Gigantix Issues

@IzzyData said in Gigantix Issues:

They didn't really think through New Genesis at all did they?

Unfortunately It's Sega. Thinking things through apparently isn't their Strong suit...

They increase the storm duration like everyone wanted and people STILL aren't happy. And folks wonder why Sega sees global as the secondary concern. Geez..

People aren't happy cause storm duration was merely a kick in the balls after you've waited out 2 hours doing nothing but waiting for the weather. Gigantix was never such a great mechanic, it's not bad if it's just side content you should be able to do if you're lucky to get it and balanced so you can do it without sweaty camping, but it released at horrible timing where people were waiting for the main dish content, and it absolutely sucks to wait for Gigantix. This is further exacerbated by how fighting bosses that might as well OHKO your ass and demand DPS feels like something that's supposed to be the endgame for fully grinded out level 20 players, and currently the only other open world content is all level 15 and below for some reason.

@Hooonter I mean, you're suppose to have upgraded gear to fight it. This wasn't designed for fresh level 20s that haven't grinded any gear from what I'm seeing. But now that Sega did as people asked there's complaints now that the content is too easy

There wasn't a problem with players. People ran premades that just barely killed some bosses on the 3 minute timer while poopsocking and abusing Julien. It wasn't impossible but it was completely unreasonable to have a 3 minute kill timer especially considering the content should have never ever required people to idle in wait so they can have a headstart on DPS. The as decent as you can expect from random gathering of 32 people groups could kill these bosses in 4 minutes , but were completely fucked over because the arbitrary timer that was 3 minutes long with super RNG extensions into 6m/9m if you roll into another storm when the previous one ends, and those groups often abused termina and DS in some capacity which are bugs.

The content isn't even too easy. You have full MPAs of level 20 wielding at least decent gear at worst clearing it easily and it should stay this way, because you need leeway for Gigantix to work when people won't want to camp these in full groups and instead will at most haphazardly gather for the fight.

@XenoBladeX37645 The only real problem now is the handling of people that cant do any damage due to ignoring the whole BP model with pointless level requirements. its possible to have around 1400bp at lvl 18. they need to eliminate the level check and instead use a bp check to determind whether attacks get defended against.

They need to go in, calculate the BP one could possibly have at a given level, and use that chosen bp cutoff for can-damage determination. This will also ensure that people at the required 1184 bp can damage the UQ bosses.

Until they do something about the current damage level situation theres always going to be situations where those people are going to be arbitratily making these gigantix stronger than they need to be, and that can lead to failed kill attempts even with the fixed weather. preferably they should just add that tier 2 exploration zone with that bp requirement and move gigantix there with that elimination of level checks.

@AngryRhombus563 said in Gigantix Issues:

@XenoBladeX37645 The only real problem now is the handling of people that cant do any damage due to ignoring the whole BP model with pointless level requirements. its possible to have around 1400bp at lvl 18. they need to eliminate the level check and instead use a bp check to determind whether attacks get defended against.

They need to go in, calculate the BP one could possibly have at a given level, and use that chosen bp cutoff for can-damage determination. This will also ensure that people at the required 1184 bp can damage the UQ bosses.

Until they do something about the current damage level situation theres always going to be situations where those people are going to be arbitratily making these gigantix stronger than they need to be, and that can lead to failed kill attempts even with the fixed weather. preferably they should just add that tier 2 exploration zone with that bp requirement and move gigantix there with that elimination of level checks.

I'd say put this in the suggestions tab. Seems like the best spot for it

@XenoBladeX37645 I really shouldnt need to suggest too strongly thst they actually use the system of calculating player capability they developed for ngs. Its their own oversight its not a thing already.

@AngryRhombus563 If you want it to change say something to them. This isn't about what you should or shouldn't have to do.

Frankly if it doesn't change you and everyone else are part of the blame cause you feel "you shouldn't have to suggest it". I really don't understand people sometimes

@XenoBladeX37645 They'll get it from here.

I just waited over an hour for the second time and Gigantix didn't spawn a single time. Then I checked the drops and outside of the augments the weapons are maybe a 1-2% upgrade to existing stuff while also lowering your survivabilty and the units are very questionable aswell.

Also, Xeno your way of arguing is just stupid as hell. First of all, they claimed the short duration was a bug, so them fixing it was their own intention always. The overall content/encounter is just so poorly designed that even though you have enough time to kill it, people complain. Why? Because it is bad content. When people suggest this should have been a new UQ, you know you fuck up, because the UQ=main content design was always very questionable and in my opinion pure garbage. There is also no strategy involved, just make sure there aren't many <20lvl players around. Everytime the boss stomps the ground you see 10 dead people, but it doesn't really matter. Make this boss part of a new cocoon and give it 2 difficulty settings, so it feels more like an mmo. You can then either make it challenging by not giving additional healing items or simply a timer (dps check, but easier to balance because 4-8player content). People wouldn't need to wait to play the game, could adjust the difficulty to their likeling/gear and fucking play the game.

@Yui2387 said in Gigantix Issues:

I just waited over an hour for the second time and Gigantix didn't spawn a single time. Then I checked the drops and outside of the augments the weapons are maybe a 1-2% upgrade to existing stuff while also lowering your survivabilty and the units are very questionable aswell.

Also, Xeno your way of arguing is just stupid as hell. First of all, they claimed the short duration was a bug, so them fixing it was their own intention always. The overall content/encounter is just so poorly designed that even though you have enough time to kill it, people complain. Why? Because it is bad content. When people suggest this should have been a new UQ, you know you fuck up, because the UQ=main content design was always very questionable and in my opinion pure garbage. There is also no strategy involved, just make sure there aren't many <20lvl players around. Everytime the boss stomps the ground you see 10 dead people, but it doesn't really matter. Make this boss part of a new cocoon and give it 2 difficulty settings, so it feels more like an mmo. You can then either make it challenging by not giving additional healing items or simply a timer (dps check, but easier to balance because 4-8player content). People wouldn't need to wait to play the game, could adjust the difficulty to their likeling/gear and fucking play the game.

You may feel what I'm saying is stupid and you have the right to feel that way. All I'm seeing is people complain about content you don't have to do. Is it perfect? Not at all. But again, sitting around complaining does nothing. Put what you want to see changed in the suggestions tab and find something better to do with your time.

just like certain monsters only appear under certain conditions in namco's tales of vesperia so it is with the gigantix

@TURION-MOONSTAR said in Gigantix Issues:

certain monsters only appear under certain conditions in namco's tales of vesperia

Of course you can just fly Ba'ul in and out of the area to force the weather to change, and once you do it'll generally stay that way until you get what you need at your leisure.

It feels like they dropped boss fights without the level 25 cap. (Which will probably be announced on the livestream.)

I don't understand why they'd drop some level 24 mob in an area where >level 20s can enter without knowing the boss requirements.

Is it just a placeholder test for a new second area?