Gigantix content is obnoxiously absurd

To be fair, people can (and probably should) be farming the zone for stat augment capsules (yes those yummy Stat III capsules) and Veterans (Dread enemies) for that Dread Keeper.

It's unfortunate that the system started bugged, making people settle quickly into the mindset that they have to be instantly ready. But now that it has become more forgiving, and spawn locations are known so search time is mostly eliminated, there's less reason to just sit around and wait.

True, when there are too many people with bad gear or even lower levels, any second lost could mean failure, but then in that kind of groups, there's no reason to believe any second gained would have made the difference, either. After all, there's no HP bar on Gigantixes.

The real problem, I think, is in how special the loot is. That kind of loot makes everybody want to get in on the action, including people who hate camping out random spawns. But this is perhaps a staple of the PSO2 game, where they don't really design what players want, but instead design what they want and try to get players to play it.

Still, there are also people who remember camping spawns fondly. While it is an uncommon design in this day and age of fast food and instant gratification, it is not a "bad" concept inherently. I wouldn't be surprised if there are Gigantix triggers later on when triggers are implemented.

As to the current arrangement, it could be improved, for example, if the Gigantix scaling automatically ignores people who are not level 20. This will help towards eliminating animosity, witch hunting, and general toxicity in the community when unsuspecting newbies wander into the fight.

PSE level-downs and Gigantix scaling off low level players, these are the two design decisions in the current NGS that I would consider absurd, stupid, and even malicious, which don't conform with PSO2's "let's have fun together" concept. I hope both are taken out asap.

For now, I farm the zone when I camp out Gigantix spawns and return to the spawn points when clouds start to gather. So I don't think the random spawn is that bad.

I was able to do my 5 kills and good riddance, this was awful and don't want to kill another gigantix ever again.

3 kills here so far, and even with the storms elongated on average, it's still kinda shit. The Gigantix aren't a test of skill, just another literal gear check for an entire area's worth of players that still has a hint of RNG behind it. If they had some slight improvements or altered movesets to at least make it harder and throw people off that had been fighting Veterans so much, that's one thing, but it's just the same thing with a no-hit or get ressed condition.

How much burden does an each non level 20 player leeching add to the fight? I heard numbers like boss gets hp % x number of players in the area which sounds huge.

@Pok said in Gigantix content is obnoxiously absurd:

How much burden does an each non level 20 player leeching add to the fight? I heard numbers like boss gets hp % x number of players in the area which sounds huge.

Far as I'm aware, it scales so that it takes the same length of time to kill regardless of how many people attack it (assuming same skill/gear level). So in that case it'd just be something like "gigantix base hp * number of nearby players", meaning leeches hurt more depending on how many people are around, because at lower player counts they're a higher portion of the total. So if you're soloing one and then a level 19 comes along, you'd have it effectively be twice as hard (since they're not contributing), but if you have 31 players and a level 19 comes along it'll only be around 3% harder.

@Akonyl That sure is problematic, hope it doesn't include afk and the stray daily gatherer that adds up quickly.

@Akonyl It is very much likely that the scaling starts at a certain number of nearby players, however, and when we are talking thousands of HP, that 3% per player that cant do anything is a rather lot of extra HP players that can actually contribute have to take out. It raises the gear requirement for each deadweight, eventually becoming an impossible kill at some point.

Communication is key. I am sure Discord could be utilized. Oh, wait. Marauders, ya? 😂

This entire 'event' reeks of something that Sega threw together last minute. All of the bosses are just enemies we've seen with inflated stats. I would be ok with that, if their spawn condition wasn't tied to RNG. I feel like Sega was trying to capture the excitement of finding a rare boss monster, but next time they really need to tie the spawn condition to something the players have control over.

I really hope this style of "hurry up and wait" event doesn't become a theme going forward.

It’s like plains of Eidolon, but worse in every conceivable way. XD

Hello everyone! What would be most helpful for the developers would be a list of suggestions to improve upon the current design. Would one of you mind formulating one or distilling those listed in this thread? Thank you!!!!

@GM-Deynger A few I can think of after running the content:

1. Make Gigantix enemies not increase in stats/hp scaling from players lvl19 or below. Those players cannot contribute any meaningful dps to the fight(due to the level difference) and make the fight more difficult for the players that are cap leveled. This would stop the hostility towards lower level players that think they are helping or just happen to be passing by and don't know about the stat scaling.

2. Once engaged the Gigantix shouldn't despawn as long as players are still alive and fighting it(I've seen numerous groups engage one only for it to despawn a couple minutes afterwards, and this is in the past couple of days post hotfix). This would stop the hostility players have towards each other in regards to gear not being maxed out(seen groups get very toxic towards other players over this blaming/shaming them in general chat for low dps being why they failed when in reality the storm ended in 2-3 minutes).

3. Reduce the aggro range of the Gigantix enemies a bit or make them not chase you across the entire zone once aggroed. This one is a pet peeve for me as I've had these aggro onto me while I'm passing through a zone to do gathering dailies or mining nodes from a distance of 180-200 out and when it occurs you either die or have to run to a zone border. It wastes the time of someone who isn't wanting to even fight it, and dragging it across the zone wastes the time of people wanting to fight it as they now have to chase it around.

4. Have the meteorologist npc in Central City actually give a timer of when thunderstorms are going to occur. Players are already tracking this outside of the game, so there's no reason to not have this info available in game.

@GM-Deynger These should be making use of the new BP system. Instead of a LEVEL gate on dealing full damage, enemies should have a BP gate. They need both a soft limit, to dealing un-defended damage, and then a hard limit, when your attacks will deal full damage to them but no longer increase based on BP, but instead actual attack values.

This should be tied into Urgent quests too, because its very easy to reach 1184 BP before reaching level 13.

@Ravness01 said in Gigantix content is obnoxiously absurd:

@GM-Deynger A few I can think of after running the content:

1. Make Gigantix enemies not increase in stats/hp scaling from players lvl19 or below. Those players cannot contribute any meaningful dps to the fight(due to the level difference) and make the fight more difficult for the players that are cap leveled. This would stop the hostility towards lower level players that think they are helping or just happen to be passing by and don't know about the stat scaling.

2. Once engaged the Gigantix shouldn't despawn as long as players are still alive and fighting it(I've seen numerous groups engage one only for it to despawn a couple minutes afterwards, and this is in the past couple of days post hotfix). This would stop the hostility players have towards each other in regards to gear not being maxed out(seen groups get very toxic towards other players over this blaming/shaming them in general chat for low dps being why they failed when in reality the storm ended in 2-3 minutes).

3. Reduce the aggro range of the Gigantix enemies a bit or make them not chase you across the entire zone once aggroed. This one is a pet peeve for me as I've had these aggro onto me while I'm passing through a zone to do gathering dailies or mining nodes from a distance of 180-200 out and when it occurs you either die or have to run to a zone border. It wastes the time of someone who isn't wanting to even fight it, and dragging it across the zone wastes the time of people wanting to fight it as they now have to chase it around.

4. Have the meteorologist npc in Central City actually give a timer of when thunderstorms are going to occur. Players are already tracking this outside of the game, so there's no reason to not have this info available in game.

Yes 100% yes. All of these things are excellent suggestions. Numbers 1,2 and 4 on @Ravness01's list are particularly important.

#1 will stop hostility between capped and non-capped players. The last thing you want to do is drive a wedge between the playerbase and this style of content will do just that.

#2 will make it so players are much more willing to cooperate. Since instead of being on a timer of unknown length they can now call other players to join from their alliance, chat group, discord or elsewhere.

#4 would remove much of the 'hurry up and wait' aspects of this type of content. If we as players cannot control when these things spawn, you need to at least let us know WHEN they're coming. Unknown spawn times do not promote excitement. All it does is waste your players time. It's not fun. It's boring and will encourage people to spend their time elsewhere.

Lastly, I am on the same page as @AngryRhombus563 in regards to the the game having both level and BP requirements. It's completely redundant. Please get rid of any and all level based restrictions and swap them for BP gates. BP is a much better system overall than level requirements please use it!

@Ravness01 said in Gigantix content is obnoxiously absurd:

Once engaged the Gigantix shouldn't despawn as long as players are still alive and fighting it(I've seen numerous groups engage one only for it to despawn a couple minutes afterwards, and this is in the past couple of days post hotfix). This would stop the hostility players have towards each other in regards to gear not being maxed out(seen groups get very toxic towards other players over this blaming/shaming them in general chat for low dps being why they failed when in reality the storm ended in 2-3 minutes).

I disagree with this - The Gigantix aren't difficult enough on their own merit a removal of their despawn timer, that would basically change them from being an actual world boss that requires you to have a full understanding of your gear and class, to just another Veteran with more health and the ability to one shot.

As a counter point, I think that rather than having the Gigantix despawn when the storm ends, that once pulled, the fight should have a hard ten minute timer. Ten minutes after being engaged, the boss despawns. That gives the players a much more consistent time frame to deal with when the fight begins, and it also gives players plenty of time to kill the boss before it despawns. These are currently the end-game boss encounters in NGS, they should be hard, and there should be a very real possibility of failing. You take away any of that, and they're just another loot pinata that gets beat on until it pukes out it's goodies.

Having a hard despawn timer would also give Sega more flexibility with future Gigantix encounters as well, as they can adjust the timer forward and back depending on what it is the Gigantix is, such a Nex Vera getting a bit more time if needed.