Gigantix Issues

5+ hours to address a specific problem that occurred after the weekly 5 hour scheduled maintenance because they clearly didn't beta test the implementation. That's gold.

@XxNaHtExX said in Gigantix Issues:

5+ hours to address a specific problem that occurred after the weekly 5 hour scheduled maintenance because they clearly didn't beta test the implementation. That's gold.

Free to play. Qq.

@Cult

I figured this would be the next response. I'm glad I wasn't disappointed.

I've been investing in this game via premium subscription since it's NA launch. Clearly, Sega would have little to no interest releasing NGS without the temptation of profit. Thus, all profits made from the base game were without a doubt a driving motivation.

Now let's be real here. What we've received here isn't a complete product, nor was it properly tested prior to release. I'm not going to write an essay, but if you were to say you're pleased with the way things have been going, I don't know that I'd believe you.

Also, don't be afraid to support a project you invest heavily in time-wise. But when problem after problem occurs, it's difficult to justify continuation of funding. I don't believe in any way I'm in the wrong for my less than pleasant experience thus far.

@Cult

I've been investing in this game via premium subscription since it's NA launch. Clearly, Sega would have little to no interest releasing NGS without the temptation of profit. Thus, all profits made from the base game were without a doubt a driving motivation.

Now let's be real here. What we've received here isn't a complete product, nor was it properly tested prior to release. I'm not going to write an essay, but if you were to say you're pleased with the way things have been going, I don't know that I'd believe you.

Also, don't be afraid to support a project you invest heavily in time-wise. But when problem after problem occurs, it's difficult to justify continuation of funding. I don't believe in any way I'm in the wrong for my less than pleasant experience thus far.

Problem after problem? A weather issue that was fixed in 2 days? Besides the launch lag, everything else has been great. Gigantics even with the weather were great. Countless 32 man groups. Good gear. Easy to farm. Can grind all day or an hour. If it’s not that pleasant for you then take a break. Play Genshin. Play FFXIV. Play anything else. You’re not forced to buy premium. You’re not forced to do any of that. It’s a new game. You knew well in advance how it would be. Content wise it’s exactly what they said it would. Down to the cap. The scratches. The announcements. Gignantics update.

Shit happens. Base PSO 2 had far worse issues than this has had so far minus that first week. Nothing that severe has happened besides the first week. They didn’t wait til next week to do this maintenance like they could have either. They’re fixing it now. Shit takes times. It’s also GLOBAL. Things have to come out all at once. Between 2 countries blah blah blah. It’s not even to say the fault is with the NA side either.

PSO 2 lasted 10 years. They’re doing something right.

@LusterMain said in Gigantix Issues:

calling everything a bug

Calling thing bugs helps it seem like they didn't wilfully design things like this. Whether it is an actual bug or not is anyone's guess.

I mean...we really don't know that

@Cult said in Gigantix Issues:

@Cult

Problem after problem? A weather issue that was fixed in 2 days? Besides the launch lag, everything else has been great. Gigantics even with the weather were great. Countless 32 man groups. Good gear. Easy to farm. Can grind all day or an hour. If it’s not that pleasant for you then take a break. Play Genshin. Play FFXIV. Play anything else. You’re not forced to buy premium. You’re not forced to do any of that. It’s a new game. You knew well in advance how it would be. Content wise it’s exactly what they said it would. Down to the cap. The scratches. The announcements. Gignantics update.

Shit happens. Base PSO 2 had far worse issues than this has had so far minus that first week. Nothing that severe has happened besides the first week. They didn’t wait til next week to do this maintenance like they could have either. They’re fixing it now. Shit takes times. It’s also GLOBAL. Things have to come out all at once. Between 2 countries blah blah blah. It’s not even to say the fault is with the NA side either.

Launch lag that apparently didn't occur on the JP servers (admittedly can't confirm, as I don't play on JP).

PSO2 -> NGS models appearing incorrectly upon initial load. In other words, my character doesn't load properly for others, and theirs don't load properly for myself. The issue corrects itself, but is still present.

Scratch banner not appearing properly for the Xbox One version: https://ngs.pso2.com/news/announcements/announcement202106222 Which resulted in the temporary suspension of the Soldier Line ac scratcher.

Game my crash when opening "My Recipes" from the food stand: https://ngs.pso2.com/news/announcements/announcement20210624

Game may crash when waypoint is placed on the world map: https://ngs.pso2.com/news/announcements/announcement202106242

Multiple material items being selected when accessing a region mag: https://ngs.pso2.com/news/announcements/announcement202106231

Meseta loss from simply leveling a class or moving throughout the game world.

https://ngs.pso2.com/ Under "Featured Headlines" shows everything.

That's what I meant by problem after problem.

I'm not going to argue with you. I encourage them to fix the problems, and add everything to the menus that remains grayed out upon finishing the current quests. I enjoy the game itself, but there's no need to act like it's okay.

Gigantix uses proximity to scale in real time

Be sure to share your experiences with the post-maint storm durations.

And yes, I do understand why the joke or assumption about them calling everything a bug would be made, what I don't understand is why people are making a big deal about it.

@Cult said in Gigantix Issues:

@Cult

Launch lag that apparently didn't occur on the JP servers (admittedly can't confirm, as I don't play on JP).

PSO2 -> NGS models appearing incorrectly upon initial load. In other words, my character doesn't load properly for others, and theirs don't load properly for myself. The issue corrects itself, but is still present.

Scratch banner not appearing properly for the Xbox One version: https://ngs.pso2.com/news/announcements/announcement202106222 Which resulted in the temporary suspension of the Soldier Line ac scratcher.

Game my crash when opening "My Recipes" from the food stand: https://ngs.pso2.com/news/announcements/announcement20210624

Game may crash when waypoint is placed on the world map: https://ngs.pso2.com/news/announcements/announcement202106242

Multiple material items being selected when accessing a region mag: https://ngs.pso2.com/news/announcements/announcement202106231

Meseta loss from simply leveling a class or moving throughout the game world.

https://ngs.pso2.com/ Under "Featured Headlines" shows everything.

That's what I meant by problem after problem.

I'm not going to argue with you. I encourage them to fix the problems, and add everything to the menus that remains grayed out upon finishing the current quests. I enjoy the game itself, but there's no need to act like it's okay.

There is also a bug where the wrong veteran spawns on Kanai Isle. Veteran Varas spawns when it should be Veteran Nex Aileo. This is also a global only issue.

53D5D55D-8B8B-47E7-964B-05E280D26170.png

It was beta tested, they disregarded the feedback. We’re reaching platinum at this rate. :3

@XxNaHtExX you forgot,

Game may crash when transferring between NGS and base PSO2 via Ryuker device.

PSE bursts bug out and boss wont spawn(also stopping any trials from spawning in the combat zone). Have had this happen about 4 times in the past couple of days.

Onscreen keyboard closes itself automatically when trying to enter password in personal shop on base PSO2.

I like the game, but it needed another 6 months in the oven before it should have went public.

@Ravness01 don’t worry, in six months they’ll cook up a desert with even more issues. XD

Not to mention lvl 39 Sandworm Gigantix. >;3

@Pariah-Chan I'll still play it, love me some PSO. In all honesty I feel the devs really did try and care about their game. The animations look good, the world looks good, the enemies look good. The streamlining, while admittedly did take getting used to, is for the better(in regards to augments, wish we had a couple more photon arts though).

For all the good in the game though I get the impression that the game was rushed out the door before it was ready. A lot of the "bugs" and what not would have been found by any QA tester that even bothered to log into the game and play it and could/should have been squashed then and there before the closed beta ever happened. The fact that the feedback from the closed beta players was largely ignored is saddening as well. I get for PSO JPN's opinion comes first and global are just the second class citizens that get the left overs, but come on... when you can't even level grind in a combat zone specifically for grinding xp because the PSE burst bugs out and prevents anything from spawning in said zone...that should be a high priority fix over making sure the next AC scratch releases on time, -.-".

Literally this game right now:

B11617CE-6D48-4F13-9C8A-FCF520575040.jpeg