Maintenance on west coast for New Genesis times suck

Can you stop doing Maintenance so early, 7pm pst Tuesday now an emergency one today at 8pm. Your killing me come on this a Xbox us exclusive why is the west coast getting screwed on the maintenance. I work during the day so go back to 11pm so I get some time to play. Tuesday I was on for like twenty minutes before I got the notice about maintenance, no heads up on the website. Can you please move the maintenance schedule so all of the United has a chance to play during peek playing times. It’s really not fair. For the Westcoast players.

PSO2 is maintained by staff in Japan. The game maintenance is taking place during their work day. I can understand your frustration though. But this is just how it is.

They were doing Pso2 at 11pm before. Why not with new genesis.

Or maybe rotate every other week to daytime Maintenance so everyone knows how it feels.

@Yendor-Narej said in Maintenance on west coast for New Genesis times suck:

Well this is an emergency maintenance. I'm sure they have their reasons 🙂 It looks like the last scheduled maintenance took place at 11pm Pacific time.

Most likely due to that being the lowest log in time between both JPN and Global as well to allow the JPN Dev team to focus on a single time set versus multiple times through the day / week.

Or maybe rotate every other week to daytime Maintenance so everyone knows how it feels.

I'll just past from your other thread.

@Viola-Lance said in New maintenance schedule sucks for the Westcoast:

@Yendor-Narej said in New maintenance schedule sucks for the Westcoast:

I work from 9-6 Weekdays, the new maintenance schedule is now starts at 7pm pst - 1am pst, when it used to start at 11pm pst. So basically I can't play for the day. Why does the west coast get screwed on this. Can we go back to 11pm. Please

How I've seen it, somewhere it will always be someone's prime time no matter the time or time zone used.

While it does suck, no matter the time, it will be an inconvenience no matter what to someone or a large group. Being 11pm PST is the start of Prime Time for Kiwis and Aussies (4pm ish?) and morning for Brits/UK (7am) as well as start of afternoon to other Europeans (7am-12pm). Even those (not saying you would be doing this), just those in general who suggest different time sets for maint. often continue to complain about the new schedule due to it still inconveniencing them despite the change fitting their needs.

The game is global. The maintenance is off of the JPN dev's schedule who work now on both versions, it reaches outside the of just JPN and Continental America.

So it is fine as is, no need to alter it despite it being a pain for west coast / PST zoners. So in the end, yes, it does suck - but as in all online games with schedule maint. somewhere, someone gets the short end. With PSO2 it is West Coast / PST Zoners.

At least be thankful there is a schedule maint to plan around - prior to todays standards, they just kinda happened at random with very little to zero notifications...EQ and FFXI.

How about the switch it up every week so certain times zones aren’t left out. I know this won’t amount to anything, but I really look forward to playing and it sucks that I can’t. Once a week I can’t play and if there is an emergency maybe 2. I better get on while I can, got till 8 today. Thanks for feedback super frustrated and needed to vent. But it would be cool if certain time zones weren’t always left out. Thanks again.

It's not the worst thing in the world. I'm bummed too, think of this time as an opportunity to learn a new hobby or something.

Theres always someone screwed by maintenance times thanks to time zones.