The way Giga's currently despawn vs the 3 hour wait time (and thoughts on "patch")

As titled, but let me try to be constructive and maybe this can be a nice suggestions post

As it stands, the amount of time it takes to get 32 players that are willing to sit around and wait for a giga to spawn is a big investment for each one involved. 30 minutes to 3 hours is a big investment for them to all sit and wait, and quite often the case before this patch we're waiting on (6/24) you'd see a team of 32, level 20, blight shot and elemental coverage teams trip the giga, nearly kill it and "the rain stops" so it just poofs after 30 seconds to 3 minutes.

This is something I'm sure the community can agree is not right, nor does that sound inviting to get your casual or new-to-game friends to come sit with you 3 hours to "maybe" kill something... IF you have the right team load out

While this is nice and all they are "removing the short meme timers because oops our bad", this wont help when time passes (a month lets say) if less than 32 people a room are trying for gigas. even with more time, if the gigas still de-spawn, even when they are mid combat getting hit, it's still gonna piss people off.

I hope if they are adding future content they take player feed back into account, and remember how the community felt about the current released giga's de-spawn and meme timer that they are fixing (wasting some up time of the game, for something that should have been tested to see if it worked right in the first place). so that in the future they might think to test these things before making the community beta test their game for them.

oh, i should have checked, but there is a much larger thread for this

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/12998/gigantix-content-is-obnoxiously-absurd

Hey, so back again after the patch. seems like while this timer increase is "nice and all" the fact of the matter still stands:

• There is no way to make a room for only lv 20 people (you know cause sega level restricts our damage)

• if you don't have 32 geared lv 20s you're gonna see the giga de-spawn in a casual room (geared in the most basic sense, a +40 weapon, and potency augs on all armor slots available, etc)

• Even if you're geared. if you're in north aelio, and Vet bujin decides it's time to respawn and a TARGET bujin also spawns and is also an enhanced bujin, you've got no hope of dealing with them before the giga despawns, and you can't ignore them because they will hit you out of attacks, making the giga despawn when you can't land enough hits and the rain ends

• The fact a end game boss de-spawns during combat with 32 players at all, on any planet in this universe, is poor game design.

now i know what you're thinking forum trolls and bored people: I'm 16 ha ha get gud, etc etc

My point being, for everyone's sake. this mechanic is bad for the community at large, it makes people toxic over it, and i don't blame them. waiting around for an hour, or three. just to have your room fail and a giga despawn is not a fun time, for anyone.

It’s not fun, and the rewards are marginal. I honestly don’t know wat the developers was thinking... o_o

@DeliciousPies said in The way Giga's currently despawn vs the 3 hour wait time (and thoughts on "patch"):

if you don't have 32 geared lv 20s you're gonna see the giga de-spawn in a casual room (geared in the most basic sense, a +40 weapon, and potency augs on all armor slots available, etc)

This is false. A single level 20 with a 4* +40 lv3 potential weapon without augments should be able to in theory solo a giga well within the time limit if they are the only one within range it.

The fact a end game boss de-spawns during combat with 32 players at all, on any planet in this universe, is poor game design.

Gigantix enemies are not endgame bosses. They are high powered random encounters tuned to be fought by level 24 characters. The Aelio versions will be easily farmed when the level cap is increased to 35 in roughly 6 months.

@ultimatecalibur ah that gives me a bit of hope i guess. still it's pretty wacky a room full of people see a despawn if a single player can solo a giga as we currently stand

Yeah it scales based on the number of people within its range.

@Pariah-Chan said in The way Giga's currently despawn vs the 3 hour wait time (and thoughts on "patch"):

It’s not fun, and the rewards are marginal. I honestly don’t know wat the developers was thinking... o_o

It is content more designed as a reason for higher level characters to return to Aelio once the level cap is raised. We just got early access to it.

@ultimatecalibur said in The way Giga's currently despawn vs the 3 hour wait time (and thoughts on "patch"):

@Pariah-Chan said in The way Giga's currently despawn vs the 3 hour wait time (and thoughts on "patch"):

It is content more designed as a reason for higher level characters to return to Aelio once the level cap is raised. We just got early access to it.

Once people have the rewards, do you honestly believe anyone will return to this kind of thing? Of course the entire game is basically designed around getting the things you're after and never looking back.

But hey, as you said, it's early access to terrible game designing so we know what to expect from the future. That was already pretty obvious from the way both of the UQs were designed though (Bosses designed purely for frustration). I suppose that's something, and it makes dropping things that suck completely painless, just like dropping the game eventually. Of course that's a foregone conclusion regardless.

@Yggranya said in The way Giga's currently despawn vs the 3 hour wait time (and thoughts on "patch"):

@ultimatecalibur said in The way Giga's currently despawn vs the 3 hour wait time (and thoughts on "patch"):

Once people have the rewards, do you honestly believe anyone will return to this kind of thing? Of course the entire game is basically designed around getting the things you're after and never looking back.

That is very wrong. Things are design such that early game resources are needed for late game gear. The level 35 BiS gear will likely require you to go back and farm Ael Note A/B/C/Ds for Ael Domina and Gigas Might/Precision/Technique will likely get a Mastery or Gigas Mastery version in the future.

Lower star gear actually scales better than higher star gear with upgrades while being cheaper.

@DeliciousPies

Sega Clarified the HP only scales with people near the gigantix. So if anyone is bullying people about a lower level being in the area at all they're just being toxic and should be reported. As far as the despawn mechanic goes I think it's a good mechanic on paper. The idea is that the boss is a very scary enemy that shows up briefly. So you're supposed to show up with the best and optimize the heck out of the fight.

If literally anyone who was 20 could stroll up and help kill the boss in a significant way then it wouldn't give the challenge it's meant to. Problem is people don't understand this. They just run in with whatever they have and expect it to work. With how the game is currently and what we've access to any random should be showing up as a fighter. Only people who are running a group should be the ones bringing "support" through 1-2 rangers and 1 force/tech. This reduces the chance of overlap for the support classes.

@Pariah-Chan

The rewards definitely aren't marginal. They're absolutely worth going for if you're looking to min max.

Down gigantics 5 out of 7 bitting ankles last night. My point well still no darn straga. Go go power rangers.

Jokes aside I consider this community boss to seperate those that know what they doing and those that need more practice. Go veteran until you can learn patterns. Time how long you can solo one.

This is false. A single level 20 with a 4* +40 lv3 potential weapon without augments should be able to in theory solo a giga well within the time limit if they are the only one within range it.

This is a dumb theory, especially since the bosses vary by effective HP and I can't imagine Daityl Axe solo within the 6 minute time limit even using DS with Termina on. Even the current Gigantix solos were done during extended weather cycles lasting more than 6 minutes, and these are practically free for an MPA as well, the problem being that it's another layer of RNG to get an easy gigantix.

The content wasn't designed for higher level characters either, as it should be obvious seeing how it drops 4* gear when the next level cap is assured to have at least one higher rarity.

@Yggranya said in The way Giga's currently despawn vs the 3 hour wait time (and thoughts on "patch"):

That is very wrong. Things are design such that early game resources are needed for late game gear. The level 35 BiS gear will likely require you to go back and farm Ael Note A/B/C/Ds for Ael Domina and Gigas Might/Precision/Technique will likely get a Mastery or Gigas Mastery version in the future.

If they are going to make people farm the same places from the games beginning to its end to craft the same augments over and over with arbitrary increases in percentages to go with the arbitrary increases in enemy HP, well, par for the course i suppose. Pointless number increases. Should have just forgotten augments to really show how the game is full of nothing. It's not like they were going to try and make a completely unique treadmill just because the game is supposedly an upgrade (with lots of downgrades and recycled old BS).

Anyway, considering how long it's going to take to make the new area, if people have already farmed enough augments that they'll last until the end of the games lifespan, before the very FIRST new area gets added, why would anyone ever go back to old places? Obviously they are going to add some new, better versions to the place so people have to do the farming all over again and so it will be for all new places. Out with the old, in with the new. Gotta keep people playing so they buy AC!

I just really hope they take feed back, at all. I get we're on a forum the game devs may never even check... but honestly if they have the chance to make things better in the first place, then i hope that means they listened to the player base in the first place.

they tried with a patch, they just decided the wrong thing was the issue aka the timer they "fixed" not the real issue,

• de-spawning

• lack of rank 2 explore zones to put these gigas in (you know, so people at least stop being toxic to the casual and new player base. the only thing that keeps a game market like this alive)

• the wait times of potentially THREE hours vs the up time of potentially 5 -12 minutes.

etc... I'm sure anyone that's been playing the game since launch has similar grievances with our game's potential. It's got such great potential, but to see it go to waste, or to make the whole community frustrated is a little foreboding. Will content keep getting rushed out to please fans, but also be rushed out and incomplete. every time?

Here's hoping they continue to adjust giga's mechanics. Because currently? everyone is relying on community help to see when the thunder storms will happen. and no one is wanting to sit there any more than 30 minutes, let alone the potential 3 hours (if they didn't have the community help).

If they already have data that determines when thunderstorms WILL happen. they should put an announcement IN THE GAME that states players should get ready soon, that they need a certain level, and maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing possible.

They do it for urgent quests, they should do it for thunderstorms/weather warnings