Is there away to still go back to the original PSO2 game

I wanted to reach out to their support to see if I could get an answer but getting ahold of the support just send me to a never ending loop of "Login logout login logout". I never got the chance to finish the original story line and would like to see if there is any way I can revisit it.

You have to start the NGS story. You should be able to transfer to pso2(using the ryuker device) when you get to Central city.

Yeah unfortunately you have to do the prologue and a couple tutorials after it to switch to base PSO2. After that the other characters can skip the prologue, but they still have to do those tutorials to go back to base pso2. And to expand on the other reply, you have to specifically get to the quest in the tutorial where you use the Ryuker devices before you can do that.

I don't know why they did it this way, it makes it inconvenient to people who still wanted to play base pso2. I wish it even let you choose which game to play in the launcher instead of starting in NGS too.

@Riesz Once you activate the ability to switch between the two sides, you can login on which ever one you want.

@Kelade said in Is there away to still go back to the original PSO2 game:

You have to start the NGS story. You should be able to transfer to pso2(using the ryuker device) when you get to Central city.

I believe you need to complete the first cocoon and continue the breadcrumb Main tasks to unlock the ability to use Ryuker devices first too, at least on the first character. After that every other character can skip the NGS tutorial, log out of NGS, and log in directly into PSO2.

@Miraglyth Every character after your first (who clears the Prologue) will get the option to skip right to the first Cocoon. You have to clear that first Cocoon and then get the quest to the Ryuker Device before you can return to Phantasy Star Online 2 as that character.

@VanillaLucia said in Is there away to still go back to the original PSO2 game:

You have to clear that first Cocoon and then get the quest to the Ryuker Device before you can return to Phantasy Star Online 2 as that character.

I didn't. Just selecting to skip the tutorial and immediately logging out was enough for that character to log in directly to PSO2.

Once you skip the prologue/tutorial, you get the option of logging on PSO2 on the character selection.

@Miraglyth Ah, I just checked it on another character of mine and realized that option was there after skipping the tutorial. I don't know if something had changed or if I just should've logged out right afterwards as I had the impression you just needed to see the Ryuker Device in-game after that prompt to find one.

@VanillaLucia said in Is there away to still go back to the original PSO2 game:

I don't know if something had changed or if I just should've logged out right afterwards as I had the impression you just needed to see the Ryuker Device in-game after that prompt to find one.

Yeah I don't think it's explained anywhere.

Yeah, they should have made that a bit more clear. If you are already loaded into the game, after the first device you find, you unlock the block changing option, among others, which allows you to swap between games, without going back to the main menu, but it's a bit buggy, and sometimes results in a disconnect. So the main menu option is always better. At least until they fix that.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Is there away to still go back to the original PSO2 game:

Yeah, they should have made that a bit more clear. If you are already loaded into the game, after the first device you find, you unlock the block changing option, among others, which allows you to swap between games, without going back to the main menu, but it's a bit buggy, and sometimes results in a disconnect. So the main menu option is always better. At least until they fix that.

fwiw, I've disconnected before on the main menu option too, though it seems to give me better chances than a NGS->PSO2 block transfer.

@Akonyl said in Is there away to still go back to the original PSO2 game:

@Anarchy-Marine said in Is there away to still go back to the original PSO2 game:

fwiw, I've disconnected before on the main menu option too, though it seems to give me better chances than a NGS->PSO2 block transfer.

Might be a bug, this is after all, unsailed waters, and tgis is the first time I've heard of a game having such a feature, which is pretty cool in and of itself.