Field bosses really should give more exp.

I know this is affected by the dumb leveling gimmick where being a higher level than enemies gives you reduced exp, and that is also a mechanic that should be done away with; Nobody liked it in pso2 base, everyone was happy when it was removed, and it's equally as annoying here. But that's a topic for a different day.

I'm embarrassed to say it took me til lv 18 on my 5th class to notice, but bosses need to give more exp. I was grinding resol forest, killed random spawn nex, and saw that the exp it gave me was in the low 1000s (didn't see exactly) so I started comparing some of the enemies.

Pettax gun gives 447 exp

Elemental lizard gives 149 exp

Pettas sword gives 286 exp

Silver Nex aelio and silver daityl axe only give 1789.

It's absolutely insane how using a few well placed AoE attacks in a group of weak enemies gives more exp than playing out a whole boss battle. And just to clarify; I'm not asking to nerf the exp given by small enemies, the grind is frankly a bit much in the sense that we're technically in the early game.

I will agreed with you if field bosses didn't appear so frequently in the game, if they were more rare like Gigantix are then sure they need to give more exp but is not the case.

@Jamesmor said in Field bosses really should give more exp.:

I will agreed with you if field bosses didn't appear so frequently in the game, if they were more rare like Gigantix are then sure they need to give more exp but is not the case.

The frequency isn't the issue, the issue is time vs exp gained. It takes a whole 1 PA to kill an elemental lizard, while it takes a few minutes to kill a field boss. Note; I'm talking about big bosses like Daityls and Nex, small bosses with the triangle icon give even less exp. As it stands, if you're looking to level up it's more efficient to ignore bosses and just continue killing small mobs since you can gain way more exp in a few shorter amount of time.

But honestly, if this was sega's intention, it may not be all bad. We now know that bosses scale in real time based on player proximity, so ignoring a boss and leaving others to kill it won't negatively impact anyone who kills the boss, and at the same time you can still go after the exp. It could be seen as a tradeoff since you're choosing to ignore the souls and higher drop rate of the boss.

@Flowen231 said in Field bosses really should give more exp.:

The frequency isn't the issue, the issue is time vs exp gained.

no frequency IS the issue, if a boss give 10k exp and you face him every 5 minutes like is now then there's not gonna be effort to level your classes, the reason that they gave low exp is exactly to compensate of frequently they appear but if you don't care about bosses then go ahead and continue mobbing if you are too far away you won't gain exp and loot anyway.

there's not gonna be effort to level your classes

There's no effort regardless, only grinding the same thing for a longer time versus a shorter time.

@Flowen231 said in Field bosses really should give more exp.:

The frequency isn't the issue, the issue is time vs exp gained.

no frequency IS the issue, if a boss give 10k exp and you face him every 5 minutes like is now then there's not gonna be effort to level your classes, the reason that they gave low exp is exactly to compensate of frequently they appear but if you don't care about bosses then go ahead and continue mobbing if you are too far away you won't gain exp and loot anyway.

Actually, I went about testing it last night, and it worked like a charm. I came into this thinking "why bother fighting bosses if you get more exp elsewhere in the same time it takes to kill the boss?" But ignoring bosses did exactly that.

I started off at lv 18, just about to level up, and ended up getting halfway done through lv 19 in under 40 min, no premium, no boosters. So yeah, imo this is a non issue, ignore boss if you want exp, fight boss if you want drops/caps.