Last active

As an alliance leader, it would be nice if there is a column saying when the last time someone was on. This would allow us to kick inactive members and continue to grow with active players. It would also be nice if we could see how much each player is contributing when taking into account who should be promoted.

This would be great, I'd be down for this to be implemented.

@bl00dy-t34rs said in Last active:

when taking into account who should be promoted.

I don't agree with promoting people just on contribution alone.

@coldreactive I'm not saying that it would be a sole reason to promote people but I'm also not going to promote someone if they havent done anything to help the alliance. There are obviously plenty of reasons why someone should be promoted but it could help decide in closer decisions.

Anyone have any suggestions that could improve this idea?

The last active column could be merged with a "Location" column if there is already one. While a character is offline, the location column could instead show how long they've been offline. (In hours, then days when it passes 24 hours.) This is how FFXIV does it:

alt text

The little speech bubble icon, when clicked, shows the character's "Search Information." Which is a small text blurb characters can put on their characters to give extra information, like RP info/etc. (This is applied to the character itself, not the guild/alliance/team/FC/etc.)

Instead of a Language column, the alliance list can show what console/client type they're currently on, which would be nice to know.

I like that. It would make joining parties just easier as well

The game does mark players who have not logged in in a while as inactive. I believe the threshold is 30 days or so?

@Ilúvatar said in Last active:

The game does mark players who have not logged in in a while as inactive. I believe the threshold is 30 days or so?

But what if we want to have a cut-off date of 100 days instead? I guess we'll just have to manually count?

30 days is a long time. Most games I play if you are off for a couple days to a week you are gone. That's a lot of lost time that members could be getting alliance points if I dont know for 3 weeks.

I also wouldnt mind a way to send a massive mail to alliance members since not everyone checks the board in alliance hall

I agree I would like a way to tell who is inactive after a week or two

There is even a column that could be used for it. When you are on the online page it says their location but on offline there is a blank column, just add it in there

@bl00dy-t34rs I had the same thoughts

@Ephemeral-Opus like I couldnt think of anything else that column would be used for since location doesnt exist for someone offline