NGS Headline - June 29

Guess this is what they are going to be calling the new NGS version of PSO2 Station

Announcement: https://pso2.jp/players/news/28064/

Stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEgOAVmlrT0

EDIT: ahh and they added global version

Announcement: https://ngs.pso2.com/news/media/pso2headline20210629

Stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUhNHfGadlE

Too bad pre-recorded, kind of miss the live PSO2 Station where they actually read comments. But haven't really had those since Covid

At least it’s more from the source. So wats covered is more to the point. :3

Bump - ETA 15mins

lmao, the global version got cut off. So pretty much confirmed Zutomayo collab is JP only.

Oof, one sided collabs already. 😕

@HarmlessSyan said in NGS Headline - June 29:

lmao, the global version got cut off. So pretty much confirmed Zutomayo collab is JP only.

A quick scan-through says it wasn't just that. The "SATELLITE information" segment at the end had more campaigns that weren't relevant to Global:

• WebMoney (payment option promotion?)
  • BitCash (payment option promotion?)
  • Physical goods from the NGS starter pack (on Global these are digital-only as mentioned in iirc Prologue 3)
  • A couple Zutomayo contents?

With all the money Microsoft is throwing to keep it exclusive on their platforms they couldn’t be bothered to work with Sega on getting Global some collabs as well???

It’s really disappointing

Glad to see they're doing a re-run on some popular PSO2 cosmetics so there's hope for people who want to grab them now that Cradle runs are basically dead. I hope to see more of those down the line.

Braver looked cool as usual. I did manage to pick up on Katana getting Sakura-Endo, Asagiri-Rendan and what looked like Gekka Zakuro (not sure on this one, it's been a while)? as PAs. Bow looks like it's getting Piercing Arrow back and I'm not sure what the other 2 PAs were. Final Nemesis being the PB for Bow is unsurprising. No sign of Banish Arrow from what I can tell though.

alt text

It's been a while since I've seen Japanese people be this negative about something.

@NotZyreth said in NGS Headline - June 29:

Glad to see they're doing a re-run on some popular PSO2 cosmetics so there's hope for people who want to grab them now that Cradle runs are basically dead. I hope to see more of those down the line.

This was one of the things that interested me. The video mentioned PSO2 spec and I think the hairstyles looked old-physique? But I'm curious how they'll work as items. Will they be NGS-tradable tickets that register the same emotes as the old PSO2 tickets, for instance? If not then that immediately devalues the scratch for whales because any bad pulls wouldn't be able to get them N-meseta and that might mean we see fewer enter circulation.

@Kamil118 said in NGS Headline - June 29:

It's been a while since I've seen Japanese people be this negative about something.

Interestingly the reverse observation was noted in one or two of the comments that I threw at Google Translate too:

​日本よりも海外の方がうれてそう

It seems that overseas people are more happy than Japan

It didn't translate clearly but there was some suggestion that most of the dislikes happened very early into the broadcast and as time passed more likes outweighed them.

At a very brief glance most of the complaints seemed to be about Gigantix spawns, things like:

雨乞いに戻ろう

Let's go back to begging for rain

Though there were also a few mentions of the visual bugs of how characters show to other people.

自キャラが他人の画面で巨体化・白色化するバグが蔓延しています。自然に直ることはありません。自分の画面ではわかりません。

The bug that your character becomes huge and white on the screen of another person is widespread. It will not heal naturally. I don't know on my screen.

@Kamil118 said in NGS Headline - June 29:

alt text

Good!

I hope the JPN are upset about the "content" too because maybe, just maybe, Sega will pivot and act.

There are things that Sega can do NOW to alleviate the issue. They already have the assets and layouts for cocoons and towers, they could utilize those for solo and group endless dungeons with leaderboards, with dungeon affixes (debuffs) the further in you go. This would pad the content and requires minimal development time because the assets, mobs, and environments are already created.

Asking for more money for scratches + $90 movements and only showing Braver coming in August is simply mind-blowing

@BrokeSadMillennial I feel if it wasn't clear already to Sega, their priority is still their Japanese playerbase so if these are the players who are upset it is very likely Sega will cater to them rather than to "us."

I do feel that we could have already had something like Divide Quests in a Cocoon format (revisiting areas from Oracle with their context removed, for example to fight waves of enemies), or perhaps even something like Warframe's Sanctuary Onslaught could be fun for rewards, loot, and experience as an alternative to the Combat Zones.

I saw they announced another Gigantix. But, did they announce any changes to how Gigantix work though? I'm going to take a wild guess and say they did not.

@Xaelon They will likely address that outside of these videos (like PSO2 Stations were in the past, this was effectively a "here's what you can expect for this month with a tease for the next month" commercial - or a video form of a part of the roadmap).

Ok looking good and a ok way to have filler content. 2 problems I see are 5he costumes and hairs. Male got 1 ok looking costume (butler) and one hair (the summer shark one). Looks like ngs fuck us harder that base. Second problem is there no outwear at all. Did they say the no longer do them or what's up? A bigger over all problem is that Japan getting a Zutomayo collab but we don't. So it safe to say collabs that are not for dragon ball/sword art online levels of popular things will never go to global?