Implement an action cancellation and attack recovery PLEASE!!!

So I have recently found a way to evade an attack while healing. The unfortunate part is that it has to be well timed which can be tricky with different bosses. When they use an attack or special attack, you have to heal yourself to the point where it shows how much you heal for. Their attack ends up missing and you wont have to dodge any attacks, unless its consecutive, in that case dodge after healing. I don't know if that's understandable, but You can try it out yourself. The best place I'd say is the Abandoned Mine Expedition. When the Bryu Ringahda uses its Whirlwind move across the entire field and your stuck far away or can't make it through the center to evade, make sure your at the center of it's attack. Use a heal at the right time and the attack will get cancelled at the end of the healing animation when it shows how much you heal for. Iv'e done this 3 times on Super Hard and it allowed me to get out of a KO situation. Iv'e also done this with the Chrome Dragon and others.

I haven't been able to recover from the ground, only from the air. If there is a trick for that, please let me know.

@Mentalmistake said in Implement an action cancellation and attack recovery PLEASE!!!:

I haven't been able to recover from the ground, only from the air. If there is a trick for that, please let me know.

It's just a timing thing; you have to hit the button just before your body hits the ground.

Also, as far as Ive been able to tell, most dodge, block and parry weapon actions will cancel out of most animations. Obviously though, there are some Techs, PAs and items (without the proper skills/ rings) that lock you into at least a portion of the animation. As other posters have mentioned, it's mostly just a tinkering thing that you learn as you play different classes and weapons.

As far as the getting up from the ground thing, you could think of it like a penalty for missing the timing for the recovery. Makes sense, considering most of the game highly emphasizes the whole timing aspect.

@Caeles-Messorem said in Implement an action cancellation and attack recovery PLEASE!!!:

As far as the getting up from the ground thing, you could think of it like a penalty for missing the timing for the recovery. Makes sense, considering most of the game highly emphasizes the whole timing aspect.

For whatever reason, recovery doesn't work always despite it not having a limit to how many times it can be done in a row, and despite you using the same exact timing. Once I did recovery three times in a row, but the fourth time it didn't work. Another time, different boss, I could only pull it off twice in a row.

Maybe it has to do with the strength of the knock-down effect as well? Like a Garongo roll versus the launch from Chrome Dragon's roar? I honestly never thought to test that stuff on the JP server or the NA...

@Reilet said in Implement an action cancellation and attack recovery PLEASE!!!:

Also, welcome to a game where free actions don't exist.

Transformation, as usual, is a free action (though the selection of which to use isn't). I don't think those are in NA yet but summoning Photon Blasts work similarly, just don't give as many free actions as they used to in PSO, the summon is the free action but once they're let loose,you're vulnerable again.

By the way @Mentalmistake you can move while charging a tech (but only with a passive skill on the tree (I forget which class) can you keep the charge while dodging, also when Phantoms are added, they have a starter passive that makes them invulnerable while charging techs when wielding rods)), so charging a Resta while moving out of the way and dodging to each side within the AoE is a way how one can dodge and heal at the same time if you sub a class that can use techs or play Hero or Phantom when they're released (ETs can't use techs even though they have wands).