We don't live in Japan...

Please change the maintenance times... I know the game is reliant on JP dev's but, please try...

not gonna happen, the dev team is from Japan and they are also humans so they also need to rest, also they work in both versions at the same time making the time they make the maintenance being the optimal for both versions.

The maintenance times are definitely based on US time zones, so it’s really not a JP thing. :#

@Pariah-Chan said in We don't live in Japan...:

The maintenance times are definitely based on US time zones, so it’s really not a JP thing. :#

It absolutely is a JP thing, these are the exact same weekly maint hours JP has had for the 8-9 years it'd been going.

@Kos which time zone would be more comfortable for you personally?

@Pariah-Chan said in We don't live in Japan...:

@Kos which time zone would be more comfortable for you personally?

How I've seen it, somewhere it will always be someone's prime time no matter the time zone used. Specifically - going to assume here, while 7pm PST would be a peak prime time log in, Tuesday might be the lowest queue of log in between both JPN and Global; similar to how other games schedule their maintenance, patches and content updates/DLC/Expansions. ESO Monday, I think FFXIV does as well, WoW uses Tuesdays - the big three still have complaints for holding their maintenance on their days despite not changing it since their launch, the silent majority often will simply make a quick snide comment/joke and move on about their day till it is over - one and done deal.

While it does suck, no matter the time, it will be an inconvenience no matter what to someone. Even those (not saying the OP or the one you quoted are doing this) who suggest different time sets often continue to complain about the new schedule due to it still inconveniencing them despite the change to their needs. Remember CoH/V (City of Heroes / Villains) used to be Wednesdays (think around 130am to 7am PST) and was moved to Thursdays (12am to 530am) due to their forum complaints on how it was a chore to wait, and the outcry was much more, and they opted back to Wednesdays. As well I believe Wildstar had a similar situation after it went F2P - yes both games are dead, it is the fact that their community used obscure excuses and complaints to change it only to continue their complaints from the same posters which ultimately became moot to flip it for barely two months and revert back to their norm cause of the loudest and not the majority.

At least here, it is the inconvenience of the time frame, which is understandable - it is during the middle of prime time; 5pm to 9pm. Versus, ESO and WoW where the complaints are worded and phrased that those companies are personally targeting just a very minor select individuals who will jump into legality and discrimination claims cause [reasons].

So it is fine as is, no need to alter it.

I'm in the UK and for me this maintenance time sucks as my prime play time is very early morning (from about 05.30 local time). It also coincides with my day off. But I fully understand that, no matter when they do maintenance, someone will always be unhappy about the time - that's the issue with a global game

It's a global game, maintenance at any time will inconvenience someone, somewhere in the world

and btw, today's maint, global finished on time and JP had 1hr 30min extension

@Viola-Lance Other games I play, such as Black Desert Online have early morning maintenance times 1AM, etc. Black Desert Online is also developed by South Korea and is a global version currently. If they can do it despite the game being developed on the other side of the world, Microsoft can to :).

@DKGJustus said in We don't live in Japan...:

@Viola-Lance Other games I play, such as Black Desert Online have early morning maintenance times 1AM, etc. Black Desert Online is also developed by South Korea and is a global version currently. If they can do it despite the game being developed on the other side of the world, Microsoft can to :).

The maintenance isn't a Microsoft dev issue, it is Japanese Developers issue. What you are suggesting is to have the JPN devs work split shifts to solely accommodate a minority of a fraction, all be cause of an mild inconvenience.

The "gottcha" termss cause X game does this, means Y game should to doesn't work. History has proven it across multiple games and developers.

Yes, it sucks. But some one will get screwed over no matter what, but your time, nor mine or anyone else's is worth more or less. And to try to suggest to split it puts extra work load, which causes more issues and complaints and pushing farther only show entitlement and vanity with no regards for the developers and others from in the global market playing the same game.

It is fine as is, despite it sucking, we are not the most important players in any region, let alone the only ones.

@DKGJustus said in We don't live in Japan...:

As the other person said Microsoft doesn't oversee this game, SEGA of Japan does. Why are you so self entitled to think a company should work around your schedule? Say they do move the hours, someone, somewhere else will be inconvenienced, (which is really what this is for you, a minor inconvenience) which you obviously don't care about, because even though you know this is a global game, you don't care about that other set of people that it would hinder.

Let's be frank here, they dont have to change maintenance times for anyone, and shouldn't. And you should be mature enough to play something else in the meantime, like normal people do. You shouldn't be so selfish to come to these forums, and ask the company to change entire work schedules, around you, one person. Even if twelve people agreed, there are hundreds, and thousands of people fully ok with things as they are, because they just want the game to work properly, and if it requires maintenance times as they are, so be it. People like you rarely take other people into account, let alone people working hard to provide you the service, especially a service on a free to play game. Grow up please, other game companies have different hours, and different infrastructures, and they do not apply to this, or any other games maintenance schedule.

@Anarchy-Marine Let's be honest here, you have no idea how the development works or the work schedules of the employees performing the work. Everything in this response is an assumption.

Plenty of us don't live in the US timezones either... so what would be a good time for it?

The game maintenance is fine. It takes place in the morning in Japan, since that is when most of their players can't play anyway due to commutes, school, etc. The maintenance also affects not only the JP servers, but also global simultaneously since they do them both simultaneously, which is something called efficiency. In the end, companies want to be as efficient as possible. If they moved the maintenance time for Global, they would move the maintenance time for Japan, which inconvenience the Japanese, which is their main target audience for the game. Global is just an afterthought, hence why they adjust Global's schedule to JP's schedule, instead of the other way around. Japan is a country that builds everything they do around efficiency, due to how small and crowded the country is, as well as time that would have to be set aside to commute to and from the workplace. Also, if Global was left to the responsibility of another branch of SEGA, which is what would get it no matter what, the Global server would die within a year because of that SEGA branch neglecting it, just like every other SEGA PSO title with online functionality.

I like the times. It fits my schedule.. unlike with other online games. Guess that is just the luck of the dice. When you serve a community of several different types of people there is always some that will be inconvenienced, and others not effected .. if you can’t handle being inconvenienced once in a while for this game to better its self, maybe find another game that is better suited for your level of patience? 🤔