90$ scratch bonuses seem to be the new norm.

https://ngs.pso2.com/catalog/ac-scratch-tickets/WeddingCelebration

Was looking at the newest scratch catalog and saw the glide motion was 90$.

I know it’s completely optional to buy stuff like that, but it feels kinda egregious whenever bonus items used to be for less pulls...

Like there’s a15$ premium subscription, optional storage increases buyable separately, rentable storage, a battle pass in August, a salon cost that’s separated between standard and color change, and even a new reroll system added with treasure shop.

I guess we’re lucky we can change anything in the salon without a pass. XD

At this rate I’m just going to use a stock Ash not posing to show my disdain. :3

167612E1-1341-4949-BFB6-6641D00D47F9.jpeg

Like this is wat it looks like to be a freemium player in NGS. ;3

Gotta milk it for all it's worth. Not because they need to, but because they can.

Like how much milking is too much milking? :3

Does anyone here think NGS is worth 90$ in its current state? 😕

Shame the bonus stuff can't be bought on the player shop.

Guess I'll be sticking with the rappy glide I got first week from player shop! Still sucks that glides are going to be behind those kind of pay walls. At least for now.

I’m waiting to see if a cool run animation is behind a 90$ paywall. Just seeing them set the tone for NGS currently. ;3

I mean, this is why I run around as a rappy 100% of the time. Can't give two shits about fashion if I'm a bird.

Seriously though, this game has so many overt cash grab mechanics it puts many cellphone games to shame. I find it very entertaining when people try to defend some of the more ridiculous aspects. Like salon passes, talent resets (and by that I mean, buying a page to shift it around with SG), and the newest one - market access. Cuz cutting off the bulk of your players from selling their goods (which is the only reliable money sink) makes for a healthy economy.

@Nasar said in 90$ scratch bonuses seem to be the new norm.:

I mean, this is why I run around as a rappy 100% of the time. Can't give two shits about fashion if I'm a bird.

Seriously though, this game has so much over cash grab mechanics it puts many cellphone games to shame. I find it very entertaining when people try to defend some of the more ridiculous aspects. Like salon passes, talent resets (and by that I mean, buying a page to shift it around with SG), and the newest one - market access. Cuz cutting off the bulk of your players from selling their goods (which is the only reliable money sink) makes for a healthy economy.

Ehhh.

Mobile games are worse. I wouldn't put this one with them. Afk arena, genshin impact, Raid shadow legends and so on are faaaaaaar worse than this.

I completely forgot about tree resets... o_o

Yeah, I’d hate to see how the market for buyable stuff is down the line for freemium players, when all they can get is around 500k meseta a week. 😞

@Zeke said in 90$ scratch bonuses seem to be the new norm.:

@Nasar said in 90$ scratch bonuses seem to be the new norm.:

Seriously though, this game has so much over cash grab mechanics it puts many cellphone games to shame. I find it very entertaining when people try to defend some of the more ridiculous aspects. Like salon passes, talent resets (and by that I mean, buying a page to shift it around with SG), and the newest one - market access. Cuz cutting off the bulk of your players from selling their goods (which is the only reliable money sink) makes for a healthy economy.

Ehhh.

Mobile games are worse. I wouldn't put this one with them. Afk arena, genshin impact, Raid shadow legends and so on are faaaaaaar worse than this.

I said "puts many" to shame, obviously there are ones far worse. I'm not gonna split hairs here. Sega is really bad about their monetization of this game and there are several other F2P games out that do it much better they could have copied the models of rather than continuing this trend. There's really no defending it so please don't try.

EDIT- To be open, I have premium, but that doesn't mean I can't see what they're doing to free players. These practices effect everyone to some extent.

It's what happens when people keep buying it at 90$. They ain't gunna stop if people will buy it at that price.

It's almost as if sega hired aeria game employees.

I’m not too familiar with Aeria Games. What game did they run?

@Pariah-Chan said in 90$ scratch bonuses seem to be the new norm.:

Aeria Games

Oof. It is a company that is almost as bad and possibly equal to Perfect World Entertainment & NCSoft. AG made Echo of Soul Phoenix series and a few others. Most notable is EoS.

I wouldn't say Sega is near or as bad as AG or PWE and NCSoft, but I wouldn't put it past them to possibly have had an intern sit in a few TrionWorlds development meetings to take notes though.

Why Trion? The bizarre silence on obscure topics (Censorship and Bots), weird items allowed and not allowed to be sold among the player base the clutching of past pearls with both hands while trying to reach for the lightning in a bottle with their feet, while selling absolute nonsense in their cash shop and calling it hype. You know similar to TrionWorlds. (Archeage & Archeage Unchained.)

Trion Worlds is also responsible for Trove right?

@Pariah-Chan said in 90$ scratch bonuses seem to be the new norm.:

Trion Worlds is also responsible for Trove right?

I believe so, sounds familiar, game looks too much like Minecraft meets Roblox - not my cup of tea.

Noted: Just checked their website. Trion is responsible for Trove, Archeage / Unchained,, Defiance / 2050 and Rift for their biggest games

Archeage/U and Defiance/2050 seemingly looked to be their cash cows after Rift tanked (remembering their whole anti WoW "This isn't Azeroth anymore" ad...) and something went wrong dunno where, but it did, not positive.

I’ve played Trove, so I can definitely see where you’re coming from. Trove would sell you anything if it could get away with it. XD

I guess we’re fortunate it’s not as bad as others, but those others did tank from their decisions. :3