dev build is "public", it still restrict access to the Kernel in some capacity, that is done I believe so people with malicious intent are not able to easily study the new kernel and make malwares for it when the OS launches.

it is also a problem with Game Guard itself since other anti-cheats such as EAC and Battle Eye are working just fine on Windows 11.

But anyways, we'll see how it'll go once the OS actually releases officially. SEGA is definitely not gonna let PSO2 rot in this state if Game Guard ends up not being cooperative... Worst case scenario, SEGA will go out of their way to implement another anti-cheat like EAC or Battle eye if they really need to.

I have same issue here,Is anyone here know how to fix it ?

@Shizuku-1 there's no way to fix it, dev builds aren't supported and even Microsoft recommends to not use these builds for normal stuff like playing games, you gonna need to wait to when Windows 11 is officially released and that means when the first commercial version is released.