I miss my Mag!

To me it made to the game unique. Feeding your Mag is a staple to PSO. There something you just do change and your personal Mag is one of them. It the game, it add to the role playing environment. I would think Sega would capitalize on this unique aspect. The way PSO did it back in the day is that you would find your special Mag out on the battle field. Some were rare and unique and depending on what you feed it how it would evolve.

Maybe it in the plans as we move forward......well I pray that it is personally.

It's already been stated in various places that Mags in NGS will only be cosmetic in NGS. You'll have to make due with being able to change forms via mag devices once the august update came out.

If they were going to bring the 'feeding' system back I'd want them to make some meaningful changes from how it worked in PSO2. In that game you maxed out the stat for whatever attack type you needed and that was it. They were a unique system that ended up being very underutilized. I believe part of the problem is that mags in PSO2 were sold for AC, rather than just being drops like they were in PSO. If they were to bring mag feeding back in NGS, I would prefer that it influenced cosmetic changes only, that way I don't have to worry about what stats my mag gives me.

I can't really comment on how it worked in PSO though. It's been so long since I've played that game that I don't remember much about how mags worked. I remember raising a second mag for a specific photon blast but that's about it.

I wish you could feed your mag even if it wasn't for stat purposes. Maybe just feed it to make it happy so it periodically helps you in battle like it used to.

I miss making it invisible.

@Xaelon said in I miss my Mag!:

I can't really comment on how it worked in PSO though. It's been so long since I've played that game that I don't remember much about how mags worked. I remember raising a second mag for a specific photon blast but that's about it.

In PSO, you start with a mag and you can find them from boxes. This was the main way of acquiring new mags that weren't rare ones. They added bonus to each of the stats and change form based on a combination of 2 or 3, or the highest stat.

Earlier forms were highest stat based. The PB they obtained too btw. The special mag based on your class and colour region you char was assigned to was dependent on a certain stat balance (like str+dex=Def+mnd something like that).

Also a very big use of mags in PSO was hitting equip stat benchmarks. Their stat supplements accounted for you chars base stat for meeting the requirements. Loot a nice gun, but can't equip it yet? Equip a dex mag adding like 50 ATA to you char and maybe you can.

I could see a uses outside of stats improvements with the Mag to make it more immersive.

Feed it would increase its scanning abilities to fine rare metal, hidden walls and treasures!

@RainGnyu said in I miss my Mag!:

I could see a uses outside of stats improvements with the Mag to make it more immersive.

Feed it would increase its scanning abilities to fine rare metal, hidden walls and treasures!

Honestly I think they'll do something like this in the future

I miss the invisible mag, the new one gets in the way of every pic. XD

34C30B27-99FA-4C9E-99D4-9072A343E1A1.jpeg

Luckily we’ll have our old mag back soon enough. 😉

FB3A554E-1DF2-4D4E-8942-F5BC047D3F86.png

I would enjoy playing the game with you.........I am on ship one! Ginyu StarFighter is the Guild I am in.

We can love to disagree and play the game! Let have fun!

I am not used to having a mag as I played a summoner in base and pets always hide the mag.

I've suggested this in the past and still think it'd be the best thing. I don't want to rely on maps to find Alpha Reactors, I want to run around and let the in-game mag sonar do its thing.

@Miraglyth said in I miss my Mag!:

I've suggested this in the past and still think it'd be the best thing. I won't want to rely on maps to find Alpha Reactors, I want to run around and let the in-game mag sonar do its thing.

I love your idea as long as the Mag evolve to show it evolution as we feed it to improve its scanning abilities in certain way and its evolution is reflected in that way in what we feed it.

It like a cat or dog......feed it. That take care feel good feeling in the game.