Update on XBox Game Pass Ultimate Perks

https://pso2.com/news/announcements/gamepassupdate

The short of it is that the original Game Pass Perk bundle should be able to be claimed by those who put in their codes previously and didn't get the items, and that the Perk will be active again on March 31st for anyone who did not claim it, but the items that come in the perk bundle will be different.

So, I'm trying to understand the reasoning behind the explanation of "ensuring the in-game economy is healthy". Removing the 1M meseta doesn't really do anything considering I have a weekly mission right now that gives me 1M as well. That extra week jump for some players wouldn't have that big an impact, especially when players with two alts could get 3M per week.

That leads me to believe it has more to do with the Premium Set than anything else. Which wouldn't equate to "in-game" economy but rather the fact that Premium Sets are normally 1,500 AC for 30-days and that was a HUGE benefit to be giving away with an essentially free subscription. Though with 500 AC from this pack and 500 AC from the CBT, most players could be 2/3rds of the way to a premium set already for free, so it's also not that big of deal.

Just trying to wrap my head around what economy would have been so earth shatteringly altered that they're willing to risk the overall negative response this is sure to garner.

A free Premium pass also means that those AC scratch tickets could be immediately used and sold, thus flooding the market, and then allowing people who have millions of meseta from the 1mil meseta tickets to purchase stuff up and inflate the prices.

@AndrlCh said in Update on XBox Game Pass Ultimate Perks:

A free Premium pass also means that those AC scratch tickets could be immediately used and sold, thus flooding the market, and then allowing people who have millions of meseta from the 1mil meseta tickets to purchase stuff up and inflate the prices.

Ahh. I guess I can see that somewhat. What does the Premium Set do in regards to AC Scratch? Can you not use them if you don't have it. Or just that since they have Premium they have the ability to sell the items?

@kliqIMB It's the ability to sell the prizes. Without the frre Premium, you have to either spend AC to activate your Shop or hope to RNGsus to give you a Shop Pass from the FUN Scratch.

@kliqIMB It's the ability to sell them.

Gotcha gotcha. Makes sense then to a degree. Even still though. How much of the market can you control with just 12 tickets? You'd have to get pretty lucky on your drops. But I suppose that some Ship has to already have a mildly collapsing economy or they wouldn't have pulled the trigger.

@kliqIMB People were using multiple perk codes on one account and that's why they had to take it down in the first place.

@kliqIMB People were using multiple perk codes on one account and that's why they had to take it down in the first place.

Oh, WHAT. Well, yeah, that's just abusing the system at that point.

Oof, I was upset about the Premium going (though, I have two from buying both Founder's Packs) but now I understand why. It's a shame people abused it like that 😞 I do think I like most of the new rewards better anyway (and to be honest, I mainly use the premium for the My Room upgrades and storage), but it's a shame it came to that and got so messy in the first place.

I did wonder why prices were so high right off the bat.