Should they delay Braver and Bouncer to work on and speed up major content and add more of a gameplay loop?

Now this is under the assumption that Braver and Bouncer are still being actively worked on and developed, consuming Sega's limited resources. If they are already done well there's no point to this post and Sega should just release them according to their schedule.

But should the winter content be focused on and released ahead of time, along with Triggers and Defense Missions and then Braver and Bouncer? It just seems, a little backwards?, to release 2 classes before major content. Especially when looking at the current gameplay loop of NGS

Should they focus on content in the current state? - Yes

Are they going to do it? - No

@BrokeSadMillennial said in Should they delay Braver and Bouncer to work on and speed up major content and add more of a gameplay loop?:

Now this is under the assumption that Braver and Bouncer are still being actively worked on and developed, consuming Sega's limited resources. If they are already done well there's no point to this post and Sega should just release them according to their schedule.

But should the winter content be focused on and released ahead of time, along with Triggers and Defense Missions and then Braver and Bouncer? It just seems, a little backwards?, to release 2 classes before major content. Especially when looking at the current gameplay loop of NGS

No.

You probably shouldn't get too used to the NA/Global content release schedule for PSO2, that was a rushed schedule. What you are seeing now is more normal paced how SEGA been doing things for the past 9 years.

Releasing new classes before level cap raise is normal at least for the original JP releases. Luster was released a few month before 95->100 level cap, Etoile was released a few months before 90->95, Hero was released a few months before 80->85 but Hero was kept in the kiddy pool and stuck at 80 while other classes went to 85.

@HarmlessSyan said in Should they delay Braver and Bouncer to work on and speed up major content and add more of a gameplay loop?:

You probably shouldn't get too used to the NA/Global content release schedule for PSO2, that was a rushed schedule. What you are seeing now is more normal paced how SEGA been doing things for the past 9 years.

Releasing new classes before level cap raise is normal at least for the original JP releases. Luster was released a few month before 95->100 level cap, Etoile was released a few months before 90->95, Hero was released a few months before 80->85 but Hero was kept in the kiddy pool and stuck at 80 while other classes went to 85.

Pretty much this ^ But that won't fly with the masses unfortunately

I mained braver when the closed beta for global launched up until I eventually mained JB bouncer around when nemesis weapons dropped, all the way up to the successor classes coming out. They’re the two classes I want the most out of the ones we know of because of that, (and the new gunblade one I think I’ve seen someone mention, because I stayed with luster at the very end) but it isn’t smart to stay with their current plan given the state of the game

The game’s playerbase dropped hard with NGS’s launch, 0% of the people ik on Xbox play anymore myself included and on another thread someone posted a picture of Steam’s playerbase dropping over 10k

Ultimately I see it as new classes thrown at the same hollow gameplay experience aren’t going to fix the issues keeping people off the game, it’s only going to satiate people who are going to stick with the game regardless through thick and thin. (or the people who actually just enjoy the “loop” the game currently has even though it’s more hollow than Anthem’s at it’s launch imo)

@PBJ-Time said in Should they delay Braver and Bouncer to work on and speed up major content and add more of a gameplay loop?:

The game’s playerbase dropped hard with NGS’s launch, 0% of the people ik on Xbox play anymore myself included and on another thread someone posted a picture of Steam’s playerbase dropping over 10k

I was the one who linked it in the other thread with pariah. But to put the numbers out there agian...

It was around a 16k drop for our first to second weekend. We have dropped much... much more than that if you look at launch. Our second the third weekend I'm predicting around a 3k drop based on the Friday to Saturday bump we saw last week. If anyone wants to see for themselves just google steamcharts and look for ngs.

EDIT- on on the topic, no, I don't think they should be sacrificing anything for something else. If Sega needs to add teams then they should be looking to do so. If they want this to succeed they need to properly invest in new stafff so existing devs aren't being bounced around between teams and have their focus divided between projects which would only result in more delays and subpar quality releases.

6F8EAA84-1D78-4114-AAF6-30471582E4BA.png

There should be no reason to delay anything, we’re getting one new thing every month, so just enjoy what the game has to offer in the meantime. ❤

One of the things I could point out is that we don't exactly know how Sega's resources are "limited" because for what I can see they seem to be on-track being consistent with how they have been over the years.

It definitely can be questioned and improved but Sega has always been dripping "content" in droplets and it isn't surprising when that content is already cleared within hours if it isn't time-gated. Their roadmap already shows their plans for what they want to do and I would imagine that most of that is already addressed or being worked on simultaneously alongside one another - but simply just not released or release-ready yet.

I feel to be fair and to be real about this, Sega is a Japanese company that in a lot of ways is still very much stuck in the past for better or worse. Phantasy Star Online 2 has adapted to the times (to varying degrees of success and dismay) but it didn't happen in the same speeds and the same paces you expect out of "modern" software development.

Along those same lines, I recall the director of New Genesis is currently the same director of Episode 5 (when the game took a direction to saying "Buster Quests-only" and dedicated all of its content to the Hero who at the time was the only class viable and capable of handling said content while gutting out every other form of "content" because all their eggs were in the basket for the Hero and Buster Quests).

In conclusion, I feel relatively confident that the content is coming - just simply not at any of the speeds you are expecting in relation to global and ultimately not until about a half-year from now at minimum. My guess for content is that you're likely wanting a full story - which likely won't be years from now even.

Edit: I know I mentioned this elsewhere, but you can imagine that it took Phantasy Star Onilne 2 "years" to find its current gameplay loop. I don't quite know if Sega's ideal of a gameplay loop is what you want (repeating the same current trending quests for loot) but the goalpost has always moved with each year - each newer one invalidating the previous.

short answer YES. long one, it depends on how long it take them to even make this classes and if they are not made as is now. the normal loop for devs is 1 month to 3 month to make a new character/class so it safe to say this 2 are 90%+ made as of now.

I don't think it's the content pace that people are concerned witth, but rather the lack of content to start.

To say that people should "get used to this pace" is barking up the wrong tree. I don't think anyone would have issues with slow updates if there was some meat to begin with.

It’s been a pretty rough start, but hopefully more is added at a comfortable pace. 🤞

@Pariah-Chan but we know that we need to wait for 1 months to even get some new "UQ".

@Pariah-Chan said in Should they delay Braver and Bouncer to work on and speed up major content and add more of a gameplay loop?:

6F8EAA84-1D78-4114-AAF6-30471582E4BA.png

There should be no reason to delay anything, we’re getting one new thing every month, so just enjoy what the game has to offer in the meantime. ❤

Yes this roadmap is why I made the thread. We will be running to E and T or waiting for 30 minutes to 3 hours for Gigantix for a month/month and a half, and then we get Defense. To level up Braver, we will be running to E and T again (will the Defense Missions work like UQ? ie content not always there?), doing it for another month until sometime between September and December.

And then! When Bouncer is released, can you guess what we'll be doing to level? Running to E and T.

I guess we can always just go and play other games, but I always find it really odd to do that for a game that just launched. But players seem happy with this so it is what it is.

And I feel like I'm being negative. This is one of the best looking MMO's out there. BDO has this fake look to it but NGS graphically looks amazing as well as the NGS character models. I want to immerse myself in this game

It's just a shame there isn't much content wise