Game closing itself on loading portal

Ever since the big update, I haven't been able to get into the game at all. I get to the login screen, pick the character, the loading portal screen appears for a split second, then the game just closes itself. No error message or anything. The notification window in the bottom-right appears, the portal animation goes for a couple frames, then it crashes before the fade-in even finishes.

I passed the benchmark on medium-high settings well enough. Yet even with graphics turned all the way down, I can't get past this loading screen in the real game.

alt text

Actually, I did manage to get past this screen when I first started, once. I believe I set the graphics settings on high when the launcher started (idk how to even get this to appear again). I got through the first part of the intro (up to the first dialogue option) but not much further than that. Even starting over with another character, I couldn't reach this part again.

I updated my graphics drivers. Verified the files through Steam (which ended up redownloading 80GB of stuff....). Turned all the graphics settings down to 0, stuck it in windowed mode.

I'm at the end of my rope here. Stuff in my visiphone is expiring (which I can't reach because I can't start old PSO2 without starting NGS first...). I just don't know what to do anymore. To top it off, like nobody else seems to be having this problem...

Try deleting or moving the SEGA folder.

. . .

Good god almighty. That actually worked. I don't know why but it did. Incredible. THANK YOU.

If only I knew about that sooner, maybe I could've gotten to those visiphone items in time. Byebye king/queen Rappy suits. 😞