Gigantix content is obnoxiously absurd

Resurgir without Fixa is very affordable too, I guess sitting on our butts looking pretty is the actual way Sega wants us to play. XD

What Gigantix needs, according to the info we have at the moment:

1. Once spawned, it needs to stay for at least X minutes, and maintain the storm until the time is up or until it is dead. People shouldn't see the start of the storm, teleport near the Gigantix, enter the fight, then 30 seconds later the storm ends.
  2. It needs to ignore the number of players who are level 19 and below, in its scaling, so lower level players are not told to leave the zone immediately when a storm occurs.
  3. Chat command to change class loadout needs to be fixed and working in the open world, just so we don't have to weigh on the risk of wasting precious seconds against a possible Gigantix fight versus the benefit of being able to level up a new class, be it as main class or as subclass (e.g. when doing dailies and feeding that EXP to a lower level class).

I don't mind the difficulty, and as YouTube and Twitter is showing, a lot of people have killed the Gigantix so there's no doubt currnet gear is enough. But it's the non-combat problems plaguing this game that exacerbates the obstacles in fighting the Gigantix. These problems should be fixed.

Which is why I keep saying, NGS is in early-access/kickstart state. It's sad that this is the norm in the industry.

@AngryRhombus563 said in Gigantix content is obnoxiously absurd:

@Hotaru251 People are getting hostile based on lvl 20 or not now. They really needed to listen to us during CBT about this, but they did absolutely nothing and the outcome is exactly the same "GTFO non-max-levels".

my quote was to the gathering bit.

issue wasnt the lack of gathering it was the lack of materials to gather that daily required.

@kztm Again, I full agree with your post. Our alliance has taken down 2 now, both times wasn't too bad...the third time it de-spawned very quickly which again, shows there is a problem and the fact the loot table is just really bad too which doesn't help the situation.

@kztm said in Gigantix content is obnoxiously absurd:

1. It needs to ignore the number of players who are level 19 and below, in its scaling, so lower level players are not told to leave the zone immediately when a storm occurs.

This change wouldn't matter much to be honest. First thing I do when I log in every day is my route to hit mineral nodes and green boxes and if a gigantax spawned in one of those areas I would be in the zone but still wouldn't waste the time to go fight it even though I'm at lvl 20.

As for the people crying "leave the zone," all I can say is they are SoL. It's bad game design on Sega's part. People need to be in those zones to farm augments/resources for their gear and nobody should ever have the right to tell someone they have to leave a zone so they and their friends/alliance/whatever will have a "chance" at possibly beating a gigantix.

The fight would have been better off as having been a UQ scaled to 1400 BP that you have to que for instead to give a reason to actually upgrade your gear all the way(which the game doesn't have at all atm).

@Ravness01 said in Gigantix content is obnoxiously absurd:

@kztm said in Gigantix content is obnoxiously absurd:

1. It needs to ignore the number of players who are level 19 and below, in its scaling, so lower level players are not told to leave the zone immediately when a storm occurs.

This change wouldn't matter much to be honest. First thing I do when I log in every day is my route to hit mineral nodes and green boxes and if a gigantax spawned in one of those areas I would be in the zone but still wouldn't waste the time to go fight it even though I'm at lvl 20.

As for the people crying "leave the zone," all I can say is they are SoL. It's bad game design on Sega's part. People need to be in those zones to farm augments/resources for their gear and nobody should ever have the right to tell someone they have to leave a zone so they and their friends/alliance/whatever will have a "chance" at possibly beating a gigantix.

The fight would have been better off as having been a UQ scaled to 1400 BP that you have to que for instead to give a reason to actually upgrade your gear all the way(which the game doesn't have at all atm).

I agree with everything except the 1400 BP, thats a bit excessive for the current content available, 1300BP is more reasonable and is a lot more accessible than 1400 right now, that would gate a huge amount of players from that content which wouldn't solve the problems.

There's also a lesser mentality I'm seeing go around about classes. Everyone's so focused on optimal DPS that even in JP they're lamenting that only a bunch of Fighters are definitive for hauling a Gigantix, so some classes like Ranger are getting disparaged for it.

I'm fine with the World Boss approach over an UQ, but I do think it should be scaled back/strength be generated differently (IE: If there's at least 10 players at max level, it's this strength and so on over just taking things) and storms should be a set amount if it storms at the least. A number of times we got really close, but lost as we just got cursed with a really short storm.

It'd also be nice if fuller blocks, maybe also accounting for a certain amount of people at a higher level increased the chance of a storm/spawn.

Finally, due to how blocks and things work, it shouldn't require literally the entire zone to essentially be good to go with max levels. I've seen some people be overly rude to users who were just there to quest (And at the same time, some do come just to troll and don't care) and it shouldn't be harsh with its requirements.

@Pariah-Chan said in Gigantix content is obnoxiously absurd:

It’s time for an actual community to rise up in this game, or the elitism will literally push ppl away otherwise. Imagine just starting the game and told to leave the literal area the game wants you in?

It’s like roving packs of bullies dictating how to play the game now. 😕

Honestly, this is one of my biggest worries with future content due to Battle Power because I feel like it's going to encourage a lot of people to start bullying players for not min-maxing as much as possible even if they have decent gear 😕

This content complaint reminds me a lot of the baldesion arsenal(BA) debacle in FF14. They implemented a public zone that could fit a bunch of people, and then there was BA, this difficult dungeon inside the public zone that would open up every once in a while where there were a finite number of portals that would open, and they were first come first serve. So you had this content that took place in a public zone, but was hard enough that people wanted to group for it but had no way of forming their own guaranteed groups for it, and it ended up causing a lot of harassment of the casuals/randos who would click on a portal and lock someone else out, because the people forming a group for it felt like they owned it.

The next expansion, they reworked some systems so that when they made the next evolution of that, the unlock of the hard dungeon was inside of the public zone, but then it was just something you could form a giant premade group for and explicitly queue for. Would be nice if NGS found a way to let you easily make a gigantix waiting room, like a password protected zone with an item to force the weather or something (like PSO2 enemy triggers), with some sort of cooldown. Or alternately, just make the requirements to actually kill it not so strict.

I really wonder what's gonna happen to gigantix at level 35, when the new region comes out. Was gigantix just content that was released before it should've been in game, or when the 35 zone hits can we expect to see a level 39 gigantix appear in the new zones too?

A friend of mine is saying on the JP news Sega said they screwed up the weather and its supposed to go on longer. We can assume the same for global.

@Hatsodoom That kinder makes some sense because I've seen the times for this event to be literally all over the place, that being said - it still doesn't help if you are solo and nobody is around to help no matter how much time you have.

As I think everyone said and agrees, this content sounds great on paper but its implementation just doesn't work.

EE6893BB-2D2D-430B-8BB8-D5AB9CF6746E.jpeg

It’s definitely getting fixed. Feels like we’re attacking ghosts currently. XD

@Pariah-Chan Man they had since Second JP CBT followed by global CBT where EVERYONE told them it was too short to fix that before launch. Wtf were they doing the whole time? Preparing scratch content? xD

@AngryRhombus563 said in Gigantix content is obnoxiously absurd:

@Pariah-Chan Man they had since Second JP CBT followed by global CBT where EVERYONE told them it was too short to fix that before launch. Wtf were they doing the whole time? Preparing scratch content? xD

Afaik the level cap in all betas was 15 at most, so if they didn't scale the gigantix down to 19 in the beta (which they very well may have, I'm unsure) everyone would've had the level gap damage penalties preventing it from being killed, and SEGA might've just shrugged and went "oh well, they obviously can't beat it at level 15, they'll be able to at 20 probably, don't worry about it". Or alternately, it's working as intended and they just didn't expect as much backlash and are covering their butts with claiming it's unintended.

The CBTs were kind of limited in what it seems SEGA actually cared to test, like how the prologue had multiple buggy quests because they weren't included in the betas at all.

@Amari-Kigu I've been in a lobby for 5 hours now... At this point I don't even want the drops I just wanna see how long it takes for a storm to appear.