New maintenance schedule sucks for the Westcoast

I work from 9-6 Weekdays, the new maintenance schedule is now starts at 7pm pst - 1am pst, when it used to start at 11pm pst. So basically I can't play for the day. Why does the west coast get screwed on this. Can we go back to 11pm. Please

@Yendor-Narej said in New maintenance schedule sucks for the Westcoast:

I work from 9-6 Weekdays, the new maintenance schedule is now starts at 7pm pst - 1am pst, when it used to start at 11pm pst. So basically I can't play for the day. Why does the west coast get screwed on this. Can we go back to 11pm. Please

How I've seen it, somewhere it will always be someone's prime time no matter the time or time zone used.

While it does suck, no matter the time, it will be an inconvenience no matter what to someone or a large group. Being 11pm PST is the start of Prime Time for Kiwis and Aussies (4pm ish?) and morning for Brits/UK (7am) as well as start of afternoon to other Europeans (7am-12pm). Even those (not saying you would be doing this), just those in general who suggest different time sets for maint. often continue to complain about the new schedule due to it still inconveniencing them despite the change fitting their needs.

The game is global. The maintenance is off of the JPN dev's schedule who work now on both verions, it reaches outside the of just JPN and Continental America.

So it is fine as is, no need to alter it despite it being a pain for west coast / PST zoners. So in the end, yes, it does suck - but as in all online games with schedule maint. somewhere, someone gets the short end. With PSO2 it is West Coast / PST Zoners.

At least be thankful there is a schedule maint to plan around - prior to todays standards, they just kinda happened at random with very little to zero notifications...EQ and FFXI.

@Viola-Lance said in New maintenance schedule sucks for the Westcoast:

The game is global.

This is the problem. Most online games have servers to support different parts of the world. Having a maintenance window that shafts one of the largest parts of the world for gamers is pretty short-sighted. Not very smart at all.