Toning down story mode for alt/2nd+ characters

With the daily/weekly being account based rather than character based, I don't know why story progression is not account based. You need to go through the story to unlock additional zone/region so it can't really be skipped.

There are roadblocks in the main story that deals with weapon enhancement etc, the one that cost a bit is making a multi-weapon. It is 50k to make 1 star multi-weapon and 100k for 2*, 150k for 3*, 200k for 4* - costing quite a bit and it is probably weapons that you won't be using later on. Just presenting a multi-weapon is not enough, the quest actually requires you to make a new multi-weapon each time you get to that point. Because weeklies are account based, I actually had to get N-meseta from my main because my alt could not afford this step.

Please consider toning down the main story line cost if you aren't going to make story progression account based.

Since there is no way to play the Story again aside from using a new character (unless I am missing something), I personally wouldn't want them to make story progress account bound, but it would be great if those tutorial/gated Tasks were (ie. any forced Task that doesn't have a cutscene), so that you could just start playing on an alt without restrictions and then get to the Story whenever you want on them.

It doesn't make sense anyway. They should at least swap the potential unlocking side quest and multi-weapon story quest.

@AndrlCh said in Toning down story mode for alt/2nd+ characters:

Since there is no way to play the Story again aside from using a new character (unless I am missing something), I personally wouldn't want them to make story progress account bound, but it would be great if those tutorial/gated Tasks were (ie. any forced Task that doesn't have a cutscene), so that you could just start playing on an alt without restrictions and then get to the Story whenever you want on them.

I mean they could give an option to skip all of the story you saw already on the other characters at least (as in it asks you every time), or heck they could do the story system from base pso2 again (a menu you can open to replay story content if you want to), since it doesn't make a difference anyway.

It's not like the story quest system in NGS is a fluid thing anyway, starting the quests happens pretty much the same way they currently do in base pso2, not like the original system pso2 had where you triggered the story events when doing certain things, or going to certain areas in exploration zones.

Or they could treat just the tutorial stuff as already cleared and give you access to everything immediately, but still let you go through the actual story parts with Aina and Manon the same.