Can nudity be added to the game?

I'd personally love to see this added to the game, but sadly know it never will happen. I have 2 looks set up to give a partial nude like look in the game. 1 for old body using spheres for the top part and a couple of the lodia berets for the bottom part. The other uses the new Merres Fidde basewear I have it recolored to my skin color to give it a kind of see through look.

Honestly, would settle for just the option to take off Basewear. PSO2 with a T-rating yet there are players going around with scandalous attire that it makes me wonder why PSO2 hasn't ripped the band-aid off yet... quite literally, there's inner-wear that's nothing but band-aids.

So what's the point of making Basewear unremovable if you can't view innerwear or that other players go around 15% covered?

I doubt we'd ever see an option to remove basewear, but something along the lines of an invisible basewear they can sell in scratch or sell as an expensive ac scratch bonus seems a little more likely. I doubt it'll happen though unless they are in some serious need of money for whatever reason. They'll likely hold onto this as a last resort way to milk their players if the game starts failing hard. If they ever do make something like this I could see the prices of innerwear going up on the market as a result.

@Codesterz In JP there is something called Smart Inner Wear which just covers things like the nipples and crotch in the most minimal way possible, essentially acting as an invisible innerwear. Weirdly enough, there is another Innerwear that can be used in a similar manner that I believe is in Global, but I think it is from one of the SG Scratches.

@Archetype-Luna I'm aware of the smart inner but I'm not really sure what you're trying to bring up by mentioning it? If you're trying to say inner prices won't go up because it exists I don't think that's true because as far as I'm aware smart inner doesn't exist for NGS bodies and I don't think sega will be releasing anything else for old bodies.

@Codesterz Just pointing out the weirdness in Sega, in how there is an inner as revealing as the smart inner yet Sega won't release smart inner. I am not looking at in game prices at all. I am bringing up the possibility of Sega holding back Smart Inner for money reasons since it may hold back sales of the more revealing inner wear and that you are probably on something when you mention a monetary reason for Sega holding it back.

I'm pretty sure its just straight up censorship. As for the specific reason for the censorship we can only throw guesses. Maybe someone at microsoft doesn't want it on global for the obvious reasons or maybe someone at sega doesn't want it for the obvious reasons. What is clear is whoever made the decision is fairly high up in the chain of command and they aren't part of the JP team for sega. Pretty sure that should be enough to narrow the culprit down to a single digit number of names. Find those name and see if there is any info on them and it shouldn't be to hard to figure out which one is the carebear.

EDIT: Figure I should mention I'm not trying to promote a some sorta witch hunt. I'm just saying this wasn't a decision made for or against the company it was clearly made by an individual who dislikes sexuality in media and if you find that person you can get your answers directly. Shouldn't be to hard to be honest this would be one of those pronoun type people who definitely uses twitter.

@Archetype-Luna said in Can nudity be added to the game?:

@Codesterz In JP there is something called Smart Inner Wear which just covers things like the nipples and crotch in the most minimal way possible, essentially acting as an invisible innerwear. Weirdly enough, there is another Innerwear that can be used in a similar manner that I believe is in Global, but I think it is from one of the SG Scratches.

Here’s Florezon [In] from the Heroines scratch:

E6CFB833-6C6A-4ED1-88A8-E61B32F53871.jpeg

03DEFC2E-BBF4-409F-8D90-088FD6DA4BCB.jpeg

Here’s Silence Lied [In] from the SG scratch:

88A44706-818E-4B07-B020-C71D327358D7.jpeg

0A6C1F10-5025-4319-9349-ED791578EBAD.jpeg

@Pariah-Chan Yup I got the white one though I don't use it much. When I use the Harriet Battlewear: Sakura base I prefer to use the avent lace inner. My character is much more top heavy which makes Florezon's nip covers kinda big in comparison to avent lace. As for the old body PSO2 nude look I have set up its on a skimpy basewear that doesn't show inners.

They could at least give us the smart innerwear and also an N-smart innerwear so we could at least not have it show through.

you may as well ask for an outer, base , and inner wear set that's in keeping with the story of the emperor's new clothes

Never thought about that. Not a bad idea.

@Mystic-Monkey said in Can nudity be added to the game?:

Honestly, would settle for just the option to take off Basewear. PSO2 with a T-rating

Nope, it's M. The T rating was just a placeholder.

Screenshot 2021-07-14 211944.png

@TURION-MOONSTAR said in Can nudity be added to the game?:

you may as well ask for an outer, base , and inner wear set that's in keeping with the story of the emperor's new clothes

That doesn't sound familiar at all

@Mattwo7 the emperor's new clothes is a story about an emperor who is tricked by a pair of swindlers posing as tailors, they pretend to make him a new set of clothes and tell him that the material is so fine that only the wise can see it but to a fool it's invisible and nobody wants to admit that there's nothing there and when the emperor goes through town in his new clothes a little boy points out that the emperor is naked

The only difference here is that it will be visible to people with nudity toggled off and would be real.