Any one else miss concerts?

I wonder how much time and money was/is wasted on these things.

@Yggranya To be fair, Phantasy Star Online 2 is a relatively large series in Japan that extends beyond just "Phantasy Star Online 2" when you take into account the merchandising, the live events (and live concerts that some had livestreaming for), the side-stories (PSO2es, IDOLA Phantasy Star Saga, Phantasy Star Nova, and now New Genesis), and some of the other media (Episode 0 manga, two anime installments, a trading card game, and crossovers/cameos with other games).

On the global side we barely got any of that but I would hope that Sega considers bringing more of that over to the global side at least in the form of something like livestreaming ARKS concerts (Like this ARKS Dance Festival)

@Arkham said in Any one else miss concerts?:

The main one I miss is Our Fighting, since that was more of a rock/guitar-driven song with string accompaniment. Which I think is fantastic.

I really wish we could have had some of the other concerts (like the Sachiko Koyabashi conert) and especially the nifty decorations involved with Our Fighting. In that version of "Our Fighting" I linked you can collect the items as decorations for your Personal Quarters and then simply play out the song. If you can invite people to take the role of other instruments or vocals, you can literally turn on/off parts of the song as the players end up recreating the song. Every version of the song you end up playing will end up having some kind of variance in it as even the official soundtrack version of this particular song is distinctly different.

I do think if they intend to continue with concerts I would absolutely love to see more crossovers and variety in musical genres or at least that we could have had some appearances from others such as Matoi who performed live with Quna (Album Promotional Video / Cosmic Twinkle Star Live). In the global version, the closest you got to this was Quna and Matoi's version of Rare Drop☆KOI☆KOI which showed up as one of the Christmas event songs. If you look around you might find the actual concert up somewhere (it was archived from a livestream but otherwise is via an officially-released BluRay).

I'm indifferent about concerts in PSO2, while they were neat when you watched it the first few times - they became a chore when you need to log in 30 mins before UQs to get concert buff and stand around mostly waiting for the UQ after the concert is over.

@Yggranya said in Any one else miss concerts?:

I wonder how much time and money was/is wasted on these things.

While they did spend time and money, they also made a bunch of money doing these side shows. Judging from in-game lobby actions and items from real life goods from all the character song CDs, drama CDs, charging a fortune for the real life 3D concerts (SEGA has the technology from the Miku concerts after all) https://pso2.jp/players/event/fantasic3dlive2018/ - it made them quite a profit.

@HarmlessSyan said in Any one else miss concerts?:

charging a fortune for the real life 3D concerts (SEGA has the technology from the Miku concerts after all) https://pso2.jp/players/event/fantasic3dlive2018/ - it made them quite a profit.

Ugh, someone once showed me one of those "live" concerts on youtube. People waving some light sticks around while an anime girl jumps around "live on stage" with a band to boot. It was funny at first, but pretty quickly it turned to a feeling of profound sadness.

charging a fortune for the real life 3D concerts (SEGA has the technology from the Miku concerts after all) https://pso2.jp/players/event/fantasic3dlive2018/ - it made them quite a profit.

Ugh, someone once showed me one of those "live" concerts on youtube. People waving some light sticks around while an anime girl jumps around "live on stage" with a band to boot. It was funny at first, but pretty quickly it turned to a feeling of profound sadness.

Lol you say that like we don't use holograms in the U.S.

Remember the Gorillaz? How about Tupac? Can't forget those planned Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston holograms they're still fighting to make.

I can't even say they're holograms, it's still Pepper's ghost.

@Kofi9867 said in Any one else miss concerts?:

Lol you say that like we don't use holograms in the U.S.

Remember the Gorillaz? How about Tupac? Can't forget those planned Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston holograms they're still fighting to make.

I can't even say they're holograms, it's still Pepper's ghost.

You are mistaken if you think i live in the U.S. or if you think i go out of my way to look for things i hate to have something to complain about. I just pointed out it was the saddest thing i have ever seen.

What about it made it sad? At least for me I appreciate different ways of how media can be portrayed in a different way and experienced as such. I think it's awesome many people can come together virtually over something like that.

@Velveteer said in Any one else miss concerts?:

What about it made it sad? At least for me I appreciate different ways of how media can be portrayed in a different way and experienced as such. I think it's awesome many people can come together virtually over something like that.

The people weren't there virtually, they were actually all in the same room shaking their little light for, i think it was that miku thing, dancing and/or singing on a screen with a damn band of real people for "realism". Appreciate it all you want as long as i don't need to see it ever again.

@Yggranya Don't watch it then if they do it again. No one's pointing a gun at your head and making you.

@Riesz Thank you, master of the obvious...

Was nice to get the small triboost buff from attending them. Everyone was generally standing around in the lobby waiting for the UQ that followed anyways so it was nice to see them use the space and time/resources. Since the instruments were added that had the animations and played the song anyways, would be pretty great to allow the players to be in the background playing the instruments. But that won't ever be a thing so, wishful thinking