Farm this, or that?

Spam Magnus for an eternity and hope for a decent Fixa wand, using meseta gained to buy augments and enhancements when able

or

Farm exploration zones for an eternity and hope for augments?

Why not both? Do one for a bit one day, do the other for a bit on another day

I'm just as upset as you that NGS has very little content at launch.

Let me make a different proposal for you: foster a community.

There are a lot of new players coming in and looking at these forums and guess what? There are 12 topics on the front page complaining about how bad it is. Farming is bad, endgame sucks, AC doesn't have enough stuff.

Honestly, if I were new to a community, this would make me hesitant to even try out the game.

I get your frustration, don't get me wrong. But these posts are counterproductive to fostering a good community.

You obviously like the game enough to vent your frustrations, why not try to be a positive change and show people the community in PSO2 and NGS is worth stopping by for.

I got bored with base PSO2 after hitting 100 with every class, I went block to block making dad jokes with a hope to lighten the load of fellow players and foster a caring community.

Remember, this is escapism for a lot of people. Please try help them escape by kicking your boots up and fostering comraderie among your peers.

@TrideoGamis said in Farm this, or that?:

Honestly, if I were new to a community, this would make me hesitant to even try out the game.

Me too...if i was a mindless follower. Since i'm not and since the game is free to play, i'd try it for myself. Why even go to a forum when you can just try the game yourself?

Please try help them escape by kicking your boots up and fostering comraderie among your peers.

How about i say nothing and expect not to be bothered by other peoples baggage. Can't be too much to ask, right?

@Yggranya Well, the good news is that you don't have to interact with anyone in game. My point is: you want the game to thrive and last? Try not being so negative. A community is needed for a game to thrive. If we run away any people with potential interest in the game with vitriol spewed in the forums, we all lose.

To your point, staying quiet can still cultivate a positive community.

@TrideoGamis Other people may feel attached to their character and all the money they've blown on a game, but i sure don't. If i think something is bad in the game, i'll say so. All the game needs to thrive is anti-consumer monetization and sega has that covered in spades.

Also, now that i though about it, would you kindly clarify your point, since it seems like your point is that it's not the developers job to make a fun and enjoyable game, or at least if they fail to make one, it is the community job to lie to make it appear so? Or at least never mention shortcomings to sugar coat the fact it's pretty bad to lure unsuspecting players into the game to maybe spend some money to help the game "thrive" until they realize it's all BS, so they leave, which doesn't matter since they did what they were supposed to do, threw some money at the devs to let you keep playing? That would be ridiculous of course.

@Furious-0 said in Farm this, or that?:

Spam Magnus for an eternity and hope for a decent Fixa wand, using meseta gained to buy augments and enhancements when able

or

Farm exploration zones for an eternity and hope for augments?

Both or whichever you feel like at the time! Maybe other zones too. Dont forget gathering in exploration zone too, veterans and uq. Also, not for eternity. Sounds like you have limited time and there is too much content for you to decide between 😛

Oo you could also do the other way around and farm exploration and use meseta to buy a fixa wand.

@Yggranya Well, the good news is that you don't have to interact with anyone in game. My point is: you want the game to thrive and last? Try not being so negative. A community is needed for a game to thrive. If we run away any people with potential interest in the game with vitriol spewed in the forums, we all lose.

To your point, staying quiet can still cultivate a positive community.

Careful saying things like that. Not all will agree

@Yggranya You're fun and looking for an argument, but I'm not going to give you one.

My point was simple: cultivating a community makes a game more fun. I clearly stated that I'm also disappointed in the lack of content. Complaining about the SAME ISSUES over and over does nothing to "hold the devs accountable."

Ultimately it's simple: life and this game is what you make of it. If you're negative, you'll get negativity back. If you make a positive impact, you further the positivity.

I appreciate your feedback, and thanks for venting your frustration. I hope you feel better about it. As for me, I'll give you a joke: as a kid I tried to steal liquor from my father, but I realized it was too whiskey.

@XenoBladeX37645 that's fine. I'm not here to make them agree, just trying to pass some good spirits off along the way in hopes it will spread.

Kudos though.

@TrideoGamis I'm hoping it does spread. Board could use some more

@TrideoGamis This must be what they call "projecting"...

Anyway, thanks for the clarification(or lack thereof), although a community and especially being forced into one to complete things in a game is not any fun for me. It's a good thing developers have realized that forcing interaction doesn't work for the most part.

@Yggranya If that's what you'd like to call it.

We have that much in common at least. I have party invites to autoignore and only run solo. It doesn't mean I don't want a good community for longevity.

One action does not preclude the other. Be good, project good and others will follow. Isn't it better to read positive things in your escapism rather than being dragged into a black hole of negativity?

Why did the ghost get dumped? He always smelled like sheet.

@TrideoGamis Escapism? I don't roleplay, i play games to spend my time. Anyway, one hopes the game is enjoyable. If it's not, might as well let the people with the power to change that know that it could be better. Sugar coating conserns is not my forte and tact doesn't help the developers commit to improvements.

@Yggranya that's still escapism. You have the time and/or money and its your choice to spend them how you see fit to get away from the mundaneness of life.

I never said you shouldn't tell the "powers that be" how to improve the game. You absolutely should.

Here this should help you: link text. This is how to tell the Devs to improve the game.

The entire premise of my original statement was that any newcomer looking here thinks this is the worst game ever made due to impressions of these topics. We both know that isn't true.

Did you know William Shakespeare owned the first video game console? It was A Midnight Summer's Dreamcast.