Gigantix Issues

@Ezodagrom

The problem is that revives are extremely cheap. Even dead people stay on the ground for 0.5 second at most due to how easy and no commitment reviving is. You can see it from some webms of the first clears, where people would die in droves but it didn't matter since holding Julien made back all that DPS. It's just another case of PSO2, now NGS, needing mechanics like DPS checks or death counter because it becomes too hard to actually reach a full MPA/party wipe condition.

I dont particularly mind timer challenges (given that without starving players of heals and/or revives this is the only way to have a fail condition for normal combat), as long as they aren't too tight.

Just making Gigantix stay spawned forever kinda ruins the fun (IMO), I think a better way to handle that would be to have the Gigantix stay spawned after the storm ends but change in some way. Maybe their drops change or the fight becomes harder? It keeps the challenge of the time limit but doesn't result in a complete and absolute waste of time if you can't meet the tight timer.

But I'd still prefer just having thunderstorms not be a random duration instead. The fight itself is (probably) fine as-is, it's just everything surrounding it that's awful.

Just make storms last 5 minutes no matter what. Making it random is dumb.

@LusterMain Personally I don't find strict time limits fun at all, I like fighting difficult fights even if they take a long time, a strict time limit is, in my opinion, the worst type of boss fight difficulty, since it's just arbitrary, it's an "you can't fight anymore because we say so" kind of restriction.

Though I agree with a time limit affecting the drops, not the quality of the drops, but maybe the quantity? (Like, 2 or 3 extra drops from defeating the boss while the thunderstorm is still on-going?).

Would be better that way.

@XenoBladeX37645 Waiting around, afk'ing (and tbh there isn't much else to do atm except grind 3 combat zones) for an hour or more for RNG conditions to spawn a boss which would be up for an RNG time limit is something MMO players did 8, 10, 12, 15 years ago. Why are we still doing that now? It isn't fun, it isn't interactive, it isn't gameplay.

I disagree with your statement, it would be a mistake or a mishap if the genre was new, if there weren't textbook examples to learn from. But there are. Dozens and dozens of MMO's to learn from. This is just repeating the same shit with a different coat of paint.

@BrokeSadMillennial said in Gigantix Issues:

@XenoBladeX37645 Waiting around, afk'ing (and tbh there isn't much else to do atm except grind 3 combat zones) for an hour or more for RNG conditions to spawn a boss which would be up for an RNG time limit is something MMO players did 8, 10, 12, 15 years ago. Why are we still doing that now? It isn't fun, it isn't interactive, it isn't gameplay.

I disagree with your statement, it would be a mistake or a mishap if the genre was new, if there weren't textbook examples to learn from. But there are. Dozens and dozens of MMO's to learn from. This is just repeating the same shit with a different coat of paint.

Were dealing with human beings here who are naturally prone to making mistakes. Chill tf out dude and play something else if this upsets you so much.

This is OPTIONAL content

@Ezodagrom

The timer right now is just too strict (I'm not a fan of strict time limits either). Apparently storms last anywhere from 3-6 minutes (although I've heard they can actually be even as short as 90 seconds). I don't have experience (yet) with around how much time would be the sweet spot of presenting an actually plausible fail condition while not just being anti-fun, but I think that at the very least it should be changed so we always get the full 6 minute duration on thunderstorms to start, to see how reasonable that timer is.

@LusterMain Hmm, other than the gigantix boss fights, from a visual standpoint, changing weather effects so quickly is also not very visually pleasing, I think weather effects in general should have a longer minimum duration as well (maybe 6 minutes to start with as you say).

@XenoBladeX37645 I'm just expressing my thoughts and opinions which I'm very well within my right to do so as it is a forum. If you don't like what I have to say you do not have to respond or reply to me. And as you can see with this very thread's existence, there are other players who find issue with this game design.

So please do not tell me to chill the eff out, I wasn't insulting you, I wasn't directly insulting Sega, I was making a generalization and an observation on the genre as a whole. If you cannot have a civil discourse with me then I will just block you.

Edit: Blocked

@BrokeSadMillennial said in Gigantix Issues:

@XenoBladeX37645 I'm just expressing my thoughts and opinions which I'm very well within my right to do so as it is a forum. If you don't like what I have to say you do not have to respond or reply to me. And as you can see with this very thread's existence, there are other players who find issue with this game design.

So please do not tell me to chill the eff out, I wasn't insulting you, I wasn't directly insulting Sega, I was making a generalization and an observation on the genre as a whole. If you cannot have a civil discourse with me then I will just block you.

Wait what? Who here wasn't being civil? I simply said to calm down which is a very civil thing to say. Are you ok dude?

@LusterMain said in Gigantix Issues:

@FoolsArcana

People have been able to kill them.

Mostly RMTS to sell drops to players, yes.

Lulz.

I killed one. Got lucky and it was a longer thunderstorm.

@Amherst-Wind said in Gigantix Issues:

Don't worry about it anyway, the Gigantix system will be changed during next maintenance, I doubt sega will want to admit just how badly conceived it was by performing an emergency maintenance before then but you never know. The real question is will they take time and effort to address the problems, making storms last longer, fixing spawn locations so you don't lose time just getting to them... or will they just nerf HP and leave it at that. I know what I'd bet on.

We didn't design the content poorly it was just... uhh... Bug, yeah. A bug. Like the gathering resets being too slow, making gathering dailies impossible, even tho right before release we told everyone that the system is fine, and doesn't need tweaks. Or how we had a note about ac and sg exporting after a year in the player guide, but when it actualy expired for people who played on xbox open beta and came back for ngs it was a bug. Yes, it's not that we got no idea how to design intertwined systems, it's all bugs.

@Weirdo said in Gigantix Issues:

And you have to ask anyone under level 20 to leave if you want to beat it.

Ask? Thats a mild way to put it lol.

I seen people under 20 screamed out, even called leeches.

This content is bad game design with no thought put into it, that simple.