Update: Emergency maint happened + player questions have been answered, so some listed issues have been clarified or eliminated, and some things have been edited to reflect this (mainly, first impressions and tone).
- Only level 20 players can contribute to the fight
Anyone being in the sector will scale the boss higherProximity is used.
- Exploration sectors are always public (mostly a non-issue due to proximity, but you still can't stop people who don't know/don't care/want to grief. some way to organize rooms or have a check would be ideal)
- Thunderstorms are
randomunpredictable (same time on both servers with offsets from maint)
- Thunderstorms last a random amount of time (Adjusted in maint - minimum time is no longer unreasonable)
Gigantix throw out oneshots constantly(Minimum time is no longer unreasonable) Gigantix have colossal health pools(Minimum time is no longer unreasonable)
So, currently, our endgame is waiting around for a thunderstorm to happen (which can take hours). While it would be interesting as side content or just to fill out the world with content in general, the big issue right now is that this is the main content. This kind of system is inherently bad for main content.
- Some way to separate lv20 from below, at least in scaling
- Make thunderstorms predictable.