Gigantix Issues

@DoubleMoonkin Regarding the actual duration of the time to kill him, it doesn't help in the slightest. That is other issues entirely. How many of those 32 players are level 20? How many of those level 20 players have upgraded gear/augments, maxed out skill trees? Decent class combos, know how to play the class they are playing? There are definitely other issues present from what I've been reading so far this morning. But it's an indicator, hopefully, that can help people time group ups and hopefully get an advantage in building a mostly level 20 populated zone. If it is indeed an actual indicator and this knowledge is widespread (Cause i'll admit I pay no attention to those lizards when i'm running around). It's a tool that can be utilized to prepare for what would hopefully be a more successful attempt in what is currently more-so just waiting around for 2 hours apparently?

Realistically though, I don't think it's too much to ask for a simple UI element or NPC to tell us the weather for a 2 hour period of time instead of having to pay attention to little trash mobs.

Do they drop any interesting weapon camo or cosmetics? SGs perhaps? If the answer is no then you can just ignore this content if you feel that getting into it is kind of a hassle.

@Ryoga

Limited-time tasks for killing a total of 5 Gigantix award 50 SG.

Gigantix also drop 2% potency (All?) augments and new armor and weapons.

@Ryoga Ignoring content in a game as absolutely barren of content as NGS is... that's probably not something to be suggesting.

Actually no, that's an excellent suggestion.

What better way to say "we don't like this/don't like the way this currently is" than by simply not doing it?

True, I imagine sega will see numbers of people fighting Gigantix (and even less beating them) will drop off a cliff after a few days once people get tired of the pure tedium of doing it...

At that point we just have to hope the same happens on JP servers so the devs actually care and do something about it!

@ThirdChild-ZKI @Amherst-Wind

The only data we know they have is how many Gigantix have been killed. If true, they could very easily get the wrong message from everyone silently deciding to not try. Letting SEGA know the reason why the kill count is so low is still important.

@LusterMain said in Gigantix Issues:

Limited-time tasks for killing a total of 5 Gigantix award 50 SG.

Good, so it's worth doing at least 5 of them.

@LusterMain said in Gigantix Issues:

Gigantix also drop 2% potency (All?) augments and new armor and weapons.

Nothing worth stressing out over. Knowing the devs. the power boost is going to be neglectable and it's going to get power creeped soon enough.

@Amherst-Wind said in Gigantix Issues:

Ignoring content in a game as absolutely barren of content as NGS is... that's probably not something to be suggesting.

The content is not really any different than fighting some of the veteran enemies except this one is more annoying to access. I would have been more excited about them adding some replay value to e.g. the towers.

No need to wait for JP to act on it. That is unless we're willing to somehow accept the wildly untrue and self-detrimental idea that we [the Global audience] are somehow inferior to or lesser valued than the JP audience. . . which if it were true would be an entirely separate issue altogether.

And yes, nothing beats direct communication, at least as far as being heard. This doesn't mean immediate fixes or completely rolling over on the devs part to satisfy players, but ways to be heard - like this very one we're typing on now - have been offered, and we definitely should use them.

Personally, the random spawns and durations of the spawns don't make it all that appealing to me, and the (unsurprising) ways the community has both come together and fallen apart because of the content remind me all too much of content in other games I was just as disinterested in. I don't hate NGS, just to clarify, I actually like it quite a lot. But this particular bit of content - and what it's brought out in people - currently disinterests me.

@Ryoga

The issue isn't just being annoying to access, but annoying to try to defeat at all. As it stands right now, even skilled players with the best possible gear can't beat it consistently, because of multiple things that are out of their control.

• Anyone being in the sector will scale the boss higher
  • (But) Only level 20 players can contribute to the fight
  • Thunderstorms last a random amount of time

Regardless of what the rewards are, any content that even top players can't beat consistently should be tweaked.

Perfection is a state of being no human can obtain, try as one might.

Don't worry about it anyway, the Gigantix system will be changed during next maintenance, I doubt sega will want to admit just how badly conceived it was by performing an emergency maintenance before then but you never know. The real question is will they take time and effort to address the problems, making storms last longer, fixing spawn locations so you don't lose time just getting to them... or will they just nerf HP and leave it at that. I know what I'd bet on.

When you thought UQs are bad content, Sega is one step ahead.

@ThirdChild-ZKI said in Gigantix Issues:

No need to wait for JP to act on it. That is unless we're willing to somehow accept the wildly untrue and self-detrimental idea that we [the Global audience] are somehow inferior to or lesser valued than the JP audience. . . which if it were true would be an entirely separate issue altogether.

If you played this series since PSO you'd know how actually real the fact that they treat their non Japanese playerbase as second rate is.

@Yui2387 said in Gigantix Issues:

When you thought UQs are bad content, Sega is one step ahead.

What if we made UQs but there is no announcement at all and it happens somewhere random in the game world plus no BP requirements needed to participate but the Boss does scale based on amount of players plus it despawns in 2 seconds.

I think with the outcry of this Sega will steer away from giving us difficult content