A question about MainClass/SubClass, MultiMainWeapon/MultiSubweapon!

According to a previous post: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/12223/can-we-remove-the-10-damage-bonus-to-using-main-class-weapons-in-ngs-just-makes-multiweapons-worse-for-no-reason

The post say: 10% damage bonus to using "main class weapons" !

My question:

1. How to confirm from the official? The post is probably not rigorous.

2. If my Class is Force/Hunter, my MultiWeapon is Rod/Wand, the Wand will have 10% damage bonus? (this Wand also is a Rod, I haven't a Techter in my class)

3. If my Class is Force/Hunter, my MultiWeapon is Wand/Rod(just reverse from Rod/Wand), the Wand will have 10% damage bonus?

4. If my Class is Ranger/Hunter, my MultiWeapon is Rifle/Launcher(both are Ranger weapon), Launcher also have 10% damage bonus?(Launcher is a SubWeapon MultiSubWeapon!)

@hilobeker said in A question about MainClass/SubClass, MultiMainWeapon/MultiSubweapon!:

According to a previous post: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/12223/can-we-remove-the-10-damage-bonus-to-using-main-class-weapons-in-ngs-just-makes-multiweapons-worse-for-no-reason

The post say: 10% damage bonus to using "main class weapons" !

My question:

1. How to confirm from the official? The post is probably not rigorous.

2. If my Class is Force/Hunter, my MultiWeapon is Rod/Wand, the Wand will have 10% damage bonus? (this Wand also is a Rod, I have't a Techter in my class)

3. If my Class is Force/Hunter, my MultiWeapon is Wand/Rod(just reverce from Rod/Wand), the Wand will haven't 10% damage bonus?

4. If my Class is Ranger/Hunter, my MultiWeapon is Rifle/Lancher(both are Ranger weapon), Lancher also have 10% damage bonus?(Lancher is a SubWeapon!)

1. Not sure on the source of this.
  2. Anything you are doing with the Rod Receives MCB. (Rod physically in your characters hand.) Wand does not benefit from the bonus while equipped(Physically in your characters hand.) Wand is not a Force main weapon.
  3. Same as 2.
  4. Rifle and Launcher will benefit from MCB.

When people refer to sub weapon. They /mostly/ are referring to weapons you are enabled to use by having your subclass set to a class that can use that weapon. E.G.: In the case of 2, 3 and 4. Your sub weapon would be assumed to be Sword, Partisan or Wired lance.

@hilobeker RE: #1, this video by Krono convinced me, but I don't know of an official announcement.

@Rang-Dipkin said in A question about MainClass/SubClass, MultiMainWeapon/MultiSubweapon!:

RE: #1, this video by Krono convinced me, but I don't know of an official announcement.

It's worth noting a comment builds on the video by clarifying that techniques do get the MCB (I like that acronym) as well:

I've tested Techniques with a Wand/Rod on Bujin crits with an 18/18 FoTe, and an uncharged Barta does 169 when the wand form is active, and 186 when the rod form of the multiweapon is active. The weapon changes forms by using standard attacks/weapon actions, and while this is a lot more insidious than weapon PAs since the techs come from the tech list rather than the weapon, the 10% buff to mainclass weapon still exists for techs.

While I think the MCB is good (other comments point out the fake-main Techter issue that'd exist otherwise) the game should probably auto-switch multi-weapons to the form that gives MCB automatically when casting techniques instead of needing to spend time manually switching.

@Theuberclips would love some verification on all this! ❤

@Miraglyth said in A question about MainClass/SubClass, MultiMainWeapon/MultiSubweapon!:

@Rang-Dipkin said in A question about MainClass/SubClass, MultiMainWeapon/MultiSubweapon!:

RE: #1, this video by Krono convinced me, but I don't know of an official announcement.

It's worth noting a comment builds on the video by clarifying that techniques do get the MCB (I like that acronym) as well:

I've tested Techniques with a Wand/Rod on Bujin crits with an 18/18 FoTe, and an uncharged Barta does 169 when the wand form is active, and 186 when the rod form of the multiweapon is active. The weapon changes forms by using standard attacks/weapon actions, and while this is a lot more insidious than weapon PAs since the techs come from the tech list rather than the weapon, the 10% buff to mainclass weapon still exists for techs.

While I think the MCB is good (other comments point out the fake-main Techter issue that'd exist otherwise) the game should probably auto-switch multi-weapons to the form that gives MCB automatically when casting techniques instead of needing to spend time manually switching.

I can also verify that as a Te/Fo, my Talis casted Techs (No bloom), on average, do an additional 20-40 damage compared to my Rod casted Techs. When I was doing damage in the 160/180 range, I also observed that same difference.

i observered pretty early on that when i made a rod/rifle multi weapon, if i did not have FO as either MC or SC i couldnt use the tecs on said weapon, even when having TE as main or sub, so i assumed that tecs on a weapon was treated like PA's or a bug.

@Kupo-0 Oh yeah techs are bound to the weapons in this game, not just the classes, in base pso2 you could cast the techs on any weapon if any of your classes used techs, even if it wasn't a tech weapon. But here you must use a weapon belonging to that particular tech class to cast techs from it. (Forces can cast them with either Talises or Rods, while Techter is Talises or Wands)