Gigantix content is obnoxiously absurd

@AngryRhombus563 said in Gigantix content is obnoxiously absurd:

@Pariah-Chan Man they had since Second JP CBT followed by global CBT where EVERYONE told them it was too short to fix that before launch. Wtf were they doing the whole time? Preparing scratch content? xD

EEAF3B98-1442-4070-AD98-3D15B2FA974C.png

They was sniffing their own farts and disregarding any feedback. XD

@Akonyl And even then Gigantix was still 4 lvls higher at lvl19 so the outcome and damage reduction was all the same. Weather duration was too random lasting anywhere from 2m to 5m or so.

@Raikoh said in Gigantix content is obnoxiously absurd:

There's also a lesser mentality I'm seeing go around about classes. Everyone's so focused on optimal DPS that even in JP they're lamenting that only a bunch of Fighters are definitive for hauling a Gigantix, so some classes like Ranger are getting disparaged for it.

Not surprised, beta testers gave many reports once again on how badly the classes are poorly balanced and as new content appear, this issue is just going to get worse...we've already seen some Fighter nerfs and more are looming on the horizon, this is Sega's mentality instead of beefing up the other classes to match, they go overboard and use the nerf hammer.

@Amari-Kigu Its more about the fighters currently bugged DS skill than about real balance.

@Pariah-Chan said in Gigantix content is obnoxiously absurd:

@Pariah-Chan Man they had since Second JP CBT followed by global CBT where EVERYONE told them it was too short to fix that before launch. Wtf were they doing the whole time? Preparing scratch content? xD

EEAF3B98-1442-4070-AD98-3D15B2FA974C.png

They was sniffing their own farts and disregarding any feedback. XD

https://ngs.pso2.com/news/maintenance/maintenance20210624

You were saying?

@Zeke Well in reality the weather and julian dance are more developer oversight than bugs. They were told in both 2nd JP cbtvamd global cbt that weather is too short, and i can guarantee you the duration didnt change from global cbt to today. they just didnt listen. they didnt even take room passwording into consideration, and will really only do it when the forms or reddit are more aflame with complaints of growing toxicity between the max and the not-max levels.

This Gigantix content is so poorly implemented. Putting a boss that REQUIRES a certain character level and BP level into zones that players with characters that WILL BE clearly underleveled and for some strange/stupid reason very presence make the boss of this random occurence even stronger.

I have seen and played bad game design before but I believe we have a new champion with Gigantix.

Now we get a Five (5) hour maintenance window to adjust the times of the storms these new crap bosses appear in yet not one thing about how they want to reduce the toxic cesspool these so-called open maps have become in one day.

SEGA really have their heads up their own asses with this Gigantix garbage.

I will give a few solutions so SEGA can properly ignore my feedback:

Put Gigantix into its' own instance with BP and character level gates.

Failing the above, Restrict Gigantix spawns to certain Blocks only and INDICDATE what these blocks are INGAME. Allow players that have underleveled characters be able to play the game without some elitest assclown telling them to leave the open world map that the game, up until now, encourages them play in.

Quit being stupid SEGA and stop throwing extremely bad game design in everyones' faces. If this is the foreshadow of how bad the future content is gonna be, PSO2: NG will soon be a game that I refer to as "Yeah, I played that crap game." Don't let this happen SEGA.

@Strobe said in Gigantix content is obnoxiously absurd:

Oh yes, having a seperate BP restricted tier of exploration zones so the higher bps can be both challanged with the rest of the area and not have to worry about under geared and subsequently underleveled people from being in the wrong place at the wrong time would also be a great idea.

At the same time, should they do thst they can just do away with the level difference deal. They should have learned it was a bad idea from players being able to reach the bp requirement for Urgent Quests at lvl12 or lower, when they arent able to significantly damage the boss from that poor decision.

@Strobe said in Gigantix content is obnoxiously absurd:

Oh yes, having a seperate BP restricted tier of exploration zones so the higher bps can be both challanged with the rest of the area and not have to worry about under geared and subsequently underleveled people from being in the wrong place at the wrong time would also be a great idea.

At the same time, should they do thst they can just do away with the level difference deal. They should have learned it was a bad idea from players being able to reach the bp requirement for Urgent Quests at lvl12 or lower, when they arent able to significantly damage the boss from that poor decision.

Oh yeah, I have a gunner that was level 14 (level 15 now) that has a BP of 1304. I was requested to leave an Open World map by the so-called players that apparently now owned said open world. I did attack a gigantix previously and was rolling off the massive damage of one (1).

The very fact that my low-level character has any bearing of how strong the gigantix spawns in as is laughable at how bad of design and implementation gigantix really is.

It’s an issue with the game’s design in general.

NGS has a BP gate AND a lvl gate, and if you fail to meet both you can’t do content properly. Sure that might weed out some unproductive players, but how much of the player base is up to those numbers?

What happens if there’s not enough players for the lvl 39 Gigantix in winter? o_o

yup agreed, 1300 bp trying to level different classes, hitting then harder than most of the people present because i have +40 4 star gear for different classes, but im the problem? this update is total bullshit

Exactly. Overgeared but underlvled? Get out of the area leech! XD

Side state of the game aside, I’m hoping trigger quests aren’t as bad. But I can safely assume they’ have their fair share of issues as well. :3

DFBC83BA-38FB-4323-9FAE-803E59602544.png

@Hotaru251 People are getting hostile based on lvl 20 or not now. They really needed to listen to us during CBT about this, but they did absolutely nothing and the outcome is exactly the same "GTFO non-max-levels".

For shits and giggles I went into a full room area as a lv 16 just to see what lulz I get while I was hunting meat and mats.

Had a guy on his waifu type ferociously at me with likely, cheetoh dust on his hands, yell at me to get out.

I then asked him to stop ruining keyboard with said cheetoh dust.

He went quiet.

Ah...such lulz.

SEGA dun fucked it up! But when they do! I get a good laugh out of it!

🙂

I ended up making a post about the giga meme de-spawn too, but I'll chime in here with the same post so it's all contained with other player feed back

As it stands, the amount of time it takes to get 32 players that are willing to sit around and wait for a giga to spawn is a big investment for each one involved. 30 minutes to 3 hours is a big investment for them to all sit and wait, and quite often the case before this patch we're waiting on (6/24) you'd see a team of 32, level 20, blight shot and elemental coverage teams trip the giga, nearly kill it and "the rain stops" so it just poofs after 30 seconds to 3 minutes.

This is something I'm sure the community can agree is not right, nor does that sound inviting to get your casual or new-to-game friends to come sit with you 3 hours to "maybe" kill something... IF you have the right team load out

While this is nice and all they are "removing the short meme timers because oops our bad", this wont help when time passes (a month lets say) if less than 32 people a room are trying for gigas. even with more time, if the gigas still de-spawn, even when they are mid combat getting hit, it's still gonna piss people off.

I hope if they are adding future content they take player feed back into account, and remember how the community felt about the current released giga's de-spawn and meme timer that they are fixing (wasting some up time of the game, for something that should have been tested to see if it worked right in the first place). so that in the future they might think to test these things before making the community beta test their game for them

Do the devs expect all players to sit there, staring at the monitor waiting for hours for this shit to spawn?

Seriously I for one do not have this kind of time to waste. I have tried waited for few hours for it not to spawn (no storm). And when it finally spawned, most people in the room left and the rest couldn't kill it.

Just make it a 32 players instanced raid instead. /smh Please SEGA, stop making us waste time on this kind of shitty spawn timer.