Does force feel weak to anyone else?

@Crysiania said in Does force feel weak to anyone else?:

It is a little bit from a damage perspective.

force mostly exists as a elemental stunner against bosses/

My problem with force is how mind numbingly spammy it is against bosses currently. Unless your in the thick of it parrying everything like a baller I guess.

Thats the best way to play it

@AngryRhombus563 said in Does force feel weak to anyone else?:

My problem with force is how mind numbingly spammy it is against bosses currently. Unless your in the thick of it parrying everything like a baller I guess.

I mean, if you're not playing it that way, you really are kind've dragging the team down. Played optimally, Force DPS isn't great. Played lazily, you'd be contributing half what anyone else is just by rolling their face on the keyboard, and you might want to consider taking up Ranger, which is designed for staying way back plinking at stuff

I just came out of a rank 2 mt. magnus group with a FO that murdered things so fast I barely had to time to pull off Thousand Blows.

@Miranda said in Does force feel weak to anyone else?:

I just came out of a rank 2 mt. magnus group with a FO that murdered things so fast I barely had to time to pull off Thousand Blows.

Yea its good it killing packs of easy trash mobs.

@Ryuujin said in Does force feel weak to anyone else?:

I mean, if you're not playing it that way, you really are kind've dragging the team down. Played optimally, Force DPS isn't great. Played lazily, you'd be contributing half what anyone else is just by rolling their face on the keyboard, and you might want to consider taking up Ranger, which is designed for staying way back plinking at stuff

Which turns it into one of the most difficulty classes given that it has some of the lowest hp. I reckon only rly good players are even trying to do that.

Well if you think it's so weak that it does jack all to bosses, then by all means play another class.

Well if you think it's so weak that it does jack all to bosses, then by all means play another class.

Are you replying to the wrong person? i have already explained its good for elemental knockdowns.

I only read what you said to me specifically at that, and my response was triggered by your apparent sarcasm, but yes I read that post just now.

I wasn't being sarcastic i was acknowledging what you said, spamming lightning hits target plus everything near it so it is very good for trash mobs.

Oh my bad then. Admittedly I tend to be on edge around here.

I actually haven't played FO or RA(I imagine they also think they are weak). The topic itself presented me with the opportunity to say otherwise although I didn't consider other variables. I was initially impressed with the utter destruction that people who were using that class had brought about.

I got the impression you had to play force like a hunter in ngs to get optimal dps, counters contribute a big chunk of damage and adds to the mechanics like barta bolt so you end up in melee a lot; but you don't have warcry so without aggro your damage potential tanks.

With the way elemental stuns are introduced, currently Force is made to be the stun support. For example, Zonde (which is better uncharged, I think) hits way lower than everything else.

Right now I'm using Ra/Fo and only pushes weak bullet + spam the elements to stun the enemy.

Among all though, the one I got gripes on elemental stunning (and staggering in general) are only Bujin. (And both Veras due to Zonde).

@sheizansc said in Does force feel weak to anyone else?:

Among all though, the one I got gripes on elemental stunning (and staggering in general) are only Bujin. (And both Veras due to Zonde).

from what I can tell each part of a boss individually tracks the physical and elemental damage dealt to it to inflict Down and increases the amount required for that part to down every time one is triggered.

More physical and elemental downs would likely be triggered on Nex Vera if Fo and Tech cycled through the other parts of the body rather that just focusing on the feet with all the melee.

@Pok Indeed. It makes Hunter/Force worth while for this.

@Pok Indeed. It makes Hunter/Force worth while for this.

I mean...no, not really. Your damage shooting a tech is going to be nerfed and poorly stat-supported due to being a hunter main, and at that point you have access to swords in which any single PA will triple the damage you attempt to do with a sub-classed Rod or Talis. The only reason you should ever cast techs in any serious capacity for damage is if you are a force main. If you want to play a full-support type class you can run a RA main with techs on a sub-classed Techter or Force for elemental down, but again, your damage is just pitiful while going for that down and you're hoping that the down itself makes up for your trash-damage in the other players' DPS.