Ranger, Tips & Tricks.

Hello! I'm going to be playing a CAst Ranger. Does anyone or would anyone like to give some helpful tips and tricks for Ranger class? Weapons, MAG builds, viable subclasses etc. Thank you!

Viable Subclasses: Hu or Et (Et not in beta atm) Viable weapons: Both rifles and Launchers have their strengths and weaknesses. A professional Ranger knows when to use which. Mag build: Focus purely on Rng Power. if your dex becomes too high feed it Dimate Skills: Weak Bullet is your bread and butter. Avoid "First Hit" as party members can screw you over with this one.

Summoner is a viable sub option which gives you shifta, anti, resta, passive hp regen, and a separate stacking damage ability to pair with Weak Bullet. Also, the best item for lowering dex on a R-Atk mag is Mushroom Tables which can be purchased from the furniture shop for just 400 meseta each.

@Aperture-Mage

Hunter is the best all around subclass for Ranger thanks to its defensive capabilities (something ranger lacks all together) and fury stance (a huge boost to just about all the damage a Ranger will do).

ra/hunter for super armor activation skills, hunter also has a skill that prevents death if it activates and it also has a skill that heals you up if you take more than half of your hp in damage timed attacks also do more damage, If you miss a timed attack you do lose a damage buildup bonus.

ranger/phantom kinda works if you want extra photon points along with rapid casting techniques like the healing and cure technique, attack photon recovery becomes ridiculous if you have either a launcher or a spread needle. You are squishier with no halfline automate or hunters anti ohko skill. You can actually go in battle without carrying monomates if your healing technique is maxed out. Also with the right amount of photon points you can end up reaching about more crit rate than with the other subclasses. But still the amount of damage you can get with this subclass is nominal but it could be better, you still don't suffer as much as you would if you miss a timed attack.

ranger/summoner is strictly for bossing, back in the japanese game, the added defense from the class combination allows ranger to have more staying power point assist also boosts status damage from burn/poison and techniques, non timed attacks, but using it correctly requires a bit of micromanagement. multi target damage does suffer if you choose this class combination. investing in the right skill allows you to gain super armor while using a healing drink with the summoner class, but you also have access to techniques but cast them way slower than a ranger with phantom as a subclass.

Etoille gives added damage to attacks if you time them correctly, it also has ungodly defense which makes it so you don't easily get taken out. You're at the mercy of using monomates at your own discretion with that subclass.

Thanks everyone, and a couple questions. Is Weak bullet a disc you have to find or something I pick up in the Skill Tree? And second, I watched a few videos of Pso2 about rangers and they always used a spread/shotgun and say it's really good for light mobs. But I only had Gunblades, Rifles and Launcher.

@Aperture-Mage the weak bullet is something you get from your skill tree. In NA it's called Blight Rounds.

The launcher is what you use for light mobs as a Ranger, the shotgun/spread are special types of launchers that very rarely drop from specific bosses. They add more shots and allow for much faster pp regeneration onto of more aoe and damage.

@Azuraerun okay! Thank you. I saw Blight Rounds, and they worked just like weak bullet. I just thought maybe it was a weaker ability than weak bullet so I didn't wanna level it just in case. Now I know though, thanks a bunch!

You'll want to use the TPS/OTS camera mode, for Launcher especially. Rifle you may or may not be fine with the lock on system, though personally I find it gets in the way more often than not. But for Launcher, the majority of your attacks should be aimed in the middle of a group of mobs, NOT directly at a mob, which the regular camera will make you do every single time.