We need to talk about how bad multi-weapon has become.

Didn't know multi-weapon was nerf'd on launch. I was asking around looking for ideas to make weapon combos. I initially wanted to make each melee weapon to pair with a range/tech weapon to deal with flying mobs and ADHD bosses. All of the idea quickly evaporated when I found out that fused weapon no longer use base weapon's damage type like CBT was. With how few the augment capsules variety are currently in game, it turned multi-weapons that are not of the same damage type into more of a waste of resources.

I'm not talking about combos like the rifle/launcher, and the two are all range damage anyway. Even with compatible combo like this, there is still obstacle to prevent players from building their own diversity. Out of the current five 4 star weapon series, there is only Resurgir series that can make this combo possible. (yes not even gigantix's Straga series have all weapons) At this point, I cannot help but to call the one responsible an idiot for making such stupid decision of making weapon types dependent on weapon series.

During CBT I made the suggestion of letting different series be multi-weapon-able because the two 3 star weapon series Trois De and Theseus each cover only selected types. The fact that base pso2 has been providing us with a variety of different series that includes ALL weapon types makes me more and more frustrated that I have to deal with incomplete weapon series in NGS. The series only limitation on top of multi-weapon's damage type separation between base and fused are really making this entire function seem pointless and wasteful in reality.

The only good benefit at current state is simply just to fuse main class' weapons together (ie. knuckles/daggers) to save meseta, minerals, and capsules on upgrades.

Saber for melee, Rifle for mobbing. Kill everything in seconds. Solved your problem, you're welcome.

I use a Fixa Fatale Foursis Dagger/Rod. I get my 40%Resishield and have my Techs for ADHD Boss and my Dagger for the infight. I dont care about capsules.Think i augmented it with 2+1,5%Melee,2%Tech,2%Resis and this 1,5%Floor.

Fused weapons do still share base attack, except the main class portion gets a arguably unneeded 10% buff. You'll still do just fine using either portion.

RNG/FOR

i dont see an issue.

@HuddledRobin318 said in We need to talk about how bad multi-weapon has become.:

At this point, I cannot help but to call the one responsible an idiot for making such stupid decision of making weapon types dependent on weapon series.

Limiting multi-weapon combos to specific series was an incredibly smart move and a very effective way of balancing Potentials and weapon combos. The fact that Resurgir is the only 4* "omni" series that allows all multi-weapon combos means that there cannot be only one multi-weapon combo for each class in the metagame. Each "limit" series actually make players think about which combos will work for that series instead of just defaulting to one combo.

@ultimatecalibur If it was truly that broken I don't see why they couldn't just make the potentials apply less of an affect on weapons they would be considered broken on. Oh, the potential buffs this weapon too much? Just change the potential so those weapons get a lesser buff.

@Riesz They can not do that. Potentials are one size fit all and to have a different effect you need a different potential.

@Riesz Resurgir already accomplishes weakened weapons for freedom of multi. and nerfing weapons based on their combos in the rest of the series would have been needlessly complicated and made it very clear which were considered op combinations.

@ultimatecalibur said in We need to talk about how bad multi-weapon has become.:

Limiting multi-weapon combos to specific series was an incredibly smart move and a very effective way of balancing Potentials and weapon combos. The fact that Resurgir is the only 4* "omni" series that allows all multi-weapon combos means that there cannot be only one multi-weapon combo for each class in the metagame. Each "limit" series actually make players think about which combos will work for that series instead of just defaulting to one combo.

After initially being annoyed at how restrictive the multiweapon system was, this is my general opinion on it after giving it some thought. One of the main issues with multiweapons right now is that there aren't a lot of gear choices. As time goes on and we get more and more options it will be easier to make whatever multiweapon combo you want.

There are also a few things that suggest Sega wants to support hybrid playstyles like Ranged/Tech. For example the potency buff granted by weapon potentals is neutral. There are also a few augment capsules that boost ranged and tech potency. For example the "Ael Note D" augment increases ranged and tech potency by 1% each, only .5% lower than the "Lab Note" which boosts Ranged Potency by 1.5%. As time goes on we might see Augs in each category that provide split potency buffs like the note I listed above.

@ultimatecalibur said in We need to talk about how bad multi-weapon has become.:

@Riesz They can not do that. Potentials are one size fit all and to have a different effect you need a different potential.

Why? How is not making all the weapons in a series a better solution than making the potential have different values for different weapons. I know people would complain then too, but if the options are not having all the weapon types in that series, and making the potentials adaptive to the weapons they find it's overpowered on, then yes this is a better solution. And you can't tell me it's not technically possible, it's the same thing as having class skills only affect certain weapons (in fact there were potentials in base pso2 that had both a global affect on every weapon, but also gave an additional effect for one particular weapon)

Also I saw comments about Resurgir. Yeah so what there's Resurgir, that's one potential which has one specific effect, the other 4* weapons have different potentials, so no Resurgir isn't an excuse for not making the other 4* series contain all the weapon types.

Wasn't the point of multiweapons, and subclasses not grant stats aside from their skills to give more freedom, and make more builds viable? So uh why do this then, why not put every weapon type in every series and just make the potential adapt to the weapon type?